Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Q&A/messages for Matthew Rhys

Hi everyone,

Well it's happened I'm going to Edinburgh to see the movie The edge of Love...so I thought...well fingers crossed...that me and the others get to see Matthew......and here it is...let's start a topic for a Q&A...I can give it to him...and maybe I can get it back through my contact of Sarah Jane...you never know...at least we can try....

Or maybe you've got a message that you want me to give to him...

So place your questions here...or your message..or you can send it to me through PMing.

Let's say the end date is sunday...I know it's short but...I'm leaving on the 17th and my printer isn't working...so I can print everything out on monday at work!

Keep your message around A4 so I can put it in a folder....should be good to give him something.

Suzette

Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

WOW! I really have to think good about this one.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome! I'll have to think about it too.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Very exciting!! I'm going to have to think of some really good questions over the weekend.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I PM'ed you Suzette! on behalf of Rella too

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

These are the questions up to now....we def. need some more!

Quote:
xxx and I have been talking loads about sports and about Dave and you in the 6th Dutch/Belgian thread on fanforum.
Since Euro2008 has started, the topic has been on our mind a lot. Since England isn't participating this year, is there another team/country that you support now or one that has impressed you a lot?
Have you also infected any of your fellow cast mates from Brothers & Sisters with the football virus esp. Dave Annable?
Sincerely,
xx and xx from the Netherlands.

P.S. *cough* GOOOOOO HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND *cough*

Have you ever been to Poland?

What is it like to live in LA? Does living there make you feel like a celebrity?

Who from among famous American directors do you dream of working with? Maybe Ang Lee? Or James Ivory or Woody Allen? Or maybe Sofia Coppola?

What are your favorite movies?

If you could decide what you want Kevin to do or to be in the future; how would you like to see your character developping?

How do you want grow more as an actor? (if that's even possible )

What is a dream role for you/a role that you definitely want to play in the future?

What do you like more; an American or an European production

How did you get to be so cute!

What’s the biggest difference (either negative or positive) between a movie production and a TV production?

Would you like the play another role like Boyo? Cause I think that’s the best performance you have given up to now!

If you could choose…would you have chosen Scotty as your partner???
Thanks for the questions that you've already sent!

Suzette

Last edited by Suzikane; 06-15-2008 at 03:55 AM
Old 06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

So....I'm going to end this in about 3 hrs and 9 minutes...so please get your questions or messages to me in about that time!

Thanks again..

Suzette
Old 06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Revised list with the questions

Quote:
1. Marella and I have been talking loads about sports and about Dave and you in the 6th Dutch/Belgian thread on fanforum.

Since Euro2008 has started, the topic has been on our mind a lot. Since England isn't participating this year, is there another team/country that you support now or one that has impressed you a lot?

Have you also infected any of your fellow cast mates from Brothers & Sisters with the football virus esp. Dave Annable?

2. Have you ever been to Poland?

3. What is it like to live in LA? Does living there make you feel like a celebrity?

4. Who from among famous American directors do you dream of working with? Maybe Ang Lee? Or James Ivory or Woody Allen? Or maybe Sofia Coppola?

5. What are your favourite movies?

6. If you could decide what you want Kevin to do or to be in the future; how would you like to see your character developing?

7. How do you want grow more as an actor? (if that's even possible )

8. What is a dream role for you/a role that you definitely want to play in the future?

9. What do you like more; an American or an European production

10. What’s the biggest difference (either negative or positive) between a movie production and a TV production?

11. Would you like the play another role like Boyo? Cause I think that’s the best performance you have given up to now!

12. If you could choose…would you have chosen Scotty as your partner???

13. What is it like to be a patron to a charity that is organized by the parents of one of your best friends PA Blundell?

14. Your said about Fakers that you hate to dance. Would you turn down a script if it required a lot of dancing? Say, something like ... playing Gene Kelly in a movie about his life?

15. Would you ever let anyone talk you into using Botox? (God, I hope not! Cause I love the facial nuances!)

16. Was your opinion asked in the question whether Kevin should be with Scotty of Jason?

17. How difficult/strange/funny was it for you to do proposal scene?

18. Looking back: Which project/film/movie are you proudest of? And which one are you the least proud of or feel afterwards that you shouldn't have done it?

19. Were you aware at the start of B&S that Luke MacFarlane was gay? If yes, did it change how you played Kevin? If no, could it have influenced you in how to play Kevin? Because Kevin is different from Nob in Very Annie Mary or Peter in Love and other disasters, who themselves are not the same either. In how far is that your decision, to not play the same sort of character twice, or how much comes from the directors?

20. You seemed pleased that the "to and fro" with Scotty was over and that Kevin is in a committed relationship. How much input did you have in ending Kevin's commitment phobia and the idea that he would commit to Scotty (as opposed to another man)?

21. You and Luke have great chemistry/screen presence. Are your scenes together as fun to play as they are for us to watch?

22. We know that you are very close with Dave and Balthazar. Do you have a friendship (meaning a platonic one) with Luke off set as well, e.g. do you ever "hang out" together?

23. In his most recent "Out" interview, Greg Berlanti alluded to the idea that infidelity would not be a part of Kevin & Scotty's relationship. Has he shared anything with you that you can tell us?

24. When you were asked about Eric/Jason returning and possibly rekindling a "love triangle" you were fairly blunt in your reply that would not happen. Are you still fairly certain of this?

25. Given the Supreme Court ruling legalizing marriage for gay couples in California, have you heard of any plans for Kevin & Scotty to take advantage of this landmark ruling next season? Perhaps another, more formal, ceremony?

26. If you can remember, in "Missionary Imposition" you had a line about "Getting caught getting busy in a 1970's Ranchero." The following line was "As (something) as it is." We can't make out the (something) word. Do you remember what it was?
Suzette
Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

A message for Matthew

Quote:
"Hey Matthew,
We truly think you are a marvelous actor, you provide such great comedy and dramatic scenes, that we can't help but love you when you portray Kevin on Brothers & Sisters.

We are most amazed by how well you're able to hide your own accent, and how well you can do an American accent, so flawless. That has truly amazed us both, and we only admire you more for it.

We look forward to your future work!

Sincerely,
Marella and Karen

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oké peeps...we have another 30 minutes left!

Suzette
Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I'm sorry that I never got any questions in, but the ones you have are all perfect. Much better than anything I could have added. Hopefully this will work out. I'm very curious about what his answers will be!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I didn't add anything either, but I think the ones you chose are pretty great!