Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thineownself (View Post)
Yup. If you have to demand being worshiped, then you don't deserve it in the first place, Kelly. Brenda never had a goddess complex, which was one of the reasons Dylan adored her so much. That was his free will.
Absolutely. Goddess complex, I love it that is SO Kelly, not just in this relationship Her demands were so pathetic. She knows her relationship is wrong, and how is she working on it? Demanding more worshipping! Kelly sucks.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Extreme Fan

^^I can just see Dylan's eyes rolling around and around hearing all of the demands. Poor guy was going crazy with her that one year.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, I think he even told her in season 4 something like, "I know what I DO have when I don't have you. PEACE." Yeah, baby

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Extreme Fan

I read on another forum that the only reason Dylan and Kelly stayed together was due to the damage and guilt they caused in losing Brenda as a girlfriend and friend. They had to at least pretend that the benefit of their relationship was greater than the cost, but alas they knew it really wasn't.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thineownself (View Post)
I read on another forum that the only reason Dylan and Kelly stayed together was due to the damage and guilt they caused in losing Brenda as a girlfriend and friend. They had to at least pretend that the benefit of their relationship was greater than the cost, but alas they knew it really wasn't.
I absolutely agree, I read it too and it really summarized what I would be writing in 15 pages I think they both realized it wasn't worth spoiling individual relationships they had with Brenda, then they tried to prove to themselves and the world it was worth it.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I absolutely agree, I read it too and it really summarized what I would be writing in 15 pages I think they both realized it wasn't worth spoiling individual relationships they had with Brenda, then they tried to prove to themselves and the world it was worth it.
Dylan should have called off the whole thing once it went bust (aka immediately). As Brenda said, she would've taken him back in a second...no questions asked.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just think she shouldn't take him back that fast, but it is all good

So this sin't really for pro Dylan thread (because of anti Kelly stuff), so let's park it here and bold anti soulcheats stuff...

Quote:
Do I Really Have To Discuss Dylan? Damn.

So, it's come to this. Okay. I can do this. Deep breaths, all around. Well, I suppose a somewhat necessary part of this show was one Mr. Dylan "Hair Club For Lent" McKay. It's actually a bit hard to think of ten compelling things for him, seeing as the sideburns issue was covered with Brand-O, the lack of acting prowess was covered with Silver (and in my future article on La Spelling), and the **** factor was handled (hee hee) with Kelly. So after much thought, voila the 10:

10. He doesn't actually know anyone's name. He calls Brand-O "Jones," among other things (it seems like he has a new nickname every episode). He seems to go out of his way to come up with random names for the others. Now, I'll admit, I have a tendency to call people "Sweetie" or "Yo" (as in, "Thanks, Yo"), but I freely admit it's because I have a horrible time remembering anyone's name. The Scottish call it "tartling." Yes, it is actually a word. But I don't know if this is the writers being lazy, Dylan being a moron or the combo of the two. A question for the ages.
9. His dad's a crappy actor. Josh Taylor, of The Hogan Family (and Chris Kosichek of Days of our Lives) is really boring. I was glad when he got all blown up. But then, you know, didn't.
8. He tends to show emotion by screaming. The aforementioned explosion, when his wife got shot. Granted, a good number of actors find it hard to cry on cue, but you gotta warn me before you let one out, Jones! I had the tv on loud and it scared the crap out of me. But, speaking of which...
7. I cried like a baby when Noxema girl got shot. The screaming actually worked for me that time; all the cliches were there, the rain, the dark, only lit by the headlights. And when he drove off with the kitten? Weeping.
6. He always had to give the PSA. I just rewatched the U4EA episode the other day, and his whole little "I get tempted, Bren" speech killed me. I was waiting for him to wear a t-shirt that said, "How's my drinking? Dial 1-800- blah blah blah."
5. He's bald. Honestly, look at him. I think they made the 'burns so long and the hair so high to cover up his completely receding hairline. The sick thing? He looked even older than The Zuck on the show. When I first saw him, my immediate thought was, "Is this the new Shop Teacher?"
4. He saved Steve's ass. Remember that stupid car racing episode? Yeah, I do. So, that's cool.
3. He was a funny drunk. Remember when he tried to kill Kelly? That was awesome.
2. Wait, that was just in my brain. Yeah, Dylan sucks.

1. But I still like him better than Brandon.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I just think she shouldn't take him back that fast, but it is all good
I see. The B/D shipper in me would have loved it, though.

Great bold-ings on that list! This is gonna sound bad, but I secretly love Dylan as a mean drunk unleashing his true feelings about Kelly. Like calling her out for coming over at 2am. He knew they were just two warm bodies to each other. Yet she insisted on acting like she genuinely cared about his feelings.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She was all Snowwhite acting, John Sears was right. Sometimes I really like that jerk Maybe because I see papa Dan potential in him

Yeah, Dylan and Kelly knew the best what they really were about and they said it themselves, then tried to downplay it with past lives crap and stuff. When he told her "But Kelly is not just into physical any more, huh?" about her hooking up with Brandon, that was crucial moment. Along with her "Why, do I look mad?" to Donna's question if she got back together with Dylan.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

So bad they make you like John Sears. That is real bad.

Quote:
Yeah, Dylan and Kelly knew the best what they really were about and they said it themselves, then tried to downplay it with past lives crap and stuff. When he told her "But Kelly is not just into physical any more, huh?" about her hooking up with Brandon, that was crucial moment. Along with her "Why, do I look mad?" to Donna's question if she got back together with Dylan.
Snowball effect of Kelly and Dylan building and building until they reached mythic proportions (riiiiight!). It was a high school hookup. Not an epic romance. Gah!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So bad they make you like John Sears. That is real bad.
Well, man had a point. Kelly dumped Dylan for him. How nice There must be something about him... I know He loves to party! Way to go, Kel!

Quote:
Snowball effect of Kelly and Dylan building and building until they reached mythic proportions (riiiiight!). Gah!
Great!

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think their relationship lasted about 10 minutes after that dance in "Ode to Joy".
I agree, and I'm so glad that it was a group dance and we didn't have to see D/K dancing with each other. If they shared any more "moments," it would've made me puke!

Esma, where did you find that list?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimefan (View Post)
Esma, where did you find that list?
There was OraBrooch's site with great recaps of the epis and articles about characters, but it's down now I saved the articles, because I love them

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys!

Can you add me? I'm still a shipper, just not in Seasons 3 and 4.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, add Amy for seasons 3 and 4

... And I told you that she's gonna come back

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread