Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

2x16 "Prior Commitments" ~ Season Finale Discussion

Welcome to the S2 Finale discussion thread!

It's been an interesting year that's brought us a lot of excitement, and now it's time for the conclusion.
Join us in discussing the finale of the current season and all of the events that lead up to this episode.
It's going to be our last episode discussion for a *while* so don't be shy, now's the time to express yourself!

And yes, I've opened this a bit early so we could all SQUEE a day longer.

Anyway, the episode info:

2x16 "Prior Commitments" (Season Finale)

Kevin and Scotty make a commitment to be life partners, Saul finally deals with his identity in a public way,
and the family discovers that William kept yet another painful secret from his family.

Writers: Greg Berlanti, Monica Owusu-Breen and Alison Schapker
Director: Ken Olin

Eeeeeeeeeeee! Look at that team! All my favorite people working on the same episode!
And whoa, more William secrets? Bring it on!

Promo #1 // Promo #2 // Promo Pics

- The Sneak Peaks -

If you're going to discuss these, please use spoiler tags, as some people prefer to stay fully unspoiled,
and the clips may reveal a lot.

Sneak Peak #1 ~ Nora talks to the kids about Rebecca
Sneak Peak #2 ~ Kevin & Scotty talk about the wedding
Sneak Peak #3 ~ Tommy and Sarah face Holly
Sneak Peak #4 ~ Kitty prepares her wedding speech

Happy finale watching!

Last edited by Fortyseven; 05-10-2008 at 10:08 AM
Old 05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

All I have to say is "Seriously William? Another secret?"
Old 05-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to see the season end with style! And can't wait for William's 2nd secret to come out. Should make for an exciting night!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

OMG, I didn't realize this Sunday's episode was going to be the finale!! Aww, and I was just enjoying having new episodes to watch!

Saw one promo, but I'm going to try my best to stay away from the sneak peeks.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

again a party to end the season with.. Is that a theme? To end each season with a party? I'm not compaining

And 3 writers Including Greg B? This can't be anything but good....

I can't wait for this episode to air, though after that, the dreadful hiatus!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 05-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait for this! At the same time I'm feeling sad because it's gonna be the last episode before the hiatus...

♥Drawn together. & not pulling away.
icon|twitter
Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is that a theme? To end each season with a party? I'm not compaining
It seems so! However, I'm getting the feeling this year's finale will be much more dramatic... At least from the previews. But I guess I'm alright with it if it's all handled properly. It definitely looks promising!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe it's the season finale. It got here so quickly.

The writers, the sneak peaks, the pictures... the episode looks all types of amazing!

I really like ending seasons with a party/celebration. It's nice to end on a somewhat happy note going into summer. I have a feeling this episode isn't going to end as happily as Matriarchy did. Secrets have a way of putting a damper on things. I'm excited to find out what it is, though.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't believe it's the season finale already. I watched one sneak peek, but I'm staying away from the rest! I know it'll be a good episode, for the Scotty/Kevin stuf alone
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
I really like ending seasons with a party/celebration. It's nice to end on a somewhat happy note going into summer.
I agree on that.

I love that promo picture, btw. I'm so excited for tonight.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

I'm excited yet nervous... i always get like this before finales...
Old 05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Umm... yeah. Another Walker?! Seriously?!

Justin/Rebecca -

Otherwise, the episode was just okay. It ended with an okay season... some episodes more unforgettable then others. Definetly onboard for next season, but not a fan of getting the same secret from S1 re-hashed! Have they started to run out of ideas!

I liked seeing Kevin go out to Scotty's parents house to convince them to be okay with it. God, Scotty's mother was just awful. His dad was awesome... especially giving him the cufflinks! And I loved the nod he gave Kevin about the wife...

Nora with all the flowers! She went a bit overboard.

Saul's coming out!

Kitty/Robert - Nice to see them happy and I like the idea of adopting!

Much preferred S1's finale to this season's. And what baffles me a bit is how "all over" the script was... and this was after the writer's strike!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I haven't been here since my binge watching of all the episodes through to Kitty and Robert's wedding in about a week, but DAMN. I definitely expected there to be another Walker --I just had a feeling-- but it still shocked me when it was happening.

I'm warming to Justin/Rebecca, Kevin and Scotty were really cute, and so was that last scene with Kitty and Robert . And agreed, Saul's coming out was hilarious. I love how he just assumed that's what they were talking about. I also really loved Kevin's flashbacks w/William.

I just wish the show was longer because I'd love for the individual characters to have more screentime.

There's only one thing left to say I think: it's going to be a long ass summer.

Rose
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Yayyy - it was such a great episode, I loved it!

Absolutely loved the Kevin/Scotty wedding stuff - how Kevin drove to Arizona to try and convince Scotty's parents to come, how Nora went overboard with the floral arrangements even though Kevin told her no flowers cause she felt he deserved to have a special wedding.

And there were plently of those funny moments that have come to define the show and the Walker family - like when Kevin walked into the family room in the start and assumed everyone had found out about the engagement and then was confused about their lack of congratulations and enthusiastic response, how Saul barged in on the sibling talk and similarily assumed everyone had found out about him being gay and came out officially right then and there.

Still think the Justin/Rebecca situation was handled pretty nicely by the writers. It certainly didn't seem awkard, forced or unnatural. I'm open to seeing how that relationship develops and I have faith in the writers and their ability to deliver something good.

I had predicted that Kitty and Robert might end up choosing to adopt, so that didn't come as a surprise.

Really loved the little resolution scene between Nora and Rebecca and how Nora made it clear that she still considers Rebecca to be part of their family. That was sweet.

And lastly William's big secret coming out: I'm not so sure how I feel about this. I think revealing another hidden sibling and secret affair would just feel like a complete repetition of the already played out storyline with Rebecca. But again, keeping my fingers crossed that the writers know what they're doing and that there will be more depth to this secret than just discovering that there's another step-sibling out there.

Memorable lines:
Justin, after Saul tells them all that he's gay: "This is like the gayest weekend I've ever had" ...or something along those lines.

And Sarah to Rebecca: "We [Walkers] are like the mafia. Once you're in, you can't get out."

I'm a bit sad that this was the finale, no new episodes for a while!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been *squeeing* non-stop since the JR kiss
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”