Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

2x03 "History Repeating" Episode Discussion

2x03 "History Repeating"

Nora and Rebecca hatch a plan to help Justin cope with pain while Julia tells Tommy she needs to take some time away with their infant daughter.
Meanwhile, Kevin shares a dinner with someone from his past, as Kitty confronts Robert's ex-wife.

Promo // Promo pics (careful, they're very spoilery!)

Happy watching! This looks like a good one!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

once again, a great OP! Thnx Stjepo!
Can't wait to see the ep!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

It's Sunday again!

All these openings are so great, Stjepo. I love the Kevin pic you used!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

New episode! New thread!

I wonder who Kevin's having dinner with ...

kenny | credit
Old 10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
I wonder who Kevin's having dinner with ...
Scotty! I was so excited to see him! He and Kevin were my favorite part of the episode tonight. Their dinner was cute, and it was great to see Kevin helping Scotty out. And yay for them deciding to be friends again.

Poor Tommy. I can't believe Julia just left. I do understand her reasonings about taking time so that they can survive everything that's happened. I'm a little nervous about Lena. She looks way too much like Julia, and that last phone call got me really worried.

It's a relief to have Justin taking more for the pain, but at the same time, it might be worse to see him head down that path again with drugs and not being himself.

Kitty and Robert... I liked them dealing with Robert's ex. They handled it well, and Kitty did great when she talked to her. And did it seem like Rob Lowe's tan is finally fading? Or was it just the lighting?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

For the most part, I liked it. The writing was a bit off in general, and compared to last week it was definitely a step down, but most episodes would be. Not as comedic, but I thought Kevin and Scotty gave a light element to the show. The other storylines couldn't really be comedic, which is maybe why they should have chosen to keep Julia/Tommy to another episode, or..uh, not do it at all, but I'll get to that later.

The Justin/Nora storyline is still hitting on all cylinders. I really liked Rebecca's inclusion into it, with Nora realizing the bond she has with Justin. Emily and Sally had two fantastic scenes together tonight that I just adored. Camp brought it during the argument with Sally, the reaction to it, and the sundae scene. Sally too, obviously, but that's just such a given. Dave Annable was fantastic again here. I like that they didn't stretch out the "will he, won't he?" about the pills like some shows would. It was part of last week's, a bulk of tonight's, but now they go beyond it.

about Tommy wanting to hit the Dad in law with the club and Ron all "do it now and I'll give you three strokes". That's about the only positive comment for that whole storyline. The father storyline is boring and unoriginal and, frankly, poorly done. I like that they're attempting to do something with Tommy and Julia, but this is not it. Everyone comes off poorly except for Saul (who's barely a part of it)out of the whole thing tonight. They didn't do anything with it, with the issue between Tommy and Julia. It's the same ol'. Not like B&S to do something interesting, they went with something boring.

McAllister's storyline didn't go anywhere for anybody. Not really worth even doing, frankly, other than to have Courtney's side of things. Which...wasn't really needed, but whatever. I'm still hating how poorly written McAllister is. Give him a flaw already. It wasn't a big deal this episode, but it's a continuing theme where I can't be as interested in the character and his storylines if he isn't a real character. Especially when he's in these scenes and surrounded by such flawed and interesting characters. Write him better, because Rob Lowe is doing the best he can with this.

How cute are Kevin and Scotty? Scotty! Love him. Such a cute mini-date. We didn't get Cynical, Hilarious Kevin, but we got the next best thing: Adorable, Smiley Kevin! I really liked this tonight. Yes, it's Kevin and relationships again, but it's frickin' Scotty! Plus we got to see Cocky, Awesome Kevin the Lawyer again, which is always fun.

Really, the Julia/Tommy/parents thing brought the episode down. They could have filled that time with more Sarah (making a blink and you miss it appearance), a few more jokes, anything and the episode would be nearly fantastic. The writing was a tad off in a few other scenes and the McAllister storyline was pretty damn boring too, but it's really the Julia/Tommy BS bringing things down. I want them to get a storyline and for the characters to be used, but not something this bad.

Lines/Other observations:
-Justin: "What's the fastest way of getting out of this conversation" Nora: "By having it."
-Rebecca walking into the bathroom was really forced and pretty pointless, but Kevin helping Justin was pretty fun in a not so comedic way, but a cute, brotherly way.
-Rebecca: "Have you tried telling Justin this? Of course you have, you're you" to Nora. Hee.
-Officer: "He also called me Little Ms Officer." Judge: "Sue him for defamination".
-Limited edition Reagan bobble head auction. Yes! McAllister:"And that bobble head is for me, right?"
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought the episode was good, not great, and not as good as the first two. It was a bit too heavy, if that makes sense. It could have done with some lighter moments here and there. And to be completely honest, I'm not a big fan of Tommy, so the fact that he had so much screentime didn't help either.

Next week looks much better though.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Another good episode.

It was a little too depressing though... While I'm enjoying Justin's storyline and Dave's screentime, this season definitely needs more humor. It's been way too serious so far.

Yay, Kevin/Scotty. They're back!
"Friends". Right.
Loved the court scene! Little Ms Officer!

And OMG the beginning with Kevin preparing a bubble bath for Justin! Every bit of it was priceless.

Too little Sarah. Also, didn't care too much about Julia/Tommy... While I do like them together, I'm getting a little sick of the baby storyline. I don't think they should stretch that any longer. And I'm not sure how I feel about the new girl they brought in for Tommy.

Next week looks pretty cool!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Also, didn't care too much about Julia/Tommy... While I do like them together, I'm getting a little sick of the baby storyline. I don't think they should stretch that any longer. And I'm not sure how I feel about the new girl they brought in for Tommy.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's not that interested in the Tommy storyline. Ditto on the new girl also. I don't like how they brought her in either. I thought she was gonna be a friend for Rebecca, so maybe we could finally see Rebecca interact with someone outside the family, but it almost seemed like they just used that 'friendship' angle as an excuse to just introduce her character. I just hope they don't have Tommy cheat on Julia. I've had my fill of cheating spouses on this show for the time being. One successful marriage or relationship would be nice to see, at least for a little while.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, one of the things I liked about Tommy/Julia is that they were one of the rare "normal" couples on the show... There wasn't any conflict between them until s2.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the writers were almost forced to do something dramatic with them because too many people were finding the characters flat and boring. But I still don't like where they've taken them so far or where it looks like they're headed. It's way too predictable if you ask me.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

For me this episode lacks the all brothers and sisters interaction I mean the way it is usually all the bunch together for a reason or another ...
On one side Justin and by extension Rebecca and Nora, on the other Tommy, on the other Kitty, on the other a little of Kevin but no Sarah or so little; they were all too much apart from one another.
By that some storylines give the impression we have too much of this character or the other and not enough of another one ...
Good points and week points for me :
- great scenes between Rebecca-Nora (and also Rebecca-Justin ) even if all this Justin in pain storyline is a tad too long or a tad repetitive I don't know just an impression.
-always interesting interaction between Kitty and Robert even if the ex-wife part wasn't really needed
-the golf scene when Tommy talks with Saul was funny
-bringing back Scotty just to give Kevin somone to interact with ... a little contrieved
-all the Tommy-Julia drama ... a little too much drama
-I miss Sarah in this episode
-Lena seems to be there only for being the troublemaker ...
-Not enough comedic moments 'cause even if drama needs to be there the balance between drama and comedy is one of Brothers and sisters greatest ability and this episode didn't have it even if it wasn't a bad episode at all
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Extreme Fan

It's getting a bit too dramatic for my taste. I'm okay with drama, but all the depressing stuff isn't really fun to watch.

First off, I don't like the whole Tommy/Julia/New Girl storyline is heading. I feel like it's a bit unnecessary. I get that Julia needs to grieve her lost of baby her own way. I have never lost a baby, so I cannot imagine how that must've felt. But the inclusion of new girl into this complex thing is really trashing it. Marriage problem doesn't always have to do with a third party.

I loooove the Nora/Justin part of the episode. I was a bit hoping that Justin would continue to refuse the painkillers, cause it's making me nervous that he might go back down there. But Rebecca and Nora seem to be really attentive to him, so it's a bit of a relief.

Kitty/Robert/Ex Wife. Kitty in this episode reminds me that she is a politician. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Kitty, which was weird since I loved Ally McBeal. But in this episode she was so cool.

Oooh, Scotty's baaack! This is gonna be fun.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly didn't mind the julia/tommy storyline that much, I'm glad they have a storyline, and Julia has been distant ever since she got back from the hospital so i'm not that surprised by this.

Kevin/Scotty was fun!

I like how the Justin storyline is going really.. It really deals with the troubles Justin has with the medication because of his drugs past. I think its only realistic to take this route given his past and that Justin was no longer addicted. I think this is the most interesting storyline right now.

Rober/Kitty and the ex-wife thing wasn't really that interesting, though it was fun to see the 'Two and a half men' actress (forgot her name) on the show.

I loved the Nora/Rebecca scenes too!

Next week looks like fun!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't enjoy the Tommy/Julia drama at all. They didn't really focus on them for most of s1 so it's a little out of nowhere and the viewers don't particularly care IMO.

Thankfully next week looks a lot less dramatic.