Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

2x07 "36 Hours" Episode Discussion

2x07 "36 Hours"

The Walkers pulls together for better or worse when Justin reaches a critical new low point with his addiction,
while Kitty and Robert move toward their future together.

Writers: David Marshall Grant and Molly Newman
Director: David Paymer

Promo // Promo Pics

This looks like a big one!
Happy watching!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can't wait to see the intervention for Justin. I'll have to make sure to have tissues handy, that scene looks to be a tearjerker.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so excited for this ep! The promo was just looking so extremely well that it got me all pumped!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, this promo is

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

The Promo looks so intense. I'm really excited for the episode. There's going to be a lot of stuff going on in this episode. I love November sweeps.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Great episode besides the McCallister stuff which is soo borning and unnecessary. Dave Annable and Calista Flockhart were terrific tonight.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
New Fan

What a GREAT episode! I just don't like the fact that he is lying to Kitty about having children. Unless he is lying to everyone else?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

What a turn for the worse of Robert's character. I hate to say it, but I am greatly dissapointed about that. I didn't expect him to be two-faced, but there it is.

Otherwise, wow ... what a fantastic, heart-pounding, awkward, highly emotional episode. I loved how the entire cast got a change to interact.

I didn't like how Justin threw Rebecca under the bus, and kicked her out of the house. I thought she would've stuck around longer.

Sally Field and Dave Annable, along with Ron Rifkin and Calista Flockhart, stole the whole frickin' episode, and better submit this episode to the Emmys.

The next episode looks intense...and epic. But, I just have a feeling this wedding is not going to happen.

kenny | credit
Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I didn't like how Justin threw Rebecca under the bus, and kicked her out of the house. I thought she would've stuck around longer.
Agreed. I was hoping that she would come back at the end or something but... no. I just hope that means they will have some good scenes at the wedding.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

We definitely saw a different side to Robert tonight. When he said to Kitty that their relationship was more important to him than the election, I got the feeling he wasn't being completely honest.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

This episode was amazing! Everything with Justin and the Walker intervention was perfect. I loved seeing them all come together to help him. When the entire group, plus Holly and Rebecca were there being yelled at by Justin... wow. Everyone was fabulous tonight.

That last scene of Justin and Nora makes me think that this was the last time they'll have to deal with getting him off drugs.

Saul's scenes with Kevin and Nora were great. I'm glad he finally told the truth to Nora.

I'm not really happy with Robert. He needs to tell Kitty how he really feels about everything that's going on soon.

The promo looks excited. Unlike Ken, I'm going to be optimistic and say that the wedding will happen... I hope.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Oh I thought tonight's episode was fabulous. It was just another reminder of why I love the Walker family so much. And this episode still had some great humor in it, amongst all the drama.

Hands down, my favorite scene was Justin falling asleep in Kitty's arms. That was such a tender scene between the two. I've always loved their relationship since the beginning of the season. Kitty is maternal with Justin, and she was the only one he could talk to. It was perfect.

I'm just sad that we have to wait two more weeks for a new episode!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

"Changes, lots of changes"

Nora, as always, summing things up. Wow, big episode. GREAT episode. Incredibly, actually. One of them turning point episodes. It reminded me of the road trip episode last year where we learned about what drove Kitty and Nora apart, where they found money for the company, found out more about William, Kevin and Tommy found out about Rebecca. Secrets coming out, but not like "SHOCK", but more like, telling a damn good story. There was a lot of that tonight: Justin's addiction, Tommy and Lena, Saul's homosexuality, Kitty wanting a marriage. A few more minor ones too. That's a lot of stuff jam-packed into one episode, but it didn't feel like it, you know? It was self contained. It was all centered around Justin and his Detox and the family coming together to support him and all these revelations came out of that one big one, with them being there together, with them having to be honest around each other (or at least, ultimately being forced to be honest around each other?) A lot of that support system tonight, which is something I've always found one of the most endearing elements of the show.

FREAKING intense with Justin and the intervention. Holy crap, that was awesome. Deriding the whole family, Rebecca, Holly and then getting to Kitty...man, GREAT writing. Even better acting, but wow, incredible stuff all over there.

Tommy not going. God, I hope he gets hit by a bus. Holly, who I keep LIKING (loved that she went to support Rebecca at the intervention, to a place where she is an outsider and a place she hates going to) what the hell, she was my bus hitting victim last season, but Tommy, he has become the King of Get This Character Off My Frickin' Show. Tommy playing high and mighty, oh, rich. Even if he isn't wrong. And trying to judge Kevin, c'mon. Although the Kevin/Tommy dynamic was interesting, mostly Kevin carrying the load.LOVE bringing back William Walker and his follies. Again, though, I don't know if I can ever sympathize or care about Tommy the same way I even did last season. Which wasn't much, but I didn't outright hate the character. Now? I do. It's almost bringing back William and then him making up with Nora an expecting the audience to go "aww". No, he's scum. Scum isn't getting an "aww" out of me if he makes up with Julia. Nuh-uh.

At first I thought the Saul thing was maybe a bit much for this episode. The whole "this is not my family, it's yours" and "I can't be this person anymore" was juuuuust a tad overdramatic in an episode with a lot of great drama, so it stood out in a bad way to me. BUT, Saul revealing his secret was really nice stuff. It's out now and I love Sally, but moreso Nora's, reaction to it. Just shock, confusion and just wanting to be there for him but not knowing how. I really do like that sibling relationship they have. I can't wait to see what happens with Saul, because I think Ron Rifkin is a great actor and this is something to really dig his teeth into that can get the whole Walker clan involved and the dynamic between him and Kevin is forever changed, and maybe Nora and him too. There's so much possibility here and I think they've done an excellent job taking an underused character and making the audience care about this. Or maybe it's just me. But I'm fascinated by it.

I've got to say, Robert has been more interesting this season. Not exactly imperfect, but not so saintly. He's more intense, angry. The anger over the pregnancy, okay, that was a bit off, but it was interesting. Tonight, it was an interesting side of him without being so odd. Lying to Kitty, not telling her about Sophie, again, interesting. I don't know, I'm just happy he's not so saintly, and I don't think they're exactly undermining the character with some flashes of flaws an intensity, I'm getting some real hints of depth here rather than McAllister being a one-note character. I hope it turns into what Amy was on Everwood: the American dream, the American girl and watching that come apart. I kind of want to see that happen here. It's the perfect American romance, and watching it come apart would be so intriguing. I have no idea if that's where this is going, but I hope it is as much as I like Kitty and McAllister together. Anyway, to sum it up: small hints of him becoming a real character.

Alright, I'm finally getting close to shutting up, but I really loved the interaction of the whole family. I really enjoyed the writing here, having a great way to get everyone together and to let loose these secrets and this good drama. But it also wasn't melodramatic and it easily could have been. Some lightness, some comedy, and that's impressive with the kind of stuff they did tonight. And then the storyline potential after this one, it's just insane. So much can happen and I can't wait to see what does. Bravo, B&S, bravo. And encore, encore!

Just a few little observations/lines:
-Kitty's dream about McAllister, at high school, with him serving food, with a hairnet. "Do I even want to know what that means?" Cute opening. King and President. Vaudville. Classic B&S opening in the first few minutes with a slew of good, funny lines.
-Sarah to Justin:"Does the unrelenting sarcasm help?"
-McAllister: "I was the best hockey player in [some town] after the other hockey player moved away."
-Kevin: "Don't make me shoot you in the back" to Justin walking away from him and Tommy while he was trying to get away. A tremendous example of using a funny throwaway line to lighten the mood for a second in a really dramatic scene.
-The warm and maternal talk by Kitty while being warm and maternal to Justin, not exactly subtle, but it was very nicely done.
-Hee to the whole "he's fine" run between Kevin and Nora after Saul left. FUN!
-Great ending. The pool is back, baby! Love that continuation.

Apologies for the length, but man, I looooved this episode!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Once again B&S delivered a GREAT episode,everyone did a great job acting wise but In my eyes I think Calista did the best (okay so maybe thats because I'm a huge Kitty Walker fan but still *shrugs*) I loved the talk she had with Justin at the end and how she realized she DOES have a Maternal instinct after all
the preview for the next ep is scaring me a tad bit as much as I WANT the Kitty and Robert marriage to happen My Guess is that it wont and we'll get thrown back to the fact that he lied to her about wanting to have more kids
*sighs* I dont want that to happen but I have a feeling thats what will.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Banned

Wow i'm loving this show more and more every week. Robert & Kitty are so cute i really can't wait for the wedding.

I didn't like that Justiin was mean to Becca, i really hope that this doesn't make their relationship bad. But other then that I adore Justin even if he has a drug problem.

Goooooooo Nora! loved that she stepped up and didn't let Justin go outside. I simply love Nora and Saul what a great brother/sister relationship.

Sarah:I do not think she' a bad mother i think her ex husband is a bad father. But not too much of her.

But lots of Kitty, loved the scene with her and Justin. And yes she will make a fantastic mother.

Over all, great episode very heart wretching and sad but very very good.