Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

3x10 "Just a Sliver" Episode Discussion

Episode 3x10 "Just a Sliver"

The Walkers encounter some scheduling conflicts on Thanksgiving, leaving Nora and Sarah to celebrate alone, until Elizabeth endures a medical emergency that brings the family together.

Writers: David Marshall Grant and Molly Newman
Director: Michael Schultz

Promo // Promo Pics

Wow! Looks really sad and dramatic! And it's a Thanksgiving episode, even if it's a few weeks late

Enjoy,
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this up, Katie! Can't wait to see it!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

My first Brothers & Sisters episode I watch and it already almost made me cry. I'll def... Keep watching and try to catch up with the seasons.

If had a daughter that was about to go into surgery I'd be yelling at my mom, too.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode!

I think it was good that the siblings (except Sarah) made their own Thanksgiving plans, since they pretty much have always had Thanksgiving together (except maybe when Justin was in the war the first time and when Kitty lived in NY). But I do think that it was great that they had Thanksgiving together at the end at the hospital.

Poor Elizabeth! The little sweetie barely survived being born prematurely and now something going on with her liver. But at least something was able to be done.

And ever since my mom and I first saw the episode when both Kevin and Justin donated to help Tommy and Julia have a baby, we wanted Kevin to be the father, and he is! And since Scotty was the one who told him he should help his brother out in the first place, we knew that he wouldn't have much problem with knowing that Kevin is the father. But, of course, he was concerned about Kevin having to go into surgery. But that was a really sweet scene with the two of them in the night before the surgery! And Kevin holding Scotty at the end of the scene was kinda a reverse of Scotty holding Kevin after the work dinner Kevin went to pretending to be straight. So sweet!

It was a nice talk that Tommy and Kitty had since she kinda has the "female version" of what he has as far as them not being able to have their own kids. So she knew pretty much exactly what he was going through. And it's great that this has kinda brought Tommy and Kevin to end this dislike for each other that's been going on all season.

Thought that the Nora/Saul and Holly/Rebecca scenes were nice. And as I said before, a really nice end scene with all of them having Thanksgiving at the hospital.

And the promo for next month's episode Was that Kevin and Julia kissing?!?!?! It sure looked like it.

PS: I know I haven't done any episode reviews for over a month, but I'm planning to go back and do reviews for those episodes when I have the time.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Loyal Fan

^^I don't think I could add anything to that.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't managed to watch it yet... Hopefully I'll have enough time tonight. I'll be back with thoughts!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love it
Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode and was such a wonderful episode

I absolute love the ending!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

It was great, I loved everything about it!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow, what a great episode!! It was amazing! I loved the way Kevin and Tommy finally put an end to their feud! It felt right and not rushed. I'm liking Tommy much more now, since about last week .. and this week he just got better. I'm liking the direction he's taking. And I felt sorry for him in this epi.

Poor Elizabeth. She's so young and has already gone through so much. I loved how Kevin just did the surgery as if it was nothing and was pretty relaxed about it, at least on the surface. He really showed how a great person he is. Also, Scotty being nervous for him was so sweet and their scene the night before was so cute.

I love how Robert showed up at the end to be with Kitty, even if he had a house full of relatives. I really like this Robert and I would like to see him more.

Kitty and Tommy's conversation was great. And I'm glad that the writers tied this SL with Elizabeth being sick and the fact that Tommy is not her biological father with Kitty's struggle to have a baby and how it makes her feel that she can't have one.

I absolutely loved the beginning of the epi!! It was HILARIOUS. How everyone was going away for thanksgiving and no one wanted to tell Nora. And it envolved a classic Walker phone conversation. The moment where Nora walks in and they were all sitting at the kitchen table next to each other like grounded children was very funny. And the short stick ..

And finally, the end scene .. Thanksgiving dinner at the hospital with everyone .. Amazing. A really great way to go into hiatus. I have to say that these writers never disappoint. (*forgets Lena and Holly*)

Last edited by JLarah; 12-11-2008 at 04:14 PM
Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

I just watched this last night because I had no time to see it on Sunday.

Fantastic thanksgiving-themed episode! This new season has just been giving us one excellent episode after the next, but this one may definately rank into my top favourite spot.

~ I love how the Walker siblings (minus Sarah) were all plotting to go away for Thanksgiving, decided to break the news to Nora as a group, Kitty picking the short stick, all of them running back into the kitchen trying to look innocent when they saw Nora was heading inside, then Sarah throwing the groceries at her siblings. Basically that ENTIRE scene was hilarious and just such a classic Walker moment.

~ Tommy and Kevin finally patched things up!

~ The Thanksgiving dinner at the hospital at the end. I didn't care much for the cheesy music that the episode closed off on, but that dinner scene was pretty great.

That about sums up all that I can recall clearly from that episode right now. Love the picture you posted in the intro, Katie, saving that.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

So does this mean there wont be a Christmas episode?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
So does this mean there wont be a Christmas episode?
Nope. The show won't be back with new episodes until January 11th.

Quote:
I didn't care much for the cheesy music that the episode closed off on, but that dinner scene was pretty great.
ITA. That's always been one of my pet peeves with this show. The music is just way too cheesy or over-the-top sometimes. I think many scenes would be better without the music or with just some simple orchestrated background music.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the next new episode's gonna be on the 4th.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_ice_baby (View Post)
I thought the next new episode's gonna be on the 4th.
My mistake . You're right. It is the 4th.