Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

My red carpet Experience in Edinburg at the World Premiere of The Edge of Love

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know...I've been able to give Matthew the giftbag..with pressies and your message/questions...but I'll let you know more about this later!

Suzette
Old 06-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

That's great! Can't wait to hear more.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

I wanna hear more
Old 06-20-2008, 04:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oké here we go...I'll do it in parts!

Part 1

Like I said before I never expected to go to Edinburgh to go and see the movie "The edge of Love" and even might meet up with the man himself. But if you don't try you don't win right...

I prepared myself for the trip..so I was carrying presents, photos...suitcase...and welpies..lol
Nadine also bought some goodies for Matthew but she will let you know in her "review" !

Nothing spectacular happened on the plane..so I won't bore you with that...but I got almost in a fight with the taxidriver...cause I called Edinburgh an english town...lol...I know...BIG mistake! But luckily I was near the Guesthouse so I could make my escape .

The Guesthouse was a great place...and it was really situated in a great spot...but we still ended up with grabbing taxis...as we were really tired and didn't want to get lost late at night.

On the first night I watched the game Italy and France like Marea told you....luckily there was a short re-cap of the dutch game after...and ofcourse the culture show with Matthew after that....!

Jeeze he was really serious in that interview...but really great! Was a good appetiser for the next day!
After the show I fell a sleep almost instantly!

Suzette
Old 06-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Part 2:

Breakfast was great...and I decided to take my yoghurt and wait outside of the guesthouse for Nadine's arrival. ± 1 hour later Nadine arrived...and it was great to finally meet up with her...and to put the name to the face aswell. We went up to our room...and exchanged gifts...( Nadine thanks for Nessie, The scottish dollie...and the shortbread). Then we were on our way to the filmhouse to pick up the tickets.

We had a warm lunch at Pizza hut...cause I thought we might not get anything to eat tonight so it's better to eat warm now instead of waiting till later....and ofcourse I was right...you'll see later.
After that we went back to Cineworld to find a good spot (at least we thought we would get a good spot)...and waited and waited...till I had a numb bum... !

Men were still working hard to put everything up...like sponsor things...and the redcarpet wasn't on the floor yet...so we were all in the dark at that point.

I was at that point really optomistic because there were no fans in sight...so I thought...woohoo...we'll be in the front row.... B) !

But later we all got a but of shock as we weren't allowed to stand behind the barriers...as there was only spots for the press :angry: (like Marea told).

OK off to get a drink...(photos are still uploading)..but the photos of the press are already there!

Part 3 is on his way!

Suzette
Quote:
Part 3:

But.....there was one spot still open...me and some other girls/ladies/gentlemen....were wondering if we could take that spot...but the security guard kept saying...it's for the press it's for the press...and suddenly another group of fans started running towards that spot...and we really got pXXX-ed off at the security guard...and we then decided to run aswell..so we did..but we never had a really good spot...

But...we squeezed our selfs in there...don't know how I did it...but I did end up with a place..where I could see at least something..as long as people didn't put their hands in the air... !

First Keira and Sienna....got to the press...and later Matthew did...and I kept on shouting Matthew...Matthew...but ofcourse no reaction as he was talking to the press...lol...(I had a blonde moment there )..but I was sooo desperate to get the bag (with gifts and the Q&A/Messages) to him...I kept holding it in the air...really got tired started to shake...as you're probably going to see in the videoclips that I made.

But he GOT the bag...and said Thank YOU..so everyone who send in a message a big THANK YOU from Matthew... I must say one lady helped me out with the shouting, she was a PRO-autograph hunter...and she said that this was the most terrible..and badly organized Red Carpet she had ever been to...!

Here's a photo of the red carpet....

and Matthew up close and personal...don't know what happened when I took this one

Part 4 will follow...

Suzette
These posts originated from another Brothers and Sisters Forum

Suzette
Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

No photos
Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great story Suzette and glad you could hand everything over to Matthew.

I just found out the culture show is a BBC2 show, but missed it on Tuesday and it's thankfully repeated tonight. I better set my DVD recorder for it too.

For some reason I can't see the pictures.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's strange cause i can???

Here's the link to the gallery Link

Suzette
Old 06-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Part 4:

After the bag exchange I decided to get out of the crowd....as Keira and Sienna still needed to go to the fans...so I thought...let's get out now

After Matthew went inside...I talked to one of the Pro-autographer hunters said that Matthew gave one of the best autographs...well done Matthew... ! Also one other said that the stars..sometimes go on the redcarpet...and leave the redcarpet and go back to their hotels..or do something else..... :o ! Never knew that....!

So we decided to stay outside and see if they would come out again, but they never did.
The lady said it might be best to go to the party instead of watching the movie. Maybe we should have a better shot at that redcarpet...like we did now.

Dilemma's Dilemma's..but we decided not to go.....so I gave her the cover of the dvd House of America to get it signed..(maybe she got it signed or she did not..but she got my card..so she can send it back to me). When we were inside of Cineworld...we went to the toilets to have a XXX and weren't we happy about that...Nadine... ! We warmed up a bit and got talking with 2 guys...and one of them wanted to ask Keira to marry him ...but I said you should have better dressed up...as he was still in his work-outfit .

Part 5 will follow!

Suzette
Old 06-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Part 5:

Some how we lost the two guys..so never know about the marriage proposal... ! What happened was that the first screening ended...and everyone important...left the cineworld...I guess to go to the party...! So me and Nadine waited together with a photographer for what was about to happen.

The photographer was really kind and gave us really good advice on what to do next...he told us not to in the theatre before everyone was already in....suddenly....Nadine...turned a shade of white.... she said...I just saw matthew going in to screen one..... :o !

So what was going on...the cast, director and writer..were going to every screen/room for an introduction of the movie.....so the photographer said to get matthew's attention..and not the assistans...bodyguards (well Keira and Sienna did) or whatever...and when he came out of Screen/room 2 I said...Matthew could we please have our picture taken with you...and he said sure...but first I have to go in here..but I'll be right back.....(thought I was about to faint.... ).

After their introduction....they all came out...and Matthew was the last one to come out...so we grabbed him...for a photo ...and I said that I came all the way from Holland....and then...still can't believe it he said...are you Suzette?....(suzi almost falling on the floor ). I said yeah I am...and than he grabbed (cuddled..how ever you want to call it )....and thanked me for all my hard work on the site..etc.etc. and then we kissed...(3 ofcourse...had a good excuse...lol...glad to be dutch )..and later I told him that he made my evening...as it was going to be my birthday in a few hours...and as he walked away he waved and said Happy Birthday....oh yeah...I also told him he was brilliant in House of America...and that it was one of my favourite movies...and he said...it's also mine...and then he said it premiered 12 years ago..at the filmfestival aswell...(don't know if I heard it correctly) at least I think that's what he said.

Well peeps...as you can imagine...my day couldn't get any better....so I went to the screen/room for the movie...it had already started....and I was sitting in the front row...but I didn't mind at all....

I thought the movie was brilliant...esp. the way it was filmed and ofcourse the way Matthew portrayed Dylan Thomas....I esp. loved the voice overs of Matthew...I must say...I loved the whole leadingcast...!

Nadine will tell you more about the introduction thingie...as I missed that as I was waiting outside..for Matthew to return....!

Last Part will come soon

Suzette
Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I prepared myself for the trip..so I was carrying presents, photos...suitcase...and welpies..lol
Classic!

Quote:
and I said that I came all the way from Holland....and then...still can't believe it he said...are you Suzette?....(suzi almost falling on the floor ). I said yeah I am...and than he grabbed (cuddled..how ever you want to call it )....and thanked me for all my hard work on the site..etc.etc. and then we kissed...(3 ofcourse...had a good excuse...lol...glad to be dutch )..
Its awesome that he knows you, and knows about the fansite! My love for Matthew is growing!

love the parts you've been posting btw! Thnx for sharing this awesome story!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, amazing story! Thanks for sharing. Great photos you have.
And congrats om him knowing about your website, that's so very very cool!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One picture has showed up.

Thanks for the link to the gallery, Suzette and the pictures are so awesome.

That he knows about your website is so awesome.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Elite Fan

Great story! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing, Suzette! How wonderful that Matthew knew who you are. He's amazing!