Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nora Walker/Rebecca Harper Appreciation #1: Because they share a unique bond

Anyone else enjoy watching these two together? I just really enjoy their scenes. Nora has truly opened her heart to welcome Rebecca into the family.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Yes I agree!!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by how2savealife (View Post)
Yes I agree!!
I was a little upset when Holly told Nora to send Rebecca home. I wanted her to stay with Nora! I think it's best for Holly/Rebecca too. There is less drama when Rebecca stays with Nora. And I just enjoy the Nora/Rebecca scenes ... I guess I'm selfish that way, lol! I want her to stick around the Walker house!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Absolutely! I very much agree that Nora has opened up her heart to Rebecca, and it seems that Rebecca is at least trying to do the same thing.

They are so great together. When the two get in a scene, it's almost like the show stops. I like the bond they have together where Nora is doing everything she can to be so genuine about wanting her as a real part of the family. And Rebecca is the real Rebecca around her. She isn't playing tricks or being fake. I don't know if she can around Nora. It's a really awkward bond right now, but they really do care for each other already.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
They are so great together. When the two get in a scene, it's almost like the show stops. I like the bond they have together where Nora is doing everything she can to be so genuine about wanting her as a real part of the family. And Rebecca is the real Rebecca around her. She isn't playing tricks or being fake. I don't know if she can around Nora. It's a really awkward bond right now, but they really do care for each other already.
Yeah. I like that Rebecca is just herself around Nora. I guess she tries too hard around her mother and it is stressful. Yet Nora is not her mother. So it's easier. Nora is also the main connection to her father, a man she didn't really know. I think that is part of what draws her to Nora. She wants to know about William and what it was like to grow up in that house with him and his family. He and Nora were supposedly the American dream, a life that Rebecca didn't have. It only makes me love Nora more that she wants her children to have a relationship with Rebecca and that she has allowed herself to actually like her and not hate her just because she is evidence of William's love for another woman.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah. I like that Rebecca is just herself around Nora. I guess she tries too hard around her mother and it is stressful. Yet Nora is not her mother. So it's easier. Nora is also the main connection to her father, a man she didn't really know. I think that is part of what draws her to Nora. She wants to know about William and what it was like to grow up in that house with him and his family. He and Nora were supposedly the American dream, a life that Rebecca didn't have. It only makes me love Nora more that she wants her children to have a relationship with Rebecca and that she has allowed herself to actually like her and not hate her just because she is evidence of William's love for another woman.
I've never thought about the William connection, that's a good point. I've thought it was Nora and her efforts to make Rebecca feel like one of her own that had Rebecca being herself, because she's opened up to both Nora and Justin who have done everything in their power to show a genuine desire to have her be a part of the family, but I really like that point too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

I love of how has taken Rebecca in. It must be very hard for her to look at this girl and know that she is the product of everything that has broken her heart

Old 06-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Nora is just such a wonderful person that Rebecca can't help but like her. And Nora is mature enough to see that Rebecca is the result of William's affair, not the cause. It isn't Rebecca's fault. She is the innocent party.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

I also think that Rebecca loves her mother, but at the same time there are parts of Holly that she does not like or relate too. It sems like Rebecca wants to be different than her mother (eventhough she's not that different) She has always wanted a normal family and siblings, so she probably sees Nora as the type of mother that she wanted.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
I also think that Rebecca loves her mother, but at the same time there are parts of Holly that she does not like or relate too. It sems like Rebecca wants to be different than her mother (eventhough she's not that different) She has always wanted a normal family and siblings, so she probably sees Nora as the type of mother that she wanted.
I think you're right. Nora was the faithful wife who stayed home with the kids. She knows her kids as well as she knows herself because they are her first priority. Not that Holly doesn't love Rebecca and didn't give her a decent life, but Nora is the ideal in Rebecca's mind.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad that Rebecca came to Nora after Justin left for the airport
Old 06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by how2savealife (View Post)
I'm so glad that Rebecca came to Nora after Justin left for the airport
Me too! I think she realized that had she not been able to say good-bye to him she would have been upset and she didn't want anyone else in the family to feel that way. She's really learning how to be part of a family.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

That was definitely right for Rebecca to have done. She would have been wrong not to even though Justin asked her not to.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
That was definitely right for Rebecca to have done. She would have been wrong not to even though Justin asked her not to.
And the whole family would have been SO mad too. Nora needed to say good-bye. Justin wanted to protect her but I think Rebecca knew that Nora needed to see him leave.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's safe to say that Justin will be fine, but they don't know that he will.