Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Now I just need a piano.

No, but seriously, I've totally looked for this before. Thought it was discontinued forever.

Peach Pit suggestion #574558: "Kansas City", by Wilbert Harrison
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

I was thinking more along the lines of 'trumpet'. And it's very much out of print, but still available. There were two versions on ebay.

Icon by Court
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, geez. Well, I certainly never come in contact with trumpets. It's the piano score that used to be in stores that sell sheet music.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I don't know what it actually is since they just posted a pic of the outside cover. Could be tuba for all I know.

Icon by Court
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Wow If I could buy it, I'll gladly practice with my good old flute
Old 01-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

The things we learn about each other, lol.

That'd be an interesting experiment in my house, since I don't like the sound of the flute but I love 90210.

They need to, again, come out with sheet music for the electric guitar. Makes the most sense.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

We could get a whole band together!

Icon by Court
Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We had to have a group for the after-graduation party and I worked it around–this was like 1997–and I got the Spice Girls. I had the Spice Girls. And I go to Jason who is directing and I go, “I’ve worked this out. They’re fans of the show. We’re going to have the Spice Girls!” And he went, “I’m not doing the show.” So they wound up getting The Cardigans. Like did anyone know who The Cardigans are? Terrible misstep. It was going to be huge. Then he threw this [Roaring] 20s thing on me, which I never understood. I never understood what that meant.
I contest this statement. The Cardigans were completely well-known at the time and it was a major coo to get them, and "Lovefool" is about as remembered today as Chumbawumba's "Tubthumping". Which, come to think of it, played in the credits intro during S8. ... God, I hated like every song that originally played during the credits of S8, lol. Glad they're gone. ... And, I'm personally glad they didn't bring on the Spice Girls.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

What can I say...thank you, Jason?

I don't have anything against the Spice Girls but I was never their fan either, lol. I'm just really glad they got The Cardigans to play..."Lovefool" was big to me as well
Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

I was a huuuge Spice Girls fan I wanted to be exactly like Emma, and I still have Spice Girs the movie
Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Oh, yeah. I totally knew who the Cardigans were and I sang along with them on the show when it aired. I think the Spice Girls would have overshadowed the whole episode, so I'm glad they weren't on. I'm not sure I ever understood the point of the '20s thing either, though. At least not in the context they provided with Bill Taylor throwing the party for Kelly.

Icon by Court
Old 02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

freaking ate my post.

Yup, them graduating was enough of a big deal to not be overshadowed. I always hated when the show did that, though, like in the S6 premiere. Promise me a good drama, not a good concert.

Maybe Jason enjoyed directing the Hippie episode enough that he wanted to take on more decades, at least in theme. Or the 20's motif was to give our now "adult" characters a more sophisticated feel/look. How this goes well with The Cardigans, I have no idea.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
New Fan

Hey everyone! I'm new to 90210 and this forum. I've been desperatly trying to ID a song from the show and I was hoping you guys could help me out

Last night I was watching the season 4 DVD. It was the Twenty Years Ago Today episode. There's a very 90s pop girl group song playing that I just love! It plays during the scene right after dylan and kelly show up at the walsh house and go outside for the party. I recorded it on my phone but I don't know how good the quality of the recording is.

Click here for clip

does anyone know that song?

Thanks in advance for trying!

Last edited by BevGB; 02-12-2010 at 09:55 PM
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

, BevGB! Welcome to the board.

It looks like your post went through but the thread was not bumped, which happens on rare occasion, so we couldn't see that you posted.

Unfortunately, we don't know the names of the DVD replacement songs because they are too obscure. Most are also not available on CD or online, so there's no use getting frustrated over google searches that don't turn up enough clues.

-

About the 1920's theme in the S7 finale, they justify it in the storyline by way of it being the supposed 75th anniversary of the first graduating class of C.U. Nice save, lol.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so happy right now. Someone found out the song that plays when Steve meets Laura for the first time and she's in the dance studio. It's "Freedom Dance" by Vanessa Williams.