Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Riley Smith Appreciation Thread #1

Riley Smith has a growing filmography. His recent made for TV film, "Full Ride", playing football hero, Matt Sabo, was much admired by fans, as were his guest starring appearances on the TV show, "Raising Dad", playing bad boy, Jared Ashby. His next feature film, "Radio", in which he plays another football player, will be released to theatres in the USA on November 21, 2003. It stars Cuba Gooding, Jr., and Ed Harris. Even before its release there has been some hollywood buzz about this dramatic film as a possible Oscar nominee for best picture. Things are definitely looking up for Riley Smith who turned 25 years old April 12, 2003.
Quite by chance I met Riley briefly at a Sunset Blvd nightclub in L.A.. last August, 2002. Riley was nice enough to pose for a fan photo with a friend of mine.
Riley has lots of fans on the internet, too, and unofficial fansites for Riley Smith are numerous. Here's a link to one (not my site) that a girl in the UK designed. She did a really nice job, in my opinion.

Riley Smith Fan Site - Unofficial

Riley is just getting started in his acting career. I'm sure fans are going to see lots more of Riley.

Last edited by Jojo888; 12-13-2004 at 03:23 PM
Jojo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 09:12 PM
New Fan

I look forward to seeing Riley Smith in "Radio". I believe the first time I saw Riley Smith on TV was in 1999. Since then I've seen him grow as an actor. He has shown versatility. He is able to play various roles, convincingly. There is more to the actor than just a pretty face, that is why I believe he needs more recognition. I hope he continues to choose roles wisely and in doing so, I wish he gains the respect that he deserves in the industry.
I've met Riley a few times in Los Angeles. He has been nothing but sincere and respectful. With "Radio" coming out, he may gain a lot of exposure. I hope he stays grounded. May his future be prosperous.
XxNoUseForANamexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Riley Smith has scored another acting gig in a feature film, entitled, "A New York Minute", which stars the Olsen twins, Mary-Kate, and Ashley. Filming began in Toronto, Canada, on August 3rd, 2003. The release date for the film is scheduled tentatively as in May 2004. See the link below for more info about the film.
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808503930

Way to go Riley ! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-10-2003: Message edited Jojo888 ]
Old 08-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know if this is 100% true, but something I noticed from Kristin/Wanda's E!online TV Chats:
Quote:
From annababe: Is it true that D.B. Woodside is joining 24?
Yes. Buffy's Principal Wood is joining the cast, along with Wendy Crewson (Air Force One, Santa Clause), James Badge Dale (Lord of the Flies), Agnes Bruckner (Murder by Numbers), Riley Smith (Gideon's Crossing) and Zachary Quinto (Down with Love). As for who's playing what--I know Wendy is a love interest for one of the main fellas. She'll be on for at least eight eps.
The site link is:
E! Kristin's Chat Transcripts

I assume it is the same person because Riley was on Gideon's Crossing.

[ 08-10-2003: Message edited ~justanother~ ]
L: Hmm. He can turn it off and turn it on so fast.
~justanother~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

The release date for "Radio" has been changed to Friday, October 24, 2003. The film's world premiere will be held [No, see below] on Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at the Mann Village Theatre in Westwood Village [near UCLA] in West LA at 6:30pm. Fans should plan on arriving a little earlier to get the best viewing locations. I hope lots of Riley fans show up to give him the support he deserves. See ya'all there! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Jojo
Hold the phone. There may be a change in the works for the premiere. Could be changed to Tuesday, 10-14, at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Don't know the time, but premieres are usually held in the late afternoon, 5pm to 6:30pm. I need to confirm that, though. Be back at ya. [Unfortunately, I haven't been able to confirm the time, place and date of the premiere. I telephoned the Academy, but they won't say anything to the public about premieres. Sorry].

Edit: 10-15-03: Well, the Premiere of "Radio" was indeed at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Tuesday, October 14th. Wire Image has 281 pictures from the event in their image file for the Premiere. You can see Riley Smith's photos on page 7 of the file. See the link below.
Riley's looking good in his black suit and dark purple shirt. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...l=3a&PageNum=7

[ 10-26-2003: Message edited Jojo888 ]
Old 11-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Riley continues this role on the TV show, "24". He plays a drug dealer to Kiefer Southerland's character, who's battling an addiction. The show is on Tuesday nights.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

The film, "New York Minute", starring the Olsen twins, Mary-Kate, and Ashley, is scheduled for release May 7, 2004. Riley plays the love interest for one of the twins. Expect to see lots of media promos on TV, and in Mags, etc, of Riley and the twins in the weeks prior to the film's release.
- - - - - Update: 2-28-04 - - - - - -
- - - - -
Riley has a nice role, playing a football player, in the film, "Radio". The DVD for the film is on sale, since 1-27-04. Below is a link about the film, and DVD.

Yahoo Movies: Radio

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited Jojo888 ]

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited Jojo888 ]
Old 04-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

A friend of Riley's told me that the film premiere for "New York Minute" will be held at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, California, Saturday, May 1st. The film opens in the USA, nation-wide, Friday, May 7th. The premiere begins at 3:00pm. That's when limo arrivals for the red carpet start, with the film showing at about 4:00pm for invited guests only.

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited Jojo888 ]
Old 04-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Riley Smith, wow that guy is so hot. Was he in Motorcrossed on Disney Channel?
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, Kiwi, Riley Smith was in the Disney film, "Motocrossed". He's been in lots of other things, too. The Internet Movie DataBase lists 15 film roles since 1999, and 23 "Notable TV Guest Appearances". See the link below.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0809720/

There is more good news:
On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, Riley Smith will be among the guests on Sharon Osbourne's talk show. In my area, Southern California, Sharon Osbourne's show is on at 1pm, on the WB-network station, KTLA. It will also be repeated later the same day in the evening on the cable/satellite channel, WGN. 10pm in my area. Riley is likely to talk about his role in the film, "New York Minute", as it will be released nation-wide, Friday, May 7th.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Extreme Fan

i love riley smith ! haha hes hot .. aww i missed the SO show

"The are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it."<3
/<3
add me!!
LovinLafferty_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Riley's Girlfriend Talks about Him:

__ Riley's girlfriend, Danneel Harris, mentions Riley in a recent interview. I thought Riley fans might be interested.

Soap Opera Digest & Weekly Online: Getting To Know OLTL's Danneel Harris

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/inwee...danneelharris/

From Soap Opera Digest Weekly Online
By Kathryn Walsh

WEEKLY: I understand you're from a small town in Louisiana.
Harris: Yes, Eunice, La. It's very small. I think around 13-14,000
people. It has a little downtown and the post office. I mean, really small town. I moved out to L.A. and I modeled for a couple years before I started acting.
WEEKLY: Did you know anyone in L.A. or have any work lined up?
Harris: I didn't know anybody or anything. I just knew I wanted to live
in L.A. I love California. I packed up everything I had and went there. One of those stories. So I moved out there and I started modeling. I lucked out and I got with a really good agency.
WEEKLY: How did you luck out?
Harris: I started dating this guy who I'm still dating now. We've been dating 2 1/2 years and he's an actor. His name is RILEY SMITH. His mom is a modeling agent in Chicago. So I flew home with him for Thanksgiving. She called this agency for me and that's how I met the modeling agency. My boyfriend's in the New York Minute movie with the Olsen twins, he was one of their boyfriends. He's on the WB show SUMMERLAND. He's a WB kid. So he helped me with auditions and stuff. I supported myself by modeling for a couple years, and then I auditioned for a commercial and I booked it. So I was like, "Yeah, okay, maybe I'll do this." I guest-starred on MadTV a couple times. Then I got WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU with Amanda Bynes. I did about six episodes of that. And then this audition came up.
WEEKLY: Was this your first soap audition?
Harris: Yes. Very first soap audition.
WEEKLY: Had you watched ONE LIFE before, or any soaps?
Harris: No, but I love them now. I think they're great. I watch them
all. I watch all the ABC ones.
WEEKLY: The soap schedule is pretty tough for any actor, but it must
have been extra hard since it was your first contract role?
Harris: At first I was really freaked out because I had only worked on sitcoms and we would rehearse Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then tape on Friday. My first day on the job they give me my lines. I'm like, "Okay," and I go up there and I'm thinking we'll have rehearsal and then we'll have dress rehearsal then we'll shoot it. And it's like, we go up there, I say my lines and they say, "Thank you." I learned that if you say your lines correctly they're using it. It was so completely different that it blew me away for a second. I've gotten used to it.
WEEKLY: How are you liking New York?
Harris: I love New York. But, I moved here in the winter. All I had was my little, L.A. bright red with a black-and-white striped leather jacket. It's short. I was walking down the street and snow was hitting me in the face. Everyone here had all black, long coats, no shoes. I'm in my bright-colored stuff walking around. But I love it now. I'm so comfortable here, especially because it's been hot. Louisiana's hot and humid. And then California... I'm actually on my way back to L.A. now. My boyfriend still lives there. I'm in L.A. at least every two months for a good week or so. I have to. I get homesick for the water. I love the ocean. I grew up by the ocean.
WEEKLY: We haven't seen much of Shannon on the show this last month, but I understand you'll be part of the Love House this summer?
Harris: I'm in the Love House and also I have this whole thing with River. The stealing of River from Adriana. So that all comes to a head. That whole story plays out and then I guess I'm going to continue to be the scandalous one on the show. I'm into River, but I'm into a lot of guys. I flirt a little bit with Rex here and there.
WEEKLY: Is there a story behind your name? Harris: Danneel is a street
in New Orleans. It's a school, a park and a street. I think my mother must have driven by it every day for work. We used to live in New Orleans. My first name is actually Elta, but I don't go by it. I've always gone by my middle name.
WEEKLY: Is Elta a family name?
Harris: Elta was my great-grandmother's
name. I believe it's French.
WEEKLY: But you've never gone by that?
Harris: No. Would you? No.

End
Old 08-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Riley Smith on TV

Riley Smith will be guest starring on the WB's show, "Summerland", in an episode called, "Yummy Mummy", to first air on Tuesday, August 10, 2004, and again on Monday, August 16. Riley plays a character named, "Tanner". Check your local TV listing for times in your area. See the link below for details.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...2/epid-348736/

Riley's film for Disney, "Motocrossed", will get a repeat showing on the Disney Channel, on August 21st. Also, the film, "Radio", is showing on TV. See the link below for details.

http://www.tv-now.com/stars/rilesmth.html

Last edited by Jojo888; 08-09-2004 at 08:04 PM
Old 09-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

i luv riley smith!!! i like the way is hair look and his face is adorable!!!!

"Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider
But I gotta find out how it feels
I want to know if love is wild, babe I want to know if love is real"
-Bruce Springsteen
leytonforever8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 06:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Summerland Returns to the WB Network

The WB Network's Summerland will return to USA TV in January 2005 with re-runs until the end of February when new episodes of Summerland will be aired for February sweeps week for TV ratings. Riley has a guest starring role as Tanner on this series.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top