Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

3x22 "Julia" Episode Discussion

Out of patience waiting for Tommy to return home, Julia makes a life-changing decision about the future;
Robert discovers what Kitty has been keeping from him;
Holly & Sarah finally find balance in their relationship.

Well, this one's certainly surrounded in mystery... There are no promo pics available, and I couldn't even find the writer/director info!

Anyway, I hope it's a good one. Finally a Julia episode!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Finally, some Julia stuff! That banner is so pretty!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to see that there can be an episode about Julia without Tommy around
Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

What an episode!

- Oh Ryan, I hate you now. Working with Holly to take down Sarah Let's hope Rebecca doesn't fall for that BS.

- Julia leaving I mean, I knew that's where it was going. Without Tommy on the show, why keep Julia around? But, it was sad to see her go. Nice of the Walkers to really come together and help her out, especially Kevin with the money.

- Justin/Rebecca, back on good terms? It seems that way, according to the promo. I'm glad Justin let Rebecca speak about Ryan I thought he was going to start an unnecessary argument.

- Comparing Kitty to her father, interesting turn of events Indeed. Is it bad to say I like Alec, and am kinda done with KR Robert, I felt it was a little to late for all this crap he was spewing. This is something that was going on - and I knew she was distant, I was disappointed with him. The kiss on the swing - was kinda perfect given all the metaphors dropped through the ENTIRE episode.

kenny | credit
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

I am so mad they made me mad at Kitty. Robert's been a jerk for weeks so now the only thing left for the writers to do is turn the tables so people will feel bad for him. And I do feel bad for him which pisses me off even more.

I'm starting to really hate Ryan. He's creepy and weird. He just shows up and accepts the hospitality that Nora bestowed on him. Then he becomes a free-loader at Rebecca's. He's just quitting school to do what exactly? Get revenge? He's so immature. His problem is with William and he's dead so Ryan just needs to shove it.

Kudos to Justin for the female chickens line. Also, he's right about Ryan and I'm glad Rebecca finally realized it.

I can't believe Sarah got played by Holly that easily.

Kevin owns my heart as he does every week. Wish we could have seen more of Scotty though. Does anyone think that somehow Kevin will wind up getting Elizabeth someday? They've been foreshadowing it a lot.

The scene at the end with Nora and Saul hanging Tommy's clothes was touching.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode!

As I've said before in the Julia thread. I'm very sad to see her go, but her moving away is so much better than her staying in town and never being seen. And she's moving here to Seattle The dinner was great as was her goodbye to Scotty, who was the one (besides her husband) she seemed to be closest to since he was the only other "non-Robert non-Walker" in the family.

It was great to see Kevin worried about losing Elizabeth and wanting to help. And since Julia wants to tell her about Kevin being her father, he'll probably see them again soon.

The scene with Nora and Saul hanging up Tommy's clothes was really nice. And even though I don't want Tommy to come back to California any time soon, it's nice that they have a place for him ready for when/if he does

And I also like Alec more than Robert at this time. And, unless things really change, I'm not sure if I want Kitty/Robert to get past this. But it could be too late and I don't think it would be the end of the world if it really is. Although, the moment of realization for Robert in the park was great as was seeing him spending some time alone with Evan And the Kitty/Alec kiss was nice, too.

This whole Ryan thing is very interesting even though they're going the evil route with him And I'm just trying to figure out if by hiring him, Holly was wanting him on her side, wanting to get Rebecca a bit more power at the company, or both. But either way, I do think it's fair that since both Sarah and Holly run the place, that the Walkers/Harpers get the same deal (shares and voting rights)

Can't wait for next episode! Can't believe the season's almost over
Old 04-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just don't understand Kitty.. I know that her marriage has had some difficulty but she never talked about it since his heart issues... and in the ep she says it hurt her, the look on Robert's face, and she ends up kissing Alec. I don't understand anymore

loved the ep though

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I just don't understand Kitty.. I know that her marriage has had some difficulty but she never talked about it since his heart issues... and in the ep she says it hurt her, the look on Robert's face, and she ends up kissing Alec. I don't understand anymore
I totally agree, I don't know where the writers are going with this. I think they are just trying to create more drama with a couple that was once perfect.

When Robert had his heart attack, I admit my love for him slightly dropped as he was acting like a jerk and I really felt bad for Kitty, who was stuck taking care of both of them.

But once Robert improved and began to see that there was something wrong with his marriage- he made the effort to try to talk to Kitty and work things out. It was Kitty's chance to yell at him or just come out with all the things that were bothering her, but no, she runs to Alec.

I'm sorry, but now I am really disliking Kitty and I am starting to see that this is her nature. Season 1- she was engaged and she cheated on her fiance (Did everyone forget about this!?)

Now she is cheating on her husband! And she was mad at her father for having an illegitimate child?! Hypocrite!

The moment she got in that accident I thought she got a wake up call but the moment the truth came out, she runs off to Alec again.

I really hope the writers don't break these two up ( I don't think they will, I think this is a means to give them have an interesting story-line seeing as after the adoption they wouldn't have anything interesting to do). But if they do tear these two apart, than I will be angry because it seems every Walker is headed towards divorce. No one is happy in this family, and for once it would be nice to see someone happy (besides Kevin).

Vote NCIS!!!

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode!
Ryan is so creepy and I'm glad Rebecca is starting to notice!
I felt bad for Robert,and I hope the writers will work things out with these two!
I loved Kev and his fatherhood storyline,very well done
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlize_angel4 (View Post)
I totally agree, I don't know where the writers are going with this. I think they are just trying to create more drama with a couple that was once perfect.

When Robert had his heart attack, I admit my love for him slightly dropped as he was acting like a jerk and I really felt bad for Kitty, who was stuck taking care of both of them.

But once Robert improved and began to see that there was something wrong with his marriage- he made the effort to try to talk to Kitty and work things out. It was Kitty's chance to yell at him or just come out with all the things that were bothering her, but no, she runs to Alec.

I'm sorry, but now I am really disliking Kitty and I am starting to see that this is her nature. Season 1- she was engaged and she cheated on her fiance (Did everyone forget about this!?)

Now she is cheating on her husband! And she was mad at her father for having an illegitimate child?! Hypocrite!

The moment she got in that accident I thought she got a wake up call but the moment the truth came out, she runs off to Alec again.

I really hope the writers don't break these two up ( I don't think they will, I think this is a means to give them have an interesting story-line seeing as after the adoption they wouldn't have anything interesting to do). But if they do tear these two apart, than I will be angry because it seems every Walker is headed towards divorce. No one is happy in this family, and for once it would be nice to see someone happy (besides Kevin).

Vote NCIS!!!
Pretty much said it all for me. I've always loved Robert and I know he was being a jerk after and even a bit before his heart attack but I can't stand what Kitty's doing. Robert's been trying to connect with her and fix things and she goes off and first has an emotional affair and now a physical one. I thought the car accident would be a wake up call to go back to her husband and work things out but it seems to have made her "love" Alec more. I was completely heart broken when Robert saw Alec in the park and connected the dots and when he asked Kitty back at home if she loved him. The look on his face.

that Rebecca isn't blinded by Ryan anymore. So glad that Ryan thinks he can trust her enough to tell her how truly devious, conniving and greasy/grimy he really is. And I love that Rebecca went straight to Justin with her revelation.

Julia was amazing in this episode. First off she looked gorgeous. And I loved her toast to the Walkers and well just everything about her in the episode. I understand why she's leaving, I just don't want it to be the last time we see her. The least scene with her and Kevin was brilliant. I couldn't stop crying.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

OMFG guys, I hated this episode. I didn't hate all the individual stuff but the Kitty/Parkguy crap ruined it for me completely. It also ruined Kitty for me too.

NORA: Glad she tried to help Sarah. I can't even begin to imagine how disappointed she is in Tommy but keeping his room open for him was sweet. Naive but sweet.

SARAH: I loved her line to Holly, "Well it's a family business what can I say?". I've been waiting for that to be said since Holly took over. I thought her entire attitude to Holly was quite amusing, she was cheeky. I like her knew attitude of never allowing Holly to annoy her. I don't think for a minute that Holly's evil scheme will work

KITTY: Ugh, ugh, EUGH! I can't believe that she's just throwing her marriage away like that, and for what?? A fling? A new love? WTF are they? Kitty's in love with him now? It's all just so selfish on her behalf. But I think Sarah made a good point with her "whenever someone lets Kitty down she goes looking for the next shiny thing". I don't care how frustrating Robert was in previous episodes, he never had an affair. The part that made me really sick and turned me off even trying to excuse Kitty was when Robert found out, she saw how hurt he was, she knew that he'd even be willing to let it go if she made a decision and what did she do? She goes to Parkguys house and initiates an affair. And then the whisper of "What're we gonna do?" like they're some epic romance instead of just two sneaky and selfish adults who want to take the easy way out. I don't care what anyone says, they're not love. This guy represents the doting family ideal that Kitty wants in Robert, he makes her feel pretty. When they talk it's not the intense, funny banter that Kitty and Robert once shared. Instead they've the kind of relationship that consists of stolen looks, constant reassurance that they're doing nothing wrong and telling each other how somethings missing in their life while looking at each ther "meaningfully!. It's an affair and it's obvious that if they got the chance to properly be together then the stolen looks would be gone plus the quick reassurnces thus the basis of their entire relationship would fizzle.

What does this mean, is Rob gone and Parkguy in?? He doesn't have he chemistry or the staying power to survive in the show especially amongst the Walkers. He doesn't have the same charisma or impact as Rob. I've been calling him Parkguy throughout my rant. I can't even remember his name, thats how much impact he's had on me.

Rant over!

KEVIN: That whole Elizabeth storyline will defo be revisited.

JUSTIN: Didn't really do much tonight.

REBECCA: At least she's over the whole friendship.

RYAN: So, so so bitter.

HOLLY: Absolute venom.

ROBERT: Does not deseve this

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can anyone tell me, what was the song that played during the coda?
ICON
Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

big rant Chastidy

What I don't understand is what Kitty does the next ep.. (if you've seen the promo you know what I mean!) and why doesn't she even think about Evan and how this would effect him?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What I don't understand is what Kitty does the next ep.. (if you've seen the promo you know what I mean!) and why doesn't she even think about Evan and how this would effect him?
Because she's a very selfish woman and that's been made very evident in the last few episodes.

What promo? (I was going on assumption for above)

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

the promo for next week's episode.