Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Extreme Fan

They bs-ed a lot of stuff about how close the gang used to be when they were kids later on in the show. Which is pretty senseless since that goes against the whole premise of the twins prompting this group of kids to come together. Kelly and Dylan's "past" is the worst retroactive writing of all since their whole love is based on kindergarten and then another life! blah! The proof is on tape the first two seasons, so I don't know who they're trying to fool. This couple was such a bad afterthought.

Last edited by thineownself; 05-29-2008 at 08:13 PM
Old 05-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Dylan and Kelly hardly even spoke to each other in the 1st 2 seasons.

Not to mention she tried to make a date with him when he first started dating Brenda, but failed completely.
Horrible contrivancy of them suddenly hooking up and having a history.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thineownself (View Post)
They bs-ed a lot of stuff about how close the gang used to be when they were kids later on in the show. Which is pretty senseless since that goes against the whole premise of the twins prompting this group of kids to come together. Kelly and Dylan's "past" is the worst retroactive writing of all since their whole love is based on kindergarten and then another life! blah! The proof is on tape the first two seasons, so I don't know who they're trying to fool. This couple was such a bad afterthought.
Absolutely agree. B/c they are just a bad afterthought is potential next title

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I always got the sense that Dylan was the lonely Beverly Hills hotel kid who never forged any meaningful connections with other kids at school. There are numerous occasions where Dylan is shown interacting with the hotel staff and inhabitants as his friends. If he had made any connections in school, let alone with Kelly, I don't think he would have ran his course as a tortured bad boy rebel. He would have been happier and that would negate the whole Dylan character completely. Kelly and Dylan's contrived story doesn't ring true to Dylan's character. If he and Kelly didn't "bond" over the kindergarten times back then, they never would have later in the future. It was meaningful enough to remember ten years later, but not so much that they would begin their friendship/relationship back then? Hmmm....contrived!

Sorry, I don't know if I'm making much sense.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't been on this thread in a while, but I love the title for the thread.
M♥D B♥D E♥B A♥I D♥I Ad♥A I♥G L♥G C♥M C♥O A♥P C♥V D♥C L♥A R♥N A♥B B♥K K♥D T♥D D♥D V♥D N♥E S♥D A♥E Z♥C E♥C B♥A J♥R G♥C Z♥K J♥K C♥C S♥B B♥L H♥N R♥R D♥S C♥B B♥N R♥L N♥V J♥R K♥R S♥K N♥C J♥A B♥E C♥N S♥E S♥B C♥D L♥L C♥S Jason♥Sam J♥L R♥P S♥C E♥T N♥B C♥P L♥P D♥J P♥J P♥A L♥L R♥J R♥M S♥S Avatar by catkirk7!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I always got the sense that Dylan was the lonely Beverly Hills hotel kid who never forged any meaningful connections with other kids at school. There are numerous occasions where Dylan is shown interacting with the hotel staff and inhabitants as his friends. If he had made any connections in school, let alone with Kelly, I don't think he would have ran his course as a tortured bad boy rebel. He would have been happier and that would negate the whole Dylan character completely. Kelly and Dylan's contrived story doesn't ring true to Dylan's character. If he and Kelly didn't "bond" over the kindergarten times back then, they never would have later in the future. It was meaningful enough to remember ten years later, but not so much that they would begin their friendship/relationship back then? Hmmm....contrived!

Oh, it makes sense. I agree with every single sentence, that's what we've been discussing so many times... They had the most contrived story ever, even before past lives crap was introduced

There were some great posts in previous threads about their contrived history and sudden posing of Kelly as Dylan's original flame and female mirror, as Maria put it eloquently I will find them and we could link them to OP, or here to discuss...

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-31-2008, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I don't think Luke and Jennie had great chemistry. At least not the type of chemistry I think it takes for a couple to be considered as 'ultimate'. It seemed like the writers had to get Dylan and Kelly passionate all the time for people to stay interested in them. Their scenes didn't keep my interest at all because it just seemed like they were on a mission to make DK the passionate couple.

Like for instance, when he "chooses" Kelly in the pool. It all has to be, once again, about the passion.

And, key phrase, "I want you." Not "I love you", "I want you." It's all about the lust.

I got sick and tired of watching the same old crap.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-31-2008, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also don't think they had chemistry, and their scenes were super forced. Their "passion" is yawny All Dylan and Kelly had to show was fighting -make out - kindergarten memories - past lives.

And I missed some discussion before about their tongue kisses. I think that their first on screen kiss, in Dylan's house in "Shooting Star", was with tongue and it was awful. I'm not sure for others, they looked BAD so I didn't bother is there a tongue or not Though I think there was not, it was more like frozen lips and my boyfriend was all "It is quite clear that they don't kiss at all" about their "Destiny Rides Again" kiss (painting Kelly's walls). Anyway, I always thought all Kelly's kisses looked weird.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I think that their first on screen kiss, in Dylan's house in "Shooting Star", was with tongue and it was awful.
Oh god yeah that kiss was GROSS. It was like they were totally forcing each other onto each other's lips, then were trying really hard to get out of the kiss.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was awful kiss, if I ever saw any.

I just love how Dylan could talk with Bren about such an important stuff in their lives like poetry, drama, literature in general, and Kelly had no interest in these things at all But you know, I've just watched some "Home Is where the Tart Is" edits and I realized that Dylan and Kelly did share some artistic love. What, you wonder. Be prepared. How touching is that they have the same favorite photo... from her model shoot?

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 05-31-2008 at 08:19 AM
Old 05-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just loved how BD's started out like that innocent, young love...and then it just made all their passionate moments together all the better. They grew into being so comfortable with each other....
I probably wouldn't have found DK kiss scenes so bad if every time I wasn't thinking, YUCK CHEATERS WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU'RE PATHETIC GET A LIFE!!!
BD were actually romantic...how many romantic moments did DK have...one moment of eating strawberries together?...lol...
Old 05-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Makes sense to me. I agree...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
how many romantic moments did DK have...one moment of eating strawberries together?...lol...
Every time I watch freshman year season, all I see are two people doing completely different things in college and hooking up at night some times to do the deed. Ewww! That is not the stuff of great love! That's a booty call.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsoflife (View Post)
I just loved how BD's started out like that innocent, young love...and then it just made all their passionate moments together all the better. They grew into being so comfortable with each other....
I probably wouldn't have found DK kiss scenes so bad if every time I wasn't thinking, YUCK CHEATERS WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU'RE PATHETIC GET A LIFE!!!
BD were actually romantic...how many romantic moments did DK have...one moment of eating strawberries together?...lol...
IAwith you in every word, btw, I love your avi!!

Claudia
Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

^Thank you
Quote:
Every time I watch freshman year season, all I see are two people doing completely different things in college and hooking up at night some times to do the deed. Ewww! That is not the stuff of great love! That's a booty call.
And if they weren't doing that, they were fighting. In an annoying way.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread