Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

3x09 "Unfinished Business" Episode Discussion

Nora recruits the family to deconstruct her new charity money pit; Kitty and Robert take a giant but
overwhelming step forward in the adoption process; Sarah takes a big risk and eats crow with her new
business partners; and Holly drives Tommy to his limit when she offers Rebecca a high level executive
position at the winery without consulting him.

Writers: Jason Wilborn & Nancy Won
Director: Michael Morris

Promo // Promo Pics

Sneak Peeks:
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Finally a new episode! Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I am really excited about this episode. Especially to see how it is going to play out between Holly and Tommy. Things are coming to a head there.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I've been waiting to see a Tommy/Holly showdown since s1!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Oooo. A tommy/holly fight. Sounds like good stuff!

Only a few more hours
Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Another great episode!

Loved...
Kitty's little motivational speech to Nora...and then the roof/wall collapses.
The fact that Nora tricked the guys into "touring" the house and then sprung the family-demolition-plan on them.
Tommy deciding to team up with Saul to take action against Holly.
Kitty and Robert finally getting the chance to adopt a baby again.

Didn't like...
The fact that Holly thought it was perfectly acceptable to offer Rebecca a position and Saul's former office when Tommy had to fire Kevin due to financial troubles at the company.

Couldn't care too much about...
Graham being back in the episode and the whole romantic situation between him and Sarah. I never really cared much for the pairing last season, so I was still "meh" on him returning in this episode.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Unfinished business? More like a tangled web! Oy. This episode was so complicated I don't know where to beging. I guess I will start with Holly. I love her. I really do. She is that character you just love to hate. Tonight, for the first time, I growled at her through the television screen. Could she be any more stupid? Sorry, I hope you don't think I am trashing her character, I'm not. I'm just saying that she is too comfortable in her position and she is starting to make stupid choices because of it. After seeing the meeting between Tommy and Saul, which had a total God Father feel to it , I have a feeling she is going to regret giving her darling daughter a giant boost up the corporate ladder. I would feel sorry for Rebecca getting tangled in this, but she was the one dense enough to take the position. Totally do not think it was offered out of hte kindess of Holly's heart either. She has an ulterior motive and Rebecca is going to be the one to suffer because of it. As I said though, Rebecca knows Holly and she is being so blinded by the office and title that she isn't seeing clearly. Oy, oy, oy.

Kitty and Trish was amazing. Totally amazing. I thought Trish a fool for not upholding the decision to let them adopt. Kitty was right to ask those questions. She had a right to them. Just like Trish had the need to think them over and make the decision that was right for her. All in all I think it was just, well....right!

I am so sick of Sarah being an idiot over Graham. The man destroyed her family company. She doesn't need to lower herself to having sex with him simply because she wants a little action. ARGH!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I would feel sorry for Rebecca getting tangled in this, but she was the one dense enough to take the position. Totally do not think it was offered out of hte kindess of Holly's heart either. She has an ulterior motive and Rebecca is going to be the one to suffer because of it. As I said though, Rebecca knows Holly and she is being so blinded by the office and title that she isn't seeing clearly. Oy, oy, oy.
Yeah, after everything Rebecca has been through with her mom, you'd think she'd know better. But she keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. She never seemed like the overly naive type to me before, but she really seemed that way in this episode. I mean, even if she did think she could do the job and be good at it and enjoy it, she always seemed like the kind of person who would rather earn something than just be handed it on a silver platter, which I thought was perfectly demonstrated when she gave her potential million-dollar inheritance away to Nora. I really feel like the writers only did this to complicate things with Tommy and Holly without any real consideration to the character of Rebecca.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
Yeah, after everything Rebecca has been through with her mom, you'd think she'd know better. But she keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. She never seemed like the overly naive type to me before, but she really seemed that way in this episode. I mean, even if she did think she could do the job and be good at it and enjoy it, she always seemed like the kind of person who would rather earn something than just be handed it on a silver platter, which I thought was perfectly demonstrated when she gave her potential million-dollar inheritance away to Nora. I really feel like the writers only did this to complicate things with Tommy and Holly without any real consideration to the character of Rebecca.
I don't think they (the writers) would do that. For the most part this show is well thought out and everything is calculated. They never do anything without reason. I think that when it comes to Holly Rebecca can be very naive. She wants a relationship with her, and in her need to get one she momentarily forgets the things her mother has done. It isn't all the unusual, really. A lot of people do this with people they love. They want to believe there is good in the person they love. So, they overlook the negative. Happens all the time.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Her relationship with her mom aside, I still think it was out of character for her to take the job. Unless she's desperate for money, I don't see why she would accept something that she obviously hasn't earned. Her giving away her inheritance was a perfect example of that and this seems to completely contradict that gesture.

Also, this whole interest in advertising seems to have come completely out of nowhere. One sit-in during a meeting and a single compliment from a client and she's suddenly ready to embark on a whole new career? It was only a season ago that she was ready to pursue a career in photography. It all just seems a bit contrived to me.

That aside, I did enjoy most of the episode. I like Sarah's storyline with the two younger guys and I'm kinda digging vengeful Saul.

Next week looks like a really emotional episode. Can't wait.

Last edited by GreyEyes; 11-30-2008 at 10:43 PM
Old 12-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Ah, but you can't seperate the issue from Holly. There is no way to seperate it from her. Not now. Holly created the job for Rebecca. And it is in character for her to hope on any chance to please her mother. We have seen it time and again. She has moments of not caring what Holly thinks, usually after something has gone sour.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't get the feeling Rebecca took the job to please Holly. There was nothing in thier conversations that made me feel that way. It seems to me that she took it simply because she wanted it. I don't think there was anything more to it than that. Besides, Rebecca has never done anything that I can remember just to please her mother. She's always seemed to do her own thing.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this one a lot!

Looks like Tommy is finally coming to his senses!

And yeah, I also think Rebecca took the job because she really wanted it, she seemed very excited about it, and obviously didn't think of the possible consequences.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I still think it is going to boil down to her taking it in an attempt to be a part of something with her mother. She has never had a good relationship with her, but lately they have been trying and I think that is a good part of why she took it. Just a hunch is all...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad everyone's loving the episode I was busy Sunday night, and haven't gotten to see it yet Tomorrow hopefully I'll have a big review to post.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved this episode, Kitty & Robert are finally getting a chance to adopt that baby. My favorite ship can be happy?!

I can not count how many time that I wanted to slap Holly, but I think it was about 5 times in this episode. Who does she think she is coming in a changing a business that she does NOT own?. Gees, I hope she gets what's coming to her in this next episode. Go Tommy and Saul!

Over all, I really liked this episode and I can't wait to see Holly get the boot from that office and business.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga