✒ Gynge
✒ KingMikeTarzan
✒~Casey~
✒ eternalfate

playgroundDiaries

♠reasons
✒ brandon hates dancing — Andrea's the only person he asks to dance
✒ their kisses were so intense for both of them they almost couldn't take it
✒ because brandon loved her more than anyone, even if he couldn't admit it to himself
♠vids
brandon & andrea in greek
Can't Get You Off My Mind (Andrea & Brandon, 90210)
like whoa
You Belong With Me [Andrea and Brandon]
♠fanfics
"A Night to Remember", by Kalen Archer
"In The Palm Of Her Hand", by Smiley67
"My Mistake" by Vixen in Violet
"Moments, by Vixen in Violet
"For Now", by Ms Kitten

by Xelphia Kenny

❝Later, Chief❞ ❝See ya, Ace❞

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-16-2021, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!
Nice title.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-17-2021, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to admit that the quote was from the Spring Dance first time it was mentioned here, but it does make sense. They both needed more impulsiveness.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-17-2021, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

They really did.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-17-2021, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Cheers for opening/linking the new thread, Es

I just watched the Spring Dance episode

I still love the crazy dream sequence of Andrea chasing Kelly with the chainsaw in competition for Brandon's affections. It was an obvious CARRIE reference and it worked.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-17-2021, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)

Brandon looks soooo turned on here omg I'd like to think that this is his reaction to seeing her determined and working on something she's passionate about

Quote:
I just watched the Spring Dance episode

I still love the crazy dream sequence of Andrea chasing Kelly with the chainsaw in competition for Brandon's affections. It was an obvious CARRIE reference and it worked.
lmao I loved that scene because Kelly was annoying me in that episode...like asking out Brandon in front of Andrea knowing she liked him ? Kelly, girl, you couldn't have at least given your friend a warning

But she was called out for her other behavior in the episode and quickly stopped complaining and remembered it was Steve's birthday, so I'm still happy for her winning the Spring Queen or whatever it was.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I guess also Texas Chainsaw Massacre reference, but very funny and original and nice. I still laugh my ass off at it.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-29-2021, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

^^ Those episodes aren't on Hulu so I appreciate the screenshots!

Found a newish Brandrea video. I love the video and the description lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbkWt_9-PM&t=1s
Old 06-03-2021, 11:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

OMG thank you for posting this video it's incredible!! Just shows so many nuances of all their missed chances and bad timing! Ugh!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^^ Those episodes aren't on Hulu so I appreciate the screenshots!
I think these are not the caps, but the pics from the set of Wildfire (S2). Both of them, But I am not sure.

Quote:
Found a newish Brandrea video. I love the video and the description lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbkWt_9-PM&t=1s
Great!

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-04-2021, 05:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OMG thank you for posting this video it's incredible!! Just shows so many nuances of all their missed chances and bad timing! Ugh!
I think nuances is a great way of putting it. I've been seeing so many comments lately saying this relationship was one- sided or that Brandon never liked her because of season 2 but the situation is not that simple. They both had their insecurities and flaws and I don't believe Brandon is the type of guy to sleep with his friend unless he liked her and was aware of it on some level (hence why he rejected Kelly).

I don't know why someone would insist he was just sleeping with her to use her in the season 1 finale if they are a Brandon fan. It makes him sound like a jerk rather than just a flawed teenager. But I have seen a lot of comments like that, unfortunately.

I love how so much of the video was them saying they are just friends with the pan over to scenes of them kissing. It really describes their dynamic well and yes, nuances and reading between the lines when they say that

Tumblr giftset!
https://livelovecaliforniadreams.tum...41460019822592

Old 06-05-2021, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think nuances is a great way of putting it. I've been seeing so many comments lately saying this relationship was one- sided or that Brandon never liked her because of season 2 but the situation is not that simple.
I think it's not even because of S2, because she rejected him at its very beginning and not vice versa, but the end of S3 when they come up with such a narrative. Jordan suggests that Andrea is not going to Yale because of Brandon, and Brandon goes out of his way to convince her that she should go and that they are just friends. He seems more frightened by the possibility of Andrea liking him than he was from owing money to Duke, IDK. I thought it was really irritant.

Of course, at the beginning of S4 Andrea goes to Gill's house to profess her feelings for him, so it does not seem like she wanted to stay because of Brandon :tongue:

Quote:
They both had their insecurities and flaws and I don't believe Brandon is the type of guy to sleep with his friend unless he liked her and was aware of it on some level (hence why he rejected Kelly).
Absolutely.

Quote:
I don't know why someone would insist he was just sleeping with her to use her in the season 1 finale if they are a Brandon fan. It makes him sound like a jerk rather than just a flawed teenager. But I have seen a lot of comments like that, unfortunately.
I have never seen such comments, or maybe I have simply disqualified them in my mind right away because they are so stupid that they do not deserve any attention.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-05-2021, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love the gifset!

I honestly think it's because they had certain characters constantly on about how andrea has feelings for brandon, like kelly in slumber party or steve in a lot of episodes. whereas they don't spend as much time on brandon's feelings, because he never talks to anyone but andrea about it (except for brenda but that was one time and only about sleeping together, not all of the kisses - and there were a lot)

so I'm guessing a big part of audiences have a tendency to just take what they hear at face value instead of examining the veracity of it.

it's clear throughout the series that brandon has strong and deep feelings for andrea, evident in how scared he is to make that move because he doesn't want to lose her. whereas andrea can be honest with herself about her feelings and does talk to some people about it, but she also doesn't take the risk the few times they get close to deciding anything (like when she calls it off in 2.01)
Old 06-06-2021, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I honestly think it's because they had certain characters constantly on about how andrea has feelings for brandon, like kelly in slumber party or steve in a lot of episodes. whereas they don't spend as much time on brandon's feelings, because he never talks to anyone but andrea about it (except for brenda but that was one time and only about sleeping together, not all of the kisses - and there were a lot)
True. I think the show also put more emphasis on her feelings because she's a girl, therefore supposed to be more vulnerable and sensitive etc. Andrea was also not exactly able to hide her feelings. Sometimes you could really see the hurt and jealousy. Whilst Brandon tended to hide his feelings even from himself, I would say, God forbid the other characters. He was emotionally the most stunted male on the show. Really did not wear his heart on his sleeve.

Quote:
it's clear throughout the series that brandon has strong and deep feelings for andrea, evident in how scared he is to make that move because he doesn't want to lose her. whereas andrea can be honest with herself about her feelings and does talk to some people about it, but she also doesn't take the risk the few times they get close to deciding anything (like when she calls it off in 2.01)
Very true. And then I guess that lack of reciprocity in talking about their feelings was also one of the factors that blocked her.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread