Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where'd you hear that joke? LOL.

Kill me if I know Probably read it in some recaps or some forum.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
yulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Some audible lyrics are:

Show me your rock
What it takes to fall
When I think i'm going down
You catch my fall
That's it. Thanks Mel! Still no luck on my end either. I'm not an expert on the music from this period. All I can think of is the voice sounds a little Joan Jett to me.

Here's a link:
openingsong103.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited by thineownself; 08-16-2008 at 05:07 PM
thineownself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

NP,guys.

Yikes, Shanti! She really slurs her lyrics so it is difficult to find out what she is saying.

I have never heard that song before...what a doozy!

Icon Credit: Si_Crazy
Ruby_Slippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
Yikes, Shanti! She really slurs her lyrics so it is difficult to find out what she is saying.

I have never heard that song before...what a doozy!
Haha, really. It must be some obscure song or artist. Who knows? I've always liked it though.

Two things I wanted to note about 4.105 "The Time Has Come Today" I'm pretty sure "The Times They Are A-Changin'" is performed by Eddie Vedder on the show. Also wanted to add this one: "Woodstock" by Joni Mitchell.

So much music in that eppie!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Shanti! I added those.

Are you guys sure those are the lyrics? The last two lines sound about right but the first two-- she slurs her words so much I can't completely make out what she is saying.

Also can you figure out the chorus?

Old 08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
Thanks, Shanti! I added those.
My pleasure.

So nothing for 2.25 Summer Storm yet? I can offer one:
"I Don't Get Much Sleep Anymore" by Chris Luke

And there's the song that plays while Dylan cries in the cabana which I believe is by R.E.M.? I don't know the title though.

Quote:
Are you guys sure those are the lyrics? The last two lines sound about right but the first two-- she slurs her words so much I can't completely make out what she is saying.

Also can you figure out the chorus?
Yeah, it's frustrating b/c every time I listen I hear something a little different. This is the best deciphering I can do:

[Verse]
Tired of being a rock
With a chance to fall
When I think I'm going down
You catch my fall

[Bridge]
...I'll make it somehow...

I have nada on the chorus. Thanks for your effort Ruby!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! I'll have to update that a little later though.

I have a feeling it's from some underground musician that never released an album....cause boy is it difficult to figure out!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks! I'll have to update that a little later though.
hehe, sorry Ruby! At your leisure! Don't mind my enthusiasm. I know this is an ongoing project.

Last edited by thineownself; 08-17-2008 at 07:29 PM
Old 08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

It's okay. I was the smart one who didn't inlcude all the episodes so I have to redo the layout each time I add more eppies.

Anyways- I added it!

Still no luck on that song?

Old 08-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Heeey, so I went over S1 ... Here are some additions/small corrections.

1x01 needs:

"Motion of Love" by Gene Loves Jezebel

1x02 is currently listed as a duplication of 1x01's info. These were the "Green Room" songs:

"Surf City" by Jan and Dean
"Word to The Mutha!" by Bell Biv Devoe
"Monday, Monday" by The Mamas & The Papas

1x04

There are a bunch of "Hippychick" mixes out there. The one that plays is the 'Extended Vocal' one.

1x05

It's "Ooops Up" by Snap (3 o's ), not "Oops".

1x10

For "Lily Is Here", it's Candy Dulfer, not Brandy Dulfer.

1x11

Apparently, "Goddess" by Soho and "So Hard" by Pet Shop Boys play at Brenda and Brandon's house party. I've yet to check on this, though.

1x12

Kristin Datillo is listed for "Opposites Attract". Are we listing when the actors sing? Cause that's Melissa.

1x18, "It's Only A Test", needs:

"That's Just The Way It Is, Baby" by The Rembrandts

"April Is the Cruelest Month" is 1x19, not 1x18.

"Spring Dance" is 1x21, not 1x20.

And 1x21 needs:

"You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes

I haven't checked the episodes that don't have any songs listed, just came into some info.
playgroundDiaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Mel! I half-updated it. I got the music from an online list so there are probably a lot of mistakes. Let me know if you see any others.

Quote:
1x04

There are a bunch of "Hippychick" mixes out there. The one that plays is the 'Extended Vocal' one.
This episode came on tv today. I forgot how great "Hippychick" sounds when they are in the club. I guess I got used to the replacement dvd music. I really don't remember the band SoHo though. Were they big?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Just that song was big, for the most part. I've actually seen it referenced before by people writing about 90210 nostalgia. You know, like "Losing My Religion/Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover", but shipper-neutral. "Hippy Witch", as we learned from Brenda, was also a style back then, so ... connection? Funny how it went totally over my head at the time (I only know the song from watching the show so much), yet I remember "Word to The Mutha!" (Bel Biv Devoe) real well, which played only two episodes before. Same with "Joey" (Concrete Blonde) that same season. Seriously, I was just discovering pop music when this show came out.

I actually really like the DVD replacement of "HippieChick" too. I was so surprised. Same thing's happening with the replacement of "Work It Out" by Monie Love at Scott's party. Both songs are cool. Can't say that often, as you know.

Hey, does anyone focus right on that woman bopping with the red, curly hair while "HippieChick" plays in the club, 1x04? LOL. Once you zero in on an extra, it just becomes habit.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay a music thread!!

Thanks so much for this! I'm forever searching for great 90210 songs.

I have another correction for you tho

Season 3 Ep Highwire on the list it says "Venus" by Shocking Blue

it's "Venus" by Frankie Avalon

I was using this list to find songs before and when I heard the Shocking Blue version I was all "huh?!?! that's not it". Remember it's playing at the peach pit where Kelly comes in and they are all talking about the peeping Silver I remember the song because I loved it on that movie "She's Out Of Control" although for years I thought the guy was singing "ohhhh ggiiinnaaa" but it's "oh Veeennnnuuuss"
January174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that's right. And they're two totally different songs. You know, even though I've listened to oldies my whole life, there are some opening 90210 Peach Pit scenes that SMACK me right in the face when I play them sometimes. "Dream Baby" by Roy Orbison is one prime example. I always expect to hear Brandon, Dylan, and Steve talk about the SATs, and then for a con artist named Ginger to walk through. Actually, there's a song for that too. "Walk Right In" by The Rooftop Singers.

There are a ton of song name-to-episode/action similarities, actually. It's crazy! I'm starting to look very closely now and even stretching things cause, like, take even the "Venus" example above. Nikki had cited the Venus De Milo as a "famous nude" just a scene or two before in art class while Donna and Kelly were talking about David walking in on her in the shower.

"Mother In Law" by Ernie K-Doe playing in the ep that Iris first comes to town has got to be a fave, too.

Okay, I'll stop now.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

ohhh you just reminded me! It is that scene right when Nikki mentions the famous artist, and the teacher asks if anyone else knows any famous nudes and Donna goes "Kelly Taylor" That's when the song starts, now I can't remem if it goes straight from that scene to the peach pit? it might, but I can't be bothered checking my dvd right now
it's a completely different song on the dvd, it's only because I watched that episode like 30 times when I had it on tape years ago that it's burned into my brain

and don't stop Mel I love the oldies too, and I think it is in large part because of this show
Working in a Coal Mine by Lee Dorsey and I can't help but see Steve working at the Peach Pit

Oh another one I noticed on this list Earth Angel by the Penguins from The Little Fish, is this from the scene where Brenda/Dylan talking in the peach pit and they drive off in his car? I was watching the dvd and knew the song was different, and I remember specifically in the promo for this ep they showed that scene and had a very romantic old song playing. Funny thing is a few years ago when I was watching Back to the Future 1, I heard the "earth angel" song when the parents are dancing, have their first kiss, and just *loved* the song, was obsessed with it, and now I find out I probably heard it on 90210 first
January174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread