Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Anti Brenda Walsh: Because she was boring.

Welcome to the Anti-Brenda Walsh thread!
This thread is designated for the people who abhor the character of Brenda Walsh, was annoyed by her attitude, could not stand the holier than thou attitude, or just plain winced every time she made her appearance on screen.

Just Three Rules
1. No bashing of Shannen Doherty, cause she is just the actress who had to play this abnormally rude character. We cannot fault her for that.

2. No bashing of the posters that are anti Brenda Walsh, cause no one should fault us for our good taste.

3. No bashing of the posters that are pro Brenda Walsh.

Why We Can't Stand the Sight of Brenda Walsh:
1. Because she is the real hypocrite; having the audacity to act like a victim when Dylan cheated on her when she did the same thing in Paris.
2. Because all she ever did was whine.
3. Because she was a 6 year old brat in the body of a 16 year old.
4. Because she threw her childish temper tantrums every time she didn't get her way.
5. Because the best years of 90210 were after she left.
6. Because yelling at her parents were her favorite past time.
7. Because she completely took her brother for granted, often rallying for favoritism.
8. Because she was a near-sociopathic Social Climber.
9. Because she was so defensive all the time that no one could be honest with her.
10. Because she thought that her fears and problems ("I HATE my hair!" / "Mom, you KNOW I don't like anchovies!") were greater than everyone else's.
11. Because she got real holier-than-thou whenever anything good happened to her.
12. Because her whole relationship with Dylan was him comforting her whenever she'd freak out about something.
13. Because she didn't appreciate the wonderful family she had.
14. Because she took her loving parents for granted.
15. Because there was no spark to her.
16. Because she is the definition of the word dull.
17. Because "Kelly has microwaved popcorn for dinner."
18. Because she lied to a guy about her age. She shouldn't be shocked when he dumps her.
19. Because we just don't think she was that interesting.
20. Because there was a 'I Hate Brenda' newsletter, in the prime years of 90210.
21. Because she is the real hypocrite who made out with her best friends boyfriend back in Minnesota to break them up.
22. Because karma is a bitch, just like her.
23. Because she got what she deserved.
24. Because she never listens and ends up getting herself into sh/t.
25. Because she a brat; full of obnoxious, self-serving complaints and complete disregard for those around her.
26. Because we took one look at Brenda and said, 'Give me Brandon, or give me Death!'.
27. Because who says we have to accept the protagonists they give us?
28. Because Brenda losing Dylan was the best thing that ever happened to her.
29. Because she was to caught up in her own problems to be loyal to anybody else but herself.
30. Because her sense of entitlement is truly out of this world.
31. Because she intended to miss her flight from Paris to Beverly Hills as she chased after Rick.
32. Because she wouldn’t have returned to Dylan if she had caught Rick in time.
33. Because Brenda is only as loyal as her options.
34. Because she was constantly showing off her relationship with Dylan.
35. Because "You and Jake aren't even up there with David and Donna".
36. Because she was always ranking the level of importance that the relationships had; and she was always on top in her mind.
37. Because Brenda Walsh was SMUG.
38. Because she had no humility whatsoever.
39. Because she lived for power and prestige, drooling over her own ruthlessness.
40. Because everything was about rank and position in Brenda's eyes.
41. Because her and Kelly may have had a bond based almost entirely on mutual envy, but at least Kelly envied things that mattered, like a sense of family.
42. Because Brenda envied material possessions and social status.
43. Because Kelly’s mom is on drugs and all Brenda can talk about is how she wished she had a cool mom and life like that.
44. Because "What’s your biggest problem? So many clothes so little time?"
45. Because when she and Kelly go on that blind date, she makes a comment about how it would do her good to associate with an Ivy league/older/more financially secure man.
46. Because she preached about what she was not.
47. Because she was hardly there for her brother; he was always the one popping his head in her room to ask her what was wrong.
48. Because "Come on, Mom. Anybody who is anybody goes to Palm Springs for Spring Break."
49. Because if she was upset everyone had to know (i.e.: slamming doors, yelling, storming off exc.)

Anti Brenda Quotes:

"That means Brenda is being a self-centered little bitch."
- Kelly Taylor from 2.28 Wedding Bell Blues

"She is ungrateful, she is deceitful, she’s irrational. What we got here is a manipulative little girl who is spoiled rotten to the core."
- Jim Walsh from 3.02 The Twins, The Trustee, And The Very Big Trip

"Well, you know us Walshes, boring and predictable."
- Brandon Walsh from 3.22 The Child Is Father to the Man

"I'm no Brenda Walsh, but I think I'm getting the hang of playing someone obnoxious."
- Brandon Walsh from 5.24 Unreal World

Brenda Bashers
SweetSymphony
cliffy spuffy dreamer
kingjames23
Daniella Ivette
barbeegurl00
KellylovesDylan
MusicofNight07
oneflyCHICK
Liz01
Polia*MAD*Fan
nemapasara
Jaime Bee
natehaley23
playgroundDiaries (Except for S4 and late S3)
LALEY-FOREVER

Last edited by satisfy the crave; 09-02-2007 at 04:49 AM
Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
Am I the only one who hated her?
I don't hate her but I don't love her.

She just annoyed me sometimes. I felt like she didn't appreciate the wonderful family she had. She could be a brat sometimes.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

haha..ok you don't have to hate her. ..lol.

yupp, she definitely was a brat..and her constant whining, I couldn't handle it.

The show was so much better when she left.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
haha..ok you don't have to hate her. ..lol.

yupp, she definitely was a brat..and her constant whining, I couldn't handle it.

The show was so much better when she left.
I can't believe her parents gave her a trip to Paris after everything she did.

I'm glad they did cause well that helped us have DK.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

yeah i liked dylan and kelly better !!
It might all be gone t o m o r r o w.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm... I did dislike Brenda. I don't think I even liked her but I did feel sympathetic many times. Shannen played her well. In general, Brenda was just so pfft to me but I don't like anti-threads in general. Let's just put in some love for Kelly Taylor.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 06-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

I love Brenda, but there were a few times when I come close to hating her. The ironic thing is I never cared for her character or Dylan and Brenda until last year when I started re-watching the re-runs. Some things that bugged me about her:

- The lip smack, eyebrow raise thing she always did, never stopped bugging the crap out of me.

- She way too forgiving, trusting, and honest in my opinion, and for my taste.

- She had to make a big deal over a lot of situations that wasn't necessarily needed to be made that big a deal of.

- I hated when she got pissed off over Dylan having that girl Janie in his hotel room, in "A Fling In Palm Springs." Most of Brenda's scenes with Dylan was cute, sweet, and comedic, but when she annoyed me when she was acting all bratty about Dylan being with her. It would be different if he and the girl were half naked, and the sheets were messy, but she was so immature, and barely let Dylan and Janie explain themselves.

- The way she got jealous over Dylan helping that girl Sarah from AA out when she was flirting with that guy Tim at the same time. Dylan, didn't seem to have any romantic feelings for her, but Brenda got jealous anyways.

- The way she got jealous, and mad after finding out Dylan took another girl to Baja before her while they were broken up. This is the same girl who went after her older drama class teacher that same summer. So, just because Dylan doesn't tell her he's the bad guy? She was only in Baja for a night, if I were her I would've made the most of the time I was there with him instead of bitching. I really wanted to reach in the t.v., and smack her during those scenes.

- She also seemed to worry too much, and be too concious about a lot of things, which kind of refrained her a bit from being in the moment.

Last edited by cartiergurl01; 06-30-2007 at 11:52 PM
Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

she definitely ws way too forgiving ..

The way she got jealous, and mad after finding out Dylan took another girl to Baja before her while they were broken up.

i TOTALLY agree!
It might all be gone t o m o r r o w.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HA! I love this thread.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

If anyone has any more reasons to add to the opening post, lemme know.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

KK...ya know...it's more me not liking Shannen...and that's one of the rules....so I'll keep my mouth shut.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

So I've been watching the first few episodes on SoapNet and I must contribute.

--The parent thing-- Just ugh!
Her parents let her get away with EVERYTHING.

Prime example: Brenda goes on and on about how Kelly's mom doesn't cook homemade meals (how dare the outdated Mrs. Walsh cook for her family?!), Kelly's mom dresses nice and was a MODEL and acts more like a friend than a parent. All of this making her mother feel like complete crap. In the end, Brenda gave a weak apology (after finding out Kelly's mom was an alcoholic and using cocaine), but Mrs. Walsh apologizes for being a little outdated. HUH?

Another: Brenda uses a fake ID and sneaks into a bar, meets an older man, pretends to be a college student. When the guy dumps her for being just 16, she comes home crying and her mother never punishes her, just says "it was my fault, I should have known something was wrong." WHAT?!

Very. Irritating.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

I think the funny thing about that episode was Brenda was pissy about having a home cooked meal, and wanted microwaved popcorn... Um OK.

I just also hated how she treated her parents, especially Jim, who were just being parents.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh.my.god. YES! The way she treated her parents was just crazy. I get that she's a teenager. Doesn't know any better, but still...If I ever spoke like that to my dad, man, I'd get a beating. LOL. Have some respect girl! Freaking grow up and understand that you're lucky to have those parents.

Man, oh man!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

I know!

"KELLY has microwave popcorn for dinner!" I totally agree with Mrs. Walsh when she said "Well then I feel sorry for her."

Oh how I hate Brenda's selfishness and ungratefulness.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread