Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I mean, 1 year later, Kitty could be like, Robert who? But I have a feeling it'll be half/half maybe like how they handled Sarah's dating life...maybe.

kenny | credit
Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A 1-year-jump might not be such a bad idea. If they do that, I think they'd still be able to use the same Paige and Cooper, but they'd probably need a new Evan (and Elizabeth if she ever comes back)

But I'd kinda prefer they not jump ahead any more than 4-6 months
Old 06-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, I don't think they need a year to move the story along. Let's hope it's a good payoff. I don't think it was really necessary on some shows, especially Desperate Housewives where it was kinda cool in the first episode but by the time a few episodes aired, you didn't really notice it was 5 years later... The children grew up a bit, but that was it.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Isn't that the point? To do it so that the stories feel fresh and new, but not so that you're constantly reminded that all this time's passed?

I don't love the idea, but I don't hate it. I like Julie's idea of maybe six months instead.

I think they'd be able to keep Evan. He's already quite a big baby, and he'll probably grow in the filming gap anyways.

My biggest complaint would be missing Kevin and Scotty's baby being born.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Isn't that the point? To do it so that the stories feel fresh and new, but not so that you're constantly reminded that all this time's passed?
Yes, but very few of the DH storylines actually benefited from the time jump. It allowed them to break people up and feature storylines with the now-grown children but after a while you forgot the time jump even happened and most of the current storylines could have been done without it.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, from what I've heard, it sounds like it's for sure going to be a 1-year-jump. Let's hope they handle it well