Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Would you like to meet your favorite celebrity? #1

(This all goes save for Johnny Depp )

I know that unless it was a very special situation I prefer not to meet famous people I really like. It's a thing I always try to avoid, not that I HAVE to, , but I would not seek anybody on purpose.

By "meeting" I mean, saying hello or something quick like that.

One thing I would NEVER EVER do is ask ANYBODY for an autograph (not even Johnny Depp or Adam Pascal). It's not something I'll ever do nor want to do.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey Nikki!

I already met two of my favorite celebs. It was on a special situation, both of them, so I couldn't help but meet them. But I would really, really love to meet Keanu Reeves and Orlando Bloom. Like you said, I would not seek them out. It would have to be a meeting where we were both at the same place at the same time purely by coincidence. I don't know how I would react, though. With one celeb I met, I was all cool and collected. We had a nice, funny chat. But with the other, I was a complete goof! I was a nervous wreck and I even bumped him with my purse, which made him sit back on his chair.

(icon by Me)
*Eliza (Liz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

God, Liz, it's been ages! Nice to see you around!

Ohhhh... That's nice!! I do love when people get to meet their fave stars and they're physically shaking. It's so sweet!

So, did you get nervous before you met him or just right at the moment he was in front of you?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had met some celebs before but mostly Music Artist, I write for a Magazine so it was easy for me. I hate to get all shaky when I meet my music idol, and I am forbidden to do that since I should be a calm reporter.

I would love to meet Orlando (Yes, Liz ), Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger and Viggo Mortensen. I think I'd have more conversation type meeting with Viggo because I had loved him more because of his brains, I would love to tell him that and he inspires me alot. I'll probably just go fangirl-like with Orlando or Jake. They're my two celeb pretty crushes. As for Heath, I don't even know if I can keep up a conversation with him, probably just hi and hello. I think he's a bit intimidating and private, I'm not sure if he'll like me all shaky and giggly.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Master Fan

Well, I have met my two celebrity crushes and they both have been nice experiences I have actually meet Joey McIntyre twice, and James van Der Beek once. Joe at the 'greet and meet' of his London concert last year and James while filming 'DC' in Wilmington

And yep, I got the whole picture/signature thing

I don't think there's nothing worng with it as long as you don't make an obsession out of it and as long as you know how to behave. I was never the histeric type or anything. I would you walk to them and ask them politely if they had 5 minutes. And always when they were interacting with public, never in a private moment.

Only once I did that with poor Rupert Grint and I am still embarrassed and kinda wish I hadn't done it It will never happen again though.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What happened with Rupert?

Joey McIntyre went here, too and there had been some bad reviews about his attitude. I dunno if it's true. I never went to his signing session.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Well, what happened with Rupert was that I went to London all the way from Madrid to attend Joey McIntyre's concert and I went to have a bite to McDonald's and Rupert was there. I almost LOL A guy was taking a picture with him so I went to him and apologized for asking, but I was wondering if it would be possible to take a pic with him... He said it was ok, so we took the picture I mean, the poor guy was eating at McDonald's and there I went If he had been sitting on his own business, I wouldn't have said a thing. But since someone else was already taking a pic with him... Still, I shouldn'y have done it

I've met Joey twice in person, in 1994 and last year, and he has always been nice. Some of my friends have met him several times, even at his own house in Boston, and he has always been nice to them as well. But he has a dry sense of humor and can be kind of acid and ironic sometimes. Maybe it was that?. I dunno. The bad reviews have been by journalists or fans? Just out of curiosity
Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR
God, Liz, it's been ages! Nice to see you around!

Ohhhh... That's nice!! I do love when people get to meet their fave stars and they're physically shaking. It's so sweet!

So, did you get nervous before you met him or just right at the moment he was in front of you?
I got nervous as soon as I walked into the place. I was all by myself and didn't know anyone. So, you can imagine how I got when I was face to face with him.

(icon by Me)
*Eliza (Liz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beatriz Ah, that was so nice of Rupert. And lucky you. Oh, with Joe? Both fans and journalist. There were write-ups about him when he visited Manila and journalist didn't like him at all. Some of my friends who went said he's kinda snobbish.

Liz
Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

I would love to meet Jake Gyllenhaal, Kasey Kahne and Dale Earnhardt Jr. The most out of any celebs... I would be a blubbering mess, but I would love too.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky
Some of my friends who went said he's kinda snobbish.
Maybe he was being that day, who knows
Old 07-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

I would love to meet those people because I would actually love to talk about acting. I have been acting in atheatre group for seven years and I always am interested in getting to know other people....
But I would not be gigglish and girlish and squeel when I see them, I bet I wouldn't even talk to them, cause I am too shy

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

I'd love to meet Adam Pascal or Gerard Butler. but Id be scared of making a complete fool of myself.

I have met some celebrities though. Ive met Matt Damon once in Boston. Ive also "stage doored" at some broadway shows to meet some of my favorite stars. Alot of people who do that absolutely mob the actor and start screaming and stuff. I always try to stay back and just tell the actor that they did a good job. But I never ask for an autograph, the one exception being Victor Wallace from Les Miserables and it kinda happened on accident

Last edited by Gosling Fan; 07-11-2006 at 06:01 PM
Gosling Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Of course. I would want to know what they are like. And I dream of seeing them in person. My top favs have to be Jensen Ackles, Orlando Bloom, and Jeff Hardy.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Total Fan

I just want to meet Hayden Christensen and I'll be set

Nayden-fan868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top