Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

3x08 "Going Once... Going Twice" Episode Discussion

Kevin overcompensates for his recent pay cut by snatching Nora's dream house out from under her
as a gift to Scotty. Meanwhile Justin cooks up a plan to set Saul up with an unlikely candidate for a date.

Writers: Beth Schwartz & Brian Studler
Director: Karen Gaviola

Promo // Promo Pics

Sneak Peeks:
#1 #2 #3 #4

(careful, spoilery!)

Enjoy the episode & don't forget to come back and discuss!
We've got to make up for the lost week!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Love the banner with my two fave couples!

I will make sure to watch and post all about my thoughts to make up for the unfortunate mistake of last week.

kenny | credit
Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Looks like a Walker family dinner in the pic. Those are always fun
Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Walker family dinners are insane. Whenever one is announced, you know something's going down. Hahaha.

Kevin and Scotty were adorable this episode. Even their fights make me want to *smish* them.

Oh, Justin. Trying to set Saul up on a date. He had to know it would end badly... But yay for Saul actually seeing someone! I hope we get to meet him soon

I'm also anxious to see Nora's new venture with the house and such. Next week looks like a hoot
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I just watched the episode. I loved it. You can never go wrong with a big Walker family dinner.

Kevin/Scotty were insanely cute. I found my self squeeing at most of their scenes. They're adorable and I loved their SL - how they fought but then managed to reach a common ground and make up. I think the writers are doing a great job with them. I love that even though Scotty is not in all episodes, when he is, they have a great SL. I also loved how Sarah (and everyone) wanted to celebrate Scotty's success. He really is a part of the family.

Kitty - I felt so sad for her in the last episode when she lost her chance at getting Trish's baby and her depression in this episode, by having her staying up late watching charity programs and spanish soap operas () was really well done. I loved the classical phone scene (Family dinner and phone scene in the same one episode? That's a win) and how everybody was trying to help Kitty out. I'm curious about what was the spandex debacle lol .. did they ever explain it? Anyway, I liked that Tommy was the one to get her out of her depression after that incident, it make me like him a little more, even though his way of doing it was not really the most selfless . Sarah getting annoyed at Kitty was hilarious. But my absolute favorite scene was the last Sarah/Kitty one. I loved when Kitty asked for a hug and they hugged for so long and told each other ILY. I think it was a great sister moment. I love their relationship. And "more hugging less talking" was funny.

Justin/Saul/Paul - Paul was hilariously annoying. I loved how he was getting on everyone's nerves. But Justin was sweet in trying to set his uncle up. He had good intentions, even if it was obvious that it would be a disaster. I'm glad Saul he's seeing some though. He really seems to be lacking something to do on the show. On a side note, when Saul came up to Justin in the kitchen saying "we need to talk, Justin", I totally had a Arvin Sloane flashback and got scared for a second.

Nora - I felt bad for her when Kevin undermined her and bought the house for him, which made her feel powerless just like William used to make her feel. But somehow I felt that her breakdown at dinner was a little over the top. I love Nora and I always feel she's right in every one of her rants, but somehow this time it came a little out of nowhere. I knew she was mad, but not enough mad to start yelling at the middle of dinner. But maybe I have to watch it again... But aside from that, I understand how she was feeling and I love how she and Kevin made up at the end.

Little notes:
- Tommy went solo to the dinner? Poor Julia... now, not even at family dinners she appears on screen. lol
- Holly gets on my nerves. (I have to admit the actress doesn't help either .. there I said it. I tried to hold on as long as I could. )
- There wasn't much of JR. They've had a lot of focus in the last episodes, so I think it was time for an episode light on them, although I find them cuter and cuter.
- I loved that Robert's kids sent Kitty a postcard. I hope we get to see them soon again. I loved little Jack. Also, I was expecting some comment from Robert on Obama's victory
- I love that Kitty/Robert are having a baby (soon or later), but I wish we could see them more as a married couple.
- On a shallow note: the men of this show looked specially hot tonight.

I think it's all. Great episode. Better than the last two which were good nonetheless.

Last edited by JLarah; 11-17-2008 at 12:35 PM
Old 11-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the episode a lot!

Everyone's reactions to Saul's date were hilarious, especially Nora's.
Kevin/Scotty were fun as well.
Also loved the Sarah/Kitty stuff!

I didn't even notice Julia was MIA.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Have to love those Walker family dinners. They are anything but boring. This one was up to duff on that account. I have more to say but not right now. Will either edit later or post again...
Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

First off, any episode with a classic Walker family phone tree is going to be awesome

The highlight of the episode was definitely K/S. It was so nice to see everyone coming out to support Scotty. And the problems they were going through with dealing with success was so real.

It was nice to see more of the Nora/Kevin relationship. I love the two of them. And it was different to see Kevin being compared to William, since it's usually Tommy and Justin.

I just feel awful for Kitty. It was nice that the Walkers wanted to distract her, but they should have done it in a better way. The last scene with Kitty and Sarah was amazing, though.

Paul was so annoying. I actually cringed whenever he came on. Poor saul. But I'm so excited to see the guy he's dating now That secret has got to come out soon. It is the Walkers, after all.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

You know, I have always though Kevin was the most like his father. Not in the obvious way, you understand, but in the underlying way that hits you square in the face when you least expect it. He thrives on success, so long as it is his own. He is all for progress, so long as it benefits him. I don't know that he sees these things about himself, but they are there IMO.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Best. Episode. Ever.

Seriously... give Scotty/Kevin almost a whole episode, and this is what happens? Uhm, can they do this every week?

kenny | credit
Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

I agree! I certainly care more about K/S than adoption storylines and Tommy's latest issues!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree the walkers never dissapoint when they all get together,those dinners are always halarious. I really like Kevin and Scottie too they are so cute together.
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

I loved the speaker phone conversation at the beginning. Classic Walker moment, all of them jumping into each other's business and getting trying to come up with ways to help Kitty. [Speaking of, I am still curious about the "spandex incident".]

The whole setting up Saul with Paul situation was hilarious, and just how apalled/amused everyone seemed to be with Paul.

I love Kevin/Scotty's scenes, those who are the most adorable couple on the show. Also thought it was really sweet of Sarah and the whole family to be supporting Scotty's promotion. Especially when Scotty's own family doesn't really seem to care what goes on in his life.

I understand Nora was mad about Kevin getting his dream house while she ended up with nothing from the auction. But I think her reaction at dinner and blowing up at him was a bit over the top and inappropriate. Glad they patched things up in the end though.

All in all: excellent episode. I am loving how this season is shaping up to be!

Random Note: I thought it was cool that they showed the current post-election situation when Kitty was listening to the news. I wonder if that will have an impact on the Robert political storyline in the future.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

K/S definitely made the episode

Kay, I loved hearing the news Kitty was watching, too. I wonder if they made two different versions to edit in. I'd have to think that having a Democratic president would change some of Robert's political moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karevsanatomy
You know, I have always though Kevin was the most like his father. Not in the obvious way, you understand, but in the underlying way that hits you square in the face when you least expect it. He thrives on success, so long as it is his own. He is all for progress, so long as it benefits him. I don't know that he sees these things about himself, but they are there IMO.
Good point! I guess that Tommy always seems the most like William because the cheating parallel is so obvious. Kevin's similarities are much more under the surface. If Kevin was going to get any of William's traits, I guess I got some of the better ones to have. But they can be pretty destructive to relationships, so I hope he keeps working on that.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Kevin/Scotty should be the inevitable B&S spin-off.

kenny | credit