Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned but iMDB says "McKay"
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, good thinking to look up there. I was googling something about spin of unrelated to Sammy and Google suggested some question about Sammy Taylor. I was like, I did not even think about his last name.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
yulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's McKay. I guess it's because DK were still together at the time Sammy was born.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Were they still together or it was just one of their occasional hook ups? I am not sure if it was ever clarified. Also, kid did not know Dylan.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think DK were together when Sammy was born and a little while after that. Since Dylan go and work on humanitarian projects, he comes and goes. In 1x06 - Model Behavior, Kelly stated to Brenda that the last time he saw Dylan was during Sammy's first Christmas Eve at Kelly's house. So I do think that Sammy was old enough to be aware of Dylan.

After speaking with Brenda, Kelly and Sammy decide to go and visit Dylan. Kelly tells Silver that this may be the last time they will ever see Dylan and that he might be out of their lives for good - if Dylan hadn't changed.

When Kelly returned from seeing Dylan, she said "Well, Dylan is Dylan. Nothing's changed. Same cheekbones; same sideburns; same perfectly messy haircut; same commitment issues."
Old 08-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought they mentioned at some point that Sammy did not know who his father was. But it is possible I just added that. I don't know, he was too little and was seeing him too rarely to be aware of him, IMO. What does his first Christmas in Kelly's house even mean? When he was 2?

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-23-2016, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since I've only seen some scenes of the spinoff, you may be right. Or he might just be asking Kelly a lot of questions about who is dad is.

Sammy's first Christmas when Kelly and Dylan last saw one another. So I would assume Sammy had to be 1 year old or less. By the time the spinoff started, Sammy's 4 years old already. Then Kelly goes and visits Dylan one last time.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sammy's first Christmas when Kelly and Dylan last saw one another. So I would assume Sammy had to be 1 year old or less. By the time the spinoff started, Sammy's 4 years old already. Then Kelly goes and visits Dylan one last time.
Well if he did not see him between the age of 1 and 4, no way Sammy could know who Dylan was.

Basically, spin off made all the 4 main girls single moms. Brenda with adopted baby, Kelly with Dylan's, Donna with David's and Andrea has already been single mom since the original.

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 08-23-2016 at 11:56 PM
Old 08-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Why are you guys discussing this AU fanfic which tried to pass itself off as spin-off? :p

Ngl sometimes I forget this show existed
Old 08-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I so missed you, Caro.

I agree but I think Sammy would know that he has a father and asked Kelly about him. I'm sure Kelly told Sammy about Dylan.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why are you guys discussing this AU fanfic which tried to pass itself off as spin-off? :p
Yeah, I know, it never happened. But Google suggested something about Sammy Taylor to me recently so I got confused and came to clarify It's a compulsive disorder!

Quote:
Ngl sometimes I forget this show existed
I hope we will never finish this thread actually. I should not have bumped it! Gawd, it's like there was no fan of the original who liked it.

Quote:
I agree but I think Sammy would know that he has a father and asked Kelly about him. I'm sure Kelly told Sammy about Dylan.
Yeah, he sure knew he had a dad and he might have known his name, but he could not know Dylan as a person if he was 4 and saw him last time when he was 1 year old

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad that Brenda was so nice and played with Sammy. At first, I thought she may be jealous that she's not his mother.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Great.

Hopefully, the original series will make it onto whatever format comes after that.

Quote:
At first, I thought she may be jealous that she's not his mother.
You know, I did get that impression from the scene/episode. But then, everything was stupid and literally painful to watch, so ...

Sometimes I find good fan videos of the spinoff while searching for original series vids, lol. Here's one of them. S1 Adrianna really was the best thing the show had going for it for a little while.

Quote:
I hope we will never finish this thread actually.
Why, so we can keep this title indefinitely?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the original series also gets the Blu Ray treatment...but I'd be happy if they managed to get all the original music.
Reply   Post New Thread