Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Yea the anti-wedding was the show's doom. Brandon left a few eppies later and and the show was basically over in my book.

But Dylan's return was seriously horrendous. How can a serious alcoholic like Dylan start drinking again as he was was never an alcoholic to begin with? And no one even frickin questioned him! That's so stupid. And Dylan drank on a regular basis too in S9-10. It wasn't just a one-time goof up. The idiotic McForehead went back to drugs (again) and almost died (again), yet we're somehow to believe he's no longer an alcoholic. Yeah right.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The continuity on this show became close to ZERO. Like, close to NOTHING made sense past a certain point on 90210. Dylan became a character of ridicule.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah exactly. I lost all respect for the Dylan character after a while. He became too annoying, selfish, and rude. The show should've just turned him into a full-blown villain. That may have restored some credibility to his character (although in a negative way).
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah, I see what you mean. The character they turned him into was like a shadow of his former-self anyway, so they may as well have just gone all the way and done a complete 180 with his personality. Perhaps that would've layered his character more than it became when he returned. The charisma from the early years in Dylan had just gone.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Dylan didn't have any charisma is Season 5 either. He was really rude and obnoxious that season. No wonder he was isolated from the rest of the group. Everyone was tired of fixing his sh1t for him. He never showed any maturity, and without Brenda around, he was in a downward spiral for most of the season.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I liked the Dylan/Val thing. Even though it was a physical thing for him, they seemed to understand each other. For instance when she cries and he realizes he's been tough on her. I thought he was a jerk when he started yelling stuff to her about her being "no Brenda." I mean, he thinks he knows her because he's slept with her??? Whatever. There was like 2 eps where I liked Dylan in S5 - Hazardous To Your Health and P.S. I Love You. Otherwise, he sucked that season.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Loyal Fan

He does treat Val pretty badly though. They have great chemistry together, but he just treats her like his sex slave. When he yelled at Val and accused her of trying to be like Brenda, it was uncalled for. He had no reason to do that. But I do agree they seemed to understand each other given their dark pasts. Both their fathers died in a terrible way so I think that kind of brought them closer.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

He treated her like the other woman. I actually did feel bad for her, she seemed to genuinely like him.

Like when she made that comment in P.S. I Love You about him not asking her to go round the world with him
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Add me to the list please. I liked Dylan in season 1&2 but after that, especially in seasons 3,5,9 and 10, I couldn't stand him. I liked him a little in season 6 because of his relationship with Toni.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Adding you

Yeah the only time post-S2 I liked Dylan again really was when he was with Toni.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Dylan treated Gina like crap in S9-10 also. Probably worse than how he treated Val. He was just so full of himself. I wanted someone to smack some sense in to him LOL. All of his arrogance started from S3 and gradually became worse. The guy deserved to end up alone.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I simply hate that he got it his own way in the end. What I hated most about his relationship with Kelly was the way he always just expected her to be there waiting for him every time he came crawling back to her. It sickened me. He slept with Brenda just before she went to London but that never gets revealed because she doesn't come back and so Kelly's the one who has to feel guilty over her relationship with Brandon. Then later in the season he expects her to just leave Brandon for him when he has a vision of them in a past life. It just all makes me wanna I really hate the way he acted and the way he thought when he was with Kelly.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, not sure if if I want to be added or not. cause I loved Dylan pre Triangle days LOL

The thing that always got to me about Dylan was the fact he tells Brandon, when he was going to make his choice of ( delusional choice) with Kelly to take care of Brenda WTF was that. First of all dont tell Brandon how to take care of his own sister and 2. for your information, Brenda can take care of own damn self thank you. He was just arrogant like " like oh, I screwed over your sister, now your obligated to pick up the pieces with her
Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Ti! Stop disappearing and go post on the ring bearers thread

I think MOST of us here loved Dylan then. And hated him afterwards. So methinks you should join.

I agree telling Brandon to do that was majorly up, god I HATED Dylan post-S2
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I cant help it FF is just NOW letting me on
Closed Thread   Post New Thread