Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

3x11 "A Father Dreams" Episode Discussion

"A Father Dreams"

Elizabeth's illness and her uncle's sacrifice cause a volatile and emotional confrontation between
Kevin and Tommy that could make or break their relationship as brothers. Meanwhile, Saul
reintroduces a high school crush to Nora, and Justin finally decides to leave the nest.

Writers: Jennifer Levin and Michael Foley
Director: Tom Amandes

Air Date: Jan 4th

Promo // Promo Pics

Sneak Peeks:
#1 #2 #3

Finally a new episode!

Enjoy!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Tom Amandes is directing? Oh wow! That's awesome.

kenny | credit
Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Should I know who that is, Ken? :embarrassed:

Sounds like a really interesting ep! More Kevin and Tommy drama, a new Nora love interest.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

If you were an Everwood fan, he played Dr. Harold Abbott, and he was Emily Van Camp's father on the show.

kenny | credit
Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I had no idea! That's cool!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Those promo pictures with Kevin and Julia are slightly upsetting That's got to be some paranoid dream that Tommy has, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
If you were an Everwood fan, he played Dr. Harold Abbott, and he was Emily Van Camp's father on the show.
Oh, I wouldn't have connected the name. That's really cool.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never thought they could be Tommy's dreams I just assumed that they were Kevin's dreams influenced by the meds he's taking after the surgery
Old 01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_ice_baby (View Post)
I never thought they could be Tommy's dreams I just assumed that they were Kevin's dreams influenced by the meds he's taking after the surgery
That could make sense too. It's either got to be Tommy worrying that Kevin will take over his life, or Kevin being scared about taking over Tommy's life. Either way it's going to be quite awkward and funny to watch Kevin and Julia making out.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I know. My mom and I practically screamed when we saw the promo
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

What a wonderful episode!

Scotty clashing with Nora was hilarious!

The dreams were fun. The Julia make-out was a bit Shocking!

I'm glad Justin is turning his life around. But, I missed Rebecca.

kenny | credit
Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Great to see a new episode airing this Sunday, I've missed this show!

Loved the episode. Kevin's dream sequences were amusing and interesting, thought the last one was pretty sweet. It would be great to see him and Scotty have children in the future, you can tell he'd make a great father. That scene when he's holding Elizabeth and talking to her at the end just shows that.

Norah was being overbearing with Kevin as usual and the expected clashing with Scotty resulted. But that scene where she's in the pantry and breaking down in tears and admitting to hating the insecure women she used to be 30 years ago, that showcased Sally Field's acting talent, I think.

Justin's public humiliation in front of Cooper's class was amusing, but aww, you couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I'm glad the siblings decided to step in and give him a "career intervention" cause he needed that push.

Favourite scene: Kevin making his escape out of the house and then asking Justin to help him flee.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to watch it tonight!
Lots of studying to do in the meantime.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Good luck with your studying!

I loved this episode. Great scenes with Nora (especially the pantry one) and nice to see Justin in a storyline without Rebecca. Hoping they will develop it some more.

I also liked the way Scotty acted in this one. Loved that in the last few episodes he's much more connected to the rest of the family. And oh, Kevin's dreams (although the Julia & Kevin one was kinda weird to watch). Also nice to see the Kevin/Tommy - biological father storyline being kinda resolved in this one. And aww, the thought of Kevin and Scotty having children in the future.

Next episode looks great as well!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Such great comments!

The problem with B&S being on Sunday night is that all my procrastination finally catches up to me on Sunday nights and I need to study. I'll be watching tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed this episode a lot, one of my faves this season!

- Nora/Scotty stuff was priceless! I love that she left him that drunken apology, it sounded so hilarious!

- NORA/SAUL. I love those two interacting (and drinking for that matter). I like that she opened up to him about that guy and that they're finally talking about his love life. We haven't seen much of Saul recently.

- I was surprised by my indifference towards lack of Rebecca and Holly. Don't get me wrong, Rebecca is great and all but... I didn't miss her at all.

- I couldn't decide if I found the dreams annoying or amusing. I loved Kevin's reaction to Julia though!

- Aww @ Kevin/Scotty baby talk. As I've said before, I despise baby storylines on tv shows but it was a really nice moment and I'd like to see them go there at some point, or at least in the series finale.

- Poor Sarah didn't have much to do but Rachel did her best with the material. I like that we've seen a bit more of Rachel/Justin interaction, we never really got much of that before.

- I love that Justin is finally changing his lifestyle. I think this might be a very interesting thing to explore, and I'm curious about Rebecca's reaction - is he going to move in with her?