Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

2x11 "The Missionary Imposition" Episode Discussion

2x11 "The Missionary Imposition"

A surprise visit from Jason forces Kevin to rethink his future and his romantic life,
while Nora and Isaac grow more content in each other's company.

Writers: Daniel Silk and Brian Studler
Directors: Michael Morris

Promo // Sneak Peek #1 #2 #3

No promo pics

It's exciting to have the show back Looks like a great episode! Enjoy
Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad that they are back again and can't wait to see the episode
Old 02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

New episode tonight! Yay, I was looking at my TV Guide before and saw the description but couldn't tell if it was an old episode or not. Happy to hear that it isn't ~ I've missed seeing new episodes of this show!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't really impressed with this episode. It didn't leave much to remember...and it felt like a transition since, it's main purpose was to close all the loose end storylines.

Plus, there was no Kitty and Robert! Which honestly felt unnatural. And I don't count the phone coversations and Robert on the TV screen.

As for Scottie/Kevin...I felt like Scottie giving Kevin an order, will work against him in the end. If Jason is home and there is unresolved tension, it's not looking good for those two.

I'm bored with Sarah and her new co-worker and there banter...

Lena finally quit the business and left Tommy and Justin! Finally!

Justin/Rebecca are OK again.

Tommy/Julia - Nough said.

Nora/Isaac are cute together...but, sadly...boring.

kenny | credit
Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

It was an alright episode, mostly just about hitting the points of forgiveness and moving on, I found.

And on that note, it was nice to see Justin & Rebecca on speaking terms again. I liked how they ended their fight in the same location where they first bonded after discovering they were siblings. It was nice.

I'm glad Lena's out of the way now as well. I liked the Tommy & Justin scene where they're on the couch watching the game, it's about time they made up!

I missed Robert/Kitty as well. And as the poster above said, the Nora/Isaac is slightly boring.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Great to have the show back, but I agree not the best of the season.

Justin/Rebecca: So happy to see these two back on normal terms again.

Kevin/Scotty: I love these two. I loved all their scenes tonight. I agree though that things are obviously still a bit unresolved between Jason/Kevin. I don't think Scotty telling Kevin not to see him is going to make that go away. I think Kevin/Jason need to talk and resolve things w/o Scotty around. Until that happens, it's going to be hanging over their heads which I really don't.

Jason: I could care less to see him back honestly.

I'm glad Lena left!

The Tommy/Justin scene was nice.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this, Katie!

I'll be back with episode thoughts later after I finally see it.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Lena's gone!

I agree that it wasn't the best episode, but I really enjoyed it. I could almost tell that this was a post-strike episode, that it was put together without the help of a lot of people that are usually involved.

It was nice to see some resolution and forgiveness in certain story lines. I was so happy to have those last Justin/Tommy, Tommy/Lena, and Justin/Rebecca scenes. Things are going back to how they belong

Nora and Isaac are really cute I actually like them a lot.

What I didn't like so much was the lack of K/R. Kitty's first scene in the car was very funny though: "Shes proabally wishing Kevin were straight so she could go for the whole Walker trifecta."

I LOVED the preview:

"Let's do what Walkers do best!"
"Get drunk?"

Hee! I can't wait!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

I didn't see the preview. Will there be a new episode this coming Sunday?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I definitely agree that this wasn't the best episode. But at least one good thing came out of it:Lena is gone and the whole Tommy/Julia/Justin/Lena drama is over. I was never fond of it in the first place, so I'm so glad it's over. I never understood Justin's reasons for continuing to sleep with Lena, when she was also to blame for the affair, not just Tommy. So I'm glad that was cleared up and Tommy and Justin are good again.

I'm happy Justin and Rebecca are on speaking terms again. I like their relationship as brother and sister and I'm really afraid that Rebecca might turn out not to be William's daughter, just so Justin and Rebecca could pursue a romantic relationship. That would be the worst thing, IMO.. and also weird. But sometimes it almost feels that way.

I really like the idea of Sarah having a new relationship, nothing big, but at least something for her to have fun, but I'm not feeling Sarah/Graham. I don't know, there's something missing ...

Nora and Isaac are really cute, but I preferred them in the previous episodes... But I hope that Isaac sticks around. Nora is so cute with her crush.

And I totally agree with the lack of Kitty and Robert. It felt weird and like something was missing. Even Kitty was barely there, which made it even more strange. Though I agree with Katie, the first phone scene was hilarious and one of the best of the episode, imo.

Quote:
"Shes proabally wishing Kevin were straight so she could go for the whole Walker trifecta."
Lol and true.

And I like Travis. He's funny. lol I like seeing him and Kitty annoying each other.

About Kevin, I'm slightly torn. I always liked Scotty, and I love having him on the show. So, I like his relationship with Kevin. But I like Jason also, he's a good guy, and I didn't like the way Kevin treated him. One of the best scenes of the episode was also the dinner between all three and Scotty playing hostess. But I feel that things between Kevin and Jason are not resolved yet, and I think that Scotty's demand for Kevin not to see Jason again will not make things better.

But all and all, I think it was a slightly boring episode. But I'm glad it tied up some of the storylines. So, it's all good.

And that preview for the next episode sounds hilarious. It's not up on abc nor on Youtube, so unfortunately I can't see it.

~*bitterswt*~ If I'm not mistaken, yes, there is a new episode next sunday, Feb. 17th.

Last edited by JLarah; 02-12-2008 at 05:35 AM
Old 02-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Joana, I definitely agree with you about Justin and Rebecca

Even though Graham/Sarah might not be the best couple ever, I like their scenes. After all the Joe drama with Sarah, it's nice to see her falling for a new guy who's pretty sweet and really likes her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~ (View Post)
I didn't see the preview. Will there be a new episode this coming Sunday?
Yup. I'll be the last one for awhile until the post-strike episodes are ready.

The promo, for anyone that didn't see it:

Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

First of all: Best episode title ever

Let's see what I remember about the episode...

Kevin: I'm hoping that the show makes me like Scotty (gah! I ALWAYS write Scooty) more because I'm so not feeling him. Maybe it's because we've already done the whole Scotty/Kevin thing... or because I like Jason....

Nora: I love Sally and Danny. I find their relationship refreshing from all the other drama on the show. And I absolutely loved when Isaac asked how Nora was doing. So sweet.

Sarah: I was kind of coming around to the Graham idea... and then he had to go off with little.black.dress! woman. Now, I want him to go away.

Lena: Bye, skank!

Tommy/Julia: *wonders if they can really work out their problems*

Justin: Still hot.

Rebecca: I'd still like her to go away. I'm just waiting for them to find out William wasn't her father so we can be rid of her.

Kitty: Didn't miss her at all. I forgot about her even until she showed up on the phone. I missed Robert's pretty face. But that's about it.

Phew.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the promo!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode! Not my fave this season, but I'm really glad Lena's gone and things are slowly getting back to normal.

Yay for Kevin/Scotty. I'm glad they're doing alright for once.

I didn't really miss Kitty/Robert, I have to say... But the show does work better with the politics, without it most of the stories seem too soapy.

And I like Sarah with the new guy... Hopefully he'll stick around.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not my fave this season either. While there were some interesting storys going on, I felt like the writing was a little off and the dialogue in places kinda leaden. Considering the script was probably rushed to get completed before the strike started, I guess it makes sense though. It probably didn't help that there was so much Tommy either. I just can't get into his character or storys. I find him so boring. If I had to choose one character(s) I thought this show could do without, it would certainly be he and Julia. But at least Lena is gone.

Quote:
I'm just waiting for them to find out William wasn't her father so we can be rid of her.
Even if they did that, which I kinda hope they don't (I don't like the idea of erasing a year's worth of storylines for an unnecessary soapy twist like that), if Rebecca turned out not to be a Walker there's no doubt in my mind they'd pair her with Justin. So like it or not, Walker or not, you're stuck with her .