Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Luke Mably (from The Prince and Me) #1

I just saw this movie today, and thought it was really cute - but I couldn't get the incredibly gorgeous Luke Mably (who plays Prince Edward 'Eddie' from Denmark) out of my head. Apparently, he's 28, from south London, and....does have a girlfriend. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

But he's still ultra-good-looking and very talented! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Anyone else like him?
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I havent seen the movie yet but Luke does look like a hottie and I like his name too. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sorry double posted [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-11-2004: Message edited blueschild007 ]

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Oh, you should definitely see it, he's very good in the movie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll go hunt for some pics, etc.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also havent seen the movie but it looks really cute. Has Luke Mably been in any other movies?
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

He's been in 28 Days Later, that was his most famous movie. He's also been in "EastEnders", "Holby City", "Dream Team", "In the Beginning", and he'll be in the upcoming Color Me Kubrick. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

He was born March 1st, 1976, in London. There's an interview with him in YM, I'll try and transcribe it.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Here's the YM interview:

"Luke Mably may play a swashbuckling heir to a monarchy in The Prince & Me, but in person he's quite self-deprecating. Getting the 28-year-old Englishman to toot his own horn is about as easy as it is to get Beyoncé Knowles to talk about her love life — nearly impossible. Fortunately, we think humility is very attractive in a man.

In the film, you're quite believable as Prince Edvard "Eddie" Valdemar Dangaard. What types of things did you do to prepare for the role?
Well, I watched any footage I could get of Prince William, and I read a lot of books about him. I really sympathize for the guy now. He was born into a life of rules and protocol and tradition and everything is decided for him. It's almost like a bubble; it doesn't seem like a fun life to have. I also read a lot about table manners and worked with a movement teacher on things like posture.

You're really convincing onscreen as a ladies' man. Is that a role you have in real life?
Um, [uncomfortable pause] I've never really been a ladies' man, but I remember having a crush on a girl and not knowing if she liked me or not. She ended up making the move.

That sounds like a ladies' man to me.
Uh, well I was pretty useless in that department.

How do you normally spend your free time when you aren't wooing women onscreen?
I love to watch scary movies. When I was little, my friend and I used to make home-video equivalents of films like Nightmare on Elm Street and the movie with the little character Chuckie running around and things like that. We took it quite seriously. I still love to watch horror movies. I also have this thing where I like to make masks in my free time. I recently re-created the elephant man mask.

Wow, that's really cool. Are they facemasks à la Phantom of the Opera?
No, I just hang them around my flat. It's nothing really, I'm not very good. I don't really do anything with them once I make them.

Speaking of masks, what types of characters would you like to portray in the future?
Well, I don't know how choosey I can be at this point, but I'd like to cover a whole range of personalities. It excites me to use myself completely, like physically. It's seeing the world through someone else's eyes for a day. I love that. It's too boring just being yourself."
Old 04-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Didn't really liked him at first...maybe it's because of the ladies' man image. But as the movie goes on...he grew on me!

So adorable...so cute! Can't wait for more movies from him!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Ya, I thought he was hot at first, but just didn't like him to much because of the image.. But by the end it was all good....

I thought the movie was ok... It was alot better than I thought it would be... The most cheesy parts were the engagment and the ending.... I would have liked to see more in both places, and less music and pretty stuff... I like girly, but that was just too much for me...
Old 04-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not really a fan of Luke, but i am from Julia so here are some Prince and Me promos:

always2nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

just saw the movie this past weekend and he is so cute, and i love love love his accent!

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the pics! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I'm in the minority, I actually found his "rich boy, ladies man" attitude sexy. LOL. But oh well, I loved him as the movie went on, too. He's lush. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hope to see him in new movies, also. He did well with what The Prince and Me had to offer, too. The movie, like some said, was cheesy at times, but I think Luke did a good job.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I think he did a good job too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Doesn't hurt that he's freaking sexy... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

*Definitely* doesn't hurt! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Does anyone know if he's been on any talk shows?
Old 04-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I've never seen anything that mentioned it, but I'm no pro at finding TV stuff out... I did find a couple online interviews, but that's it.