Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Jude Law #3 - He walks down the streets of Manhattan and stops traffic in Vermont!

Banner made by: csikicksurass22
Welcome to the 2nd Jude Law Appreciation Thread!

Bio:
Jude Law was born December 29, 1972 in south east London. He started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre at the age of 12, and at 17 he dropped out of school completely, to star in a Granada daytime TV Soap called "Families" (1990). In 1992, Jude began his stage career. He starred in many plays throughout London, and was nominated for the Olivier Award of "Outstanding Newcomer." After doing the play "Indiscretions" in London, he moved and did it again on Broadway. This time, he was alongside Kathleen Turner. He then received a Tony Nomination for "Outstanding Supporting Actor." He was then rewarded the Theatre World Award. After Broadway, Jude started on the big screen, in many independent films. His first big named movie was Gattaca (1997), with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. He also had a good role in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997). Jude's latest rise to fame has been because of Talented Mr. Ripley, The (1999), in which he plays Matt Damon's obsession. The film did very well at the box office, and critics loved the acting of Jude. He is also a partner in the production company Natural Nylon. His partners include 'Johnny Lee Miller' , Ewan McGregor, and his wife Sadie Frost. With his production company producing, and Jude acting, his career seems to be on the rise.

Quotes:
"Life is a lesson, isn't it? Our only test is what we choose to learn from it. In my opinion, going through hard times, dark times, especially in relationships, isn't something to use as an excuse to block yourself up, to shy yourself away. It's there to instruct you, guard you. One thing I'm trying to do at the moment – because I realize I haven't spent enough time in my life doing it – is trying to learn to love myself. I've never really given that any thought until this year, and it's really very important."

“I've learned vast amounts in the last year about success and failure, about the need to know your worth. Or you'll be a sucker when everybody else is reaping corn. I hope I'm more realistic than cynical. For all the insults that have been hurled on Generation X, we have a huge capacity to keep going, even though our heroes kill themselves, lovemaking is dangerous and famine and war are everywhere. But I think there are reasons to be optimistic. Hope is nothing if it's not tested."

"It’s movement, it’s certain natural energy that you bring to the part. It’s manipulating that energy. The surprise of how one can adapt to anything - pushing it with or against another actor, the director, the environment. It’s also instinct. Freeing yourself to know that this person, this situation, is going to take you to the places you want to go."

"I honestly have no interest in celebrity whatsoever. If anything, I always cringe at it because it takes away from what I am, which is an actor who wants to be better and do better things."

"I don't want to do anything that I'm not passionate about."

Upcoming/Recent Projects:
My Blueberry Nights (2007)
The Holiday (2006)
Breaking and Entering (2006)
All the King's Men (2006)
Dexterity (2007) ** producer

Pictures:

Last edited by ~*bitterswt*~; 08-30-2006 at 10:39 AM
~*bitterswt*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Post away.

A bit of Jude in the news:
Quote:

Pretty, pretty Jude Law is taking a luxurious beach vacation on St. Martin in the French West Indies. Where might this Apollo be resting his head of golden curls every night?
I saw the commercial for All The King's Men for the first time on TV yesterday. It looks really good!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Nice picture!

Great thread start! I'm excited for all the movies he has coming out. I have this strange fascination with Jude Law movies. I rarely dislike them even if they're not that good.

I think Alfie is a masterpiece! I lovedddddd the original but the new one is so awesome and looks so great. I have watched it so many times.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

A new thread! Love that picture, thanks for posting it

Yeah, I like Alfie too. Haven't seen the original, but I like Jude in that part. He's good and so charming, of course
life_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Nice picture!

Great thread start! I'm excited for all the movies he has coming out. I have this strange fascination with Jude Law movies. I rarely dislike them even if they're not that good.

I think Alfie is a masterpiece! I lovedddddd the original but the new one is so awesome and looks so great. I have watched it so many times.
I have yet to find a picture with Jude Law in it that isn't nice.

Thanks! I'm excited for all his upcoming projects as well. I remember he was in SO many movies around the time Closer, I Love Huckabees, Alfie, etc. came out...one after the other. It seems like he's back to being a very busy man.

Alfie's great. Haven't seen the original though...who played Alfie in it?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Total Fan

He's so hansome, I'm always wondering if he really exists.

As for his films, I like Cold Mountain best - Nicole Kidman were good in this movie, too.
quaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

"I'm always wondering if he really exists" =

CM was a really good movie, sad at the end though. Nicole Kidman's performance was wonderful.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~ (View Post)
"I'm always wondering if he really exists" =
Yes, I can't help.

Well, let's post some pictures of him. One of my favourites:

Old 09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

that picture is pretty cool, yes

He's so handsome it hurts I think it was Michael Caine who played Alfie in the original, or is that his name? Can't remember the name of the guy but somehow I want to believe that's his name
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, it was Michael Caine in the original version...

But I think Jude fits better in the role of "Alfie" than Michael did.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Ohh okay, thanks for answering my question.

No real Jude news today, but here's an article on someone we don't hear of too often: Jude's sister, Natasha Law. There's a nice picture of her and Jude at that link.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Total Fan

Cute... Thanks for the link.

Hey, who's that on your new avatar? Like it!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Is it Milo Ventimiglia? Kinda looks like him.. but I guess I could be wrong

Yay, I remembered Michael's name! I totally agree with you, I think Jude suits better (judging on the looks and all). The funny thing is that Michael totally disliked the new version, and Jude's version of the character. He's crazy I say

His sister is also really pretty. Guess it runs in the family
Old 09-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

It was Milo.

There are new pics of Jude up at this LJ Jude community. They are from the Robert Mapplethorpe Exhibition.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

I was right! Milo's awfully cute by the way

Oh, he's drop dead gorgeous Thanks for posting those, hun!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top