Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2016, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome, bbd!

Quote:
Possibly it's Spin Doctors - Jimmy Olsen's Blues
Yep, that's it. Love that opening sequence.

As for "Perfectly Perfect", I'm still waiting to figure out the song that originally played, cause it was amazing.

Ha, now we can hear the show in Russian.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:48 AM
bbd
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Welcome, bbd!

As for "Perfectly Perfect", I'm still waiting to figure out the song that originally played, cause it was amazing.

Ha, now we can hear the show in Russian.
Hi!

playgroundDiaries, I think "originally" means USA version, because I've seen 3 versions of the SHOW with 3 different Soundtracks & 3 different length:
1. USA DVD version: each episode=44-45min(many scenes with music & some dialogues deleted), OST #1 (for a few last years in runet does exist only this version - in English with Russian translation above)
2. German (or European, but it was in German) VHS version: each episode=47-48min(with all music scenes & dialogues), OST #2 (characterized from OST #1 & OST #3)
3. Hispanic VHS version: each episode=46min(some scenes were deleted), OST #3 (characterized from OST #1 & OST #2)
Also TVTropolis showed uncut version.
I've seen all these versions long ago, compared them, but now I can't remember what exactly songs were there. But I can can remember many deleted scenes. For example: in season 1st there was a scene where David was setting up the stereo system for a visit to school party & and dancing, there was Krush Perspective - Let's Get Together playing (I saw this scene only on VHS and 1 time on TV in 1993(in Russia only 1st uncut season & only once was translated on TV in 1993)) & also I can't find the scene when Brenda was playing in her hands with Donna at the afternoon on the beach in BHBC.
Only some songs between those OST were the same.

Once I tried an experiment: to create only 1 UNCUT episode, combined all the scenes from all versions & eventually I had 58min. length from 44min (of course, besides the missing scenes there was all 3 versions of OST. I could create 3 audio streams (with 1 audio stream for each OST))! I was shocked! Unfortunately, now it's impossible: my friends (the owners of more than 50% of that VHS) don't have it anymore, so am I.

Here is the sample of the 2 OST versions of Perfecly Perfect: http://www.fayloobmennik.net/6269920 (enter password: 12345, push the button, wait 10 seconds, click on the link)
and another one with different end credits: http://www.fayloobmennik.net/6271524 (I can try to find other differes of the versions & deleted scenes, but I'm sure that I can't find all of them(many rarities was deleted from the internet last years))

As for "Perfectly Perfect", if you'll be able could you try to recognize the song from the USA DVD version (1st part of the sample). 'Cause I really like it

Many Thanks to All of You!

P.S.: Tomorrow i'll go a different job & place for 2 or 3 months. And there's no internet there (some kind of rest from TV, internet & phone). But I'll Be Back!

Last edited by bbd; 06-02-2016 at 12:03 AM
Old 08-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

I just got this today will start watching asap.

I know the dvds change the music but is the opening theme still there?

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Old 10-01-2016, 10:20 AM
bbd
New Fan

Hi to all! I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren James (View Post)
I know the dvds change the music but is the opening theme still there?
Yes, The opening theme of all versions is the same.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back.

The theme song has different variations. But S1 is completely different.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:42 PM
bbd
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
Welcome back.

The theme song has different variations. But S1 is completely different.
I meant that the main music theme is the same (the difference only in arrangement).
Old 07-19-2017, 12:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Anyone know the New Jack Swing sounding hip hop song in Otherwise Engaged when Brandon/Dylan go to pick up his car in the beginning?
Old 07-19-2017, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

I need to check the episode but I'm normally the go-to man regarding New Jack Swing as I know many songs in that era...R+B/New Jack Swing is my thing
Old 07-19-2017, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I've been dying to know that one too.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm looking through that episode right now. I don't hear any New Jack Swing music. The 1st song playing after the credits is "Power of Love" and it's Brandon running to the gym so he can run into Lucinda.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

^ One of my favorite openings.

Oh, she actually means two episodes before that, "Moving Targets".
Old 07-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh ok. That makes more sense. Thanks Mel! I just watched the scene and I can't make out the lyrics at all.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

I'll look into Moving Targets, thanks Mel

I might figure out the song or the group.
The description of NJS with hip hop sounds points me towards people like Big Daddy Kane, Bell Biv Devoe, Wrecks N Effect, Father MC. I don't think it'll be the likes of Tevin Campbell, Guy, Al B Sure, Christopher Williams, Damian Dame or Boyz II Men.

It could be Troop, Portrait, Jade, Tyler Collins, Keith Sweat, TLC, H-Town, Jodeci, Mint Condition etc

Anyway, I'll look into this as I'm pretty familiar with artists in the NJS era
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

I've just heard the hip hop track in Moving Targets episode where Brandon and Dylan collect Dylan's car (went to the wrong place) early in the episode. I know the track but I can't picture who sang it.

I know it's not 2Pac, Fresh Prince, Kid N Play, Natt Dogg, Warren G, Snoop Dogg coz they have distinctive rap vocals. Definitely not the NWA bunch (Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Eazy E etc)
I thought it may be one of the groups: EPMD, 2 Live Crew, Naughty By Nature, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest but I don't think it is any of them.
It sounds more like the rapper Too Short but I don't think it is. I think he is one of them lesser known rappers from South Central I suspect