Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

4x03 "Almost Normal" Episode Discussion

Kitty, Robert and Nora struggle to accept Kitty's cancer and to come to an agreement
on the best possible treatment, but as they prepare to share the news with the entire family,
a surprise visitor from afar makes the burden a bit easier to bear.

Writers: Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper-Landsman
Director: Michael Schultz

Enjoy!

Old 10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Those looks I'm sure this is going to be another heartbreaking episode. Amazing, but heartbreaking.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like this is going to be a funny/heartbreaking episode. But the show does it so well.

kenny | credit
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG. I know I gush about this show so much, but this is seriously one of the best episodes of the four seasons that this show has been on. Everything in this episode was just amazing, even the few minutes dedicated to the Holly/Ojai mess. I don't even know where to start...

Kevin's reaction was just like I thought it would be...I loved the moment he hugged Kitty. And it was just a typical Brother & Sister moment. You can just see how much he loves her and cares for her. I can't say how much I love that he was the first to find out from all her siblings. I knew it and I loved his reaction. I thought that figuring the whole baby thing out with Scottie was great as well. I was tired of the whole drama concerning the baby so I'm glad they're going to give that plot a rest...at least for a while.

I loved Justin's plot in this episode. I loved his little nerdy lab partner - loved that he was afraid of touching the dead body. Dave looked amazing in the blue scrubs. I loved Justin's reaction to finding out the body had pancreatic cancer. I loved that he brought his past experience in war. It was just an amazing moment. I also loved the moment he had with Rebecca. That's probably one of the only moments I actually felt something for them because I've been impartial to them for a while now. I loved that Rebecca decided to postpone the wedding with good reason. And Dave just rocked that scene with his teary eyes. My only complain with Justin this week is that he didn't give his sister a big ol' hug.

Oh, I loved that both Kevin and Saul were crying when Kitty called for that family meeting to tell them all that she had cancer. It was what I expected. I really can't wait to see Tommy. I really hope he at least shows up in one episode this season so we can see him with Kitty as well.

I loved Nora and Robert's little tea party. I really saw how these two really love Kitty so much and it was just LOVE. Even their little fights were entertaining. Both actors work really well with each other.

I loved the dinner thingy at the end...I loved that they all happened to pop up at Kitty's house. Adorable! The family dinner was what Kitty wanted but at the same time, you can't help but see the sadness and turmoil in Robert's face and Kitty's eyes. This might be one of the most amazing SLs this show has thought of. I felt like I was so against this whole Kitty/cancer SL, but it's actually giving us fans tons of amazing family moments.

Best moment of the episode has got to be Sarah knocking and Kitty seeing her. I just teared up because the whole episode I wishing that Sarah would appear and she did! Kitty needed her sister and she came through. I loved it. I missed them so much. I can't wait for next week. It definitely looks like we're going to get sisterly moments.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode!

I am loving and hating this Kitty cancer storyline at the same time. I hate that Kitty and the family have to go through this, but I love all the amazing drama that comes with a storyline like this

I am glad that Kitty is staying in California for treatment and it'll be interesting to see Kitty, Robert and Evan living with Nora

It was a great scene when Kevin confronted Kitty about her cancer and the one when Kevin and Saul both started crying and everyone else found out was great too I love how everyone then all started out at the dinner table and they all (one or two at a time) migrated into the kitchen until Kitty was left alone at the table and wandered into the kitchen as well

The Kevin/Scotty stuff was great as usual and I'm glad that they're going to wait a little while to even talk about the baby subject. But Scotty playing the baby crying on the computer was just hilarious

It great that we've been seeing Justin a little bit in medical school, but I hope they don't go too far in what all they show (I don't watch hospital shows for a reason and it was hard enough for me to handle the needle stuff in Kitty's scenes in the last couple episodes).

It was nice to see Ojai stuff that had nothing to do with Ryan (as well as an episode he didn't appear in )

Oh, yeah, and the Kitty/Rebecca wedding dresses scene was great. And it was great seeing Sarah back at the end.

The promo didn't really do anything for me, but it'll be nice to see the episode anyway
Old 10-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But Scotty playing the baby crying on the computer was just hilarious
That was gold. I loved that too. Scottie might be one of my fave characters on this show.

I too loved the scene with Kitty and Rebecca. Calista did a wonderful job in that scene showing all the emotions. I could totally read her and how she was trying to deny the truth about cancer. It's also a plus that she made me care about Rebecca.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! I have tons of classes today so I'll have to wait until later tonight to see it. Looking forward to it though!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was really good And I am for one glad to see Sarah back

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

This might possibly be one of those rare episodes where I actually didn't hate anyone.. except maybe Holly but that's just because she continued to be irrelevant. I even enjoyed the couples.

Nora continued to be the worlds most amazing mother. Sure she was being pushy assuming that she had a say in Kitty's treatment but from her point of view, Kitty was taking no action and Robert and Kitty hadn't been getting along. I think she was genuinely just concerned for her daughters welfare and as her mother, probably felt that she knew best.

Kitty continues to break my heart. Calista is doing amazingly and I can't wait to see how she handles everything. She wouldn't let the cancer define her and I was happy that she and Robert finally reached an understanding over his reaction to his heart attack which for me, was one of the biggest factors in their marital problems. She understands what it's like to face a life threatening illness now and he understands how hard it is to have an ill spouse. That should clear up a lot of their communication issues. Her final scene with Sarah was poignant. I had been waiting for her to breakdown all episode...

Kevin scene with Kitty was my favourite of the episode. Mathew Rhys captured Kevin's heartbroken confuzed face perfectly and you could really see the big sister/little brother dynamic. He kind of let me down at the dinner table when he got up and left though. I know it was his way of coping but I felt so bad for Kitty.

Justin's med school storyline was ok. It's not awful and it's nice to see him away from being Rebecca's boyfriend. I actually liked him and Rebecca a little tonight. The first scene was cheese and gave me a frightening premonition of how their wedding would play out but altogether I thought that were a little less selfish then usual. Rebecca asking if they were divorcing and Justin complaining about having class right before Kitty tried to make her announcement bugged but aybe it's a baby steps thing.

I felt two ways about Rebecca tonight. I think she's at her best when integrated with the Walkers. I enjoyed her scenes with Kitty but it disappointed me because it reminded me of the potential that was there for her as a Walker and how they never explored any of it. But on the other hand, I liked her scenes with Justin when around the Walkers because for once they seemed to recognise that the world wasn't about them.

Robert was my all time favourite tonight. He was brilliant and his support for Kitty was well overdue but fully welcomed. I finally felt reminded of why I absolutely adored Kitty and Robert as a couple in the first place. His scene in the kitchen with Nora was heartbreaking and I hoped that he would breakdown but to no alas. Maybe next time... Also I thought Rob was looking mighty fine.

Sarah arrived back just in the nick of time and I could think of no better person for Kitty to breakdown in front of...

Oh yeah Holly was there.... and there was wine. I honestly couldn't even tell you what that storyline was about.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

good ep , loved the robet/nora scenes , they both love kitty and are scared , it was gret to see robert being there for kitty , made me cry wen sarah turned up kitty looked so happy that he person was there , good ep and glad robert and kitty sorting it out
Old 10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh yeah Holly was there.... and there was wine. I honestly couldn't even tell you what that storyline was about.
I agree with most of your post, but this might be the one statement I agree with most. LOL. I really have no idea what happened with her and what went down with that other guy last night.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the best episodes
I loved everything & everyone
The last hug
RK will repair their marriage,I'm sure.
Robert & Nora made the night for me!
Kevin crying
Justin&Rebecca
I didn't really get all the business parts.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

This one was very powerful, especially the dinner scene.
I loved Kevin's reaction.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 AM
New Fan

An amazing episode!

A great episode which filled me with emothions I didn't even realize I have...
The opening scene was soo sweet, Justin is so sexy with his med studies. I really liked to see them get back on track as a normal stable couple again. As always, they made this episode perfect.

As for Kitty - I believe this year Calista is going straight to the Emmy. She acts amazing! I'm really happy to see Robert caring so much for her. It's been a while...

Justin and his lab partner had great scenes. It was interesting to see how Justin dealed with the body situation, so mature, how he developed from the first season...

I also liked Kevin and Scotty's scence but the scenes of them apart were great as well. Kevin and Kitty had an amazing moment, they acted so good at this scene!!! and it was cute to see Scotty sitting at the table alone with Kitty, not knowing what to say...

A great episode and it leaves a great taste for more!!!

And yayyy - the wedding is ON, soooo ON!!!!\