Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 02:13 AM
Absolute Fan

John Cusack #1: I need someone, and that someone is you

The title is from Lloyd's line in Say Anything...- "One question: Do you need someone, or do you need me?" to which the reply is "I need you." (of course, why would she answer anything else!)

From adorable teen romantic...

To sexy leading man...

John is one of those actors who amazes with his talent. He's independent, cares about the craft, and isn't interested in celebrity status- only making great films. Now there's someone I could talk with!

Oh, and this one's for me and Robin [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Too... much.... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] .... [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] .... *dies*

Verbal

[ 05-31-2003: Message edited VerbalKint ]
Old 05-31-2003, 04:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

*sees thread for John Cusack*
*dies of excitement*

Verbal, how much do I love you right now? [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Thanks for starting the thread and the pics! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I absolutely adore John. I love how he chooses roles and characters that are so different each time and challenge him in different ways (Being John Malkovich, anyone? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and how no two characters are ever alike.

My best friend and I make it a point to see every John Cusack movie when it's in theaters. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's nice when you can share your love for such a talented actor with someone. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I'm slowly collecting all his movies on DVD so that I may have a John Cusack movie marathon one day. Hee. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

<-- Really hates "Cannot Find Server" messages as it ate earlier post
Old 05-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I know exactly what you mean! He's such an incredibly talented actor and makes great decisions. Speaking of off-beat roles, have you ever seen The Jack Bull? I watched it last night, and wow. I was never too fond of westerns (but I do love horses), but that movie was amazing!

This morning I watched America's Sweethearts, which was the first John movie I'd ever seen back in 2001 (I know, so deprived!) and I remember now the exact moment I started to love John. When Gwen is complaining about Kiki being moody and Eddie just softly says "You're the Devil". [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
That cracked me up. The love has been growing since then, but it's really exploded lately.

Tonight I'm going to see Identity which I've wanted to see FOREVER [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Verbal
Old 05-31-2003, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

tangled STARR & Verbal: Heya!

I've been a huge John Cusack fan forever. Haven't seen Identity, haven't seen ANY movies in the theatre in almost a year and a half (have a baby and a 60" TV with theatre surround sound which makes it hard to leave!)....

I caught him on Craig Kilborn the other night, well the last bit of it anyway. 5 Questions. He was funny! He couldn't figure out that ________ crisis was Identity Crisis. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Verbal, I have yet to see The Jack Bull, but since you say it's good (as I'm not a fan of westerners, myself), I'll be sure to go to Blockbuster sometime during the week. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My first John Cusack movie was Con Air which, I think, was actually an interesting role for him considering the scope of all his movies. There was this one scene, though, that I distinctly remember where he was jumping into a tractor (or some other type of heavy machinery), that I would watch, rewind, watch again, rewind, and watch again. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Fehrocious, I can see why a 60" TV would help prevent you from leaving the house. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I haven't been out to the movies as often as I use to, either, since we just had satellite put in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I didn't get a chance to catch him on Kilborn - I didn't know he was on! (Although a friend of mine did know, and he didn't even bother to tape it for me!) But I did get to see him on Conan when he was on promoting Identity. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Both times he was on Conan, though, it was funny because Conan brought up the fact that John seems to get rained on in a lot of his movies (Identity, Say Anything, and High Fidelity just to name a few) and then showed clips from a few of his movies where he gets raind on. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 05-31-2003: Message edited tangled STARR ]
Old 05-31-2003, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tangled STARR:
Fehrocious, I can see why a 60" TV would help prevent you from leaving the house. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I haven't been out to the movies as often as I use to, either, since we just had satellite put in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
[/QB]
I've been wanting to get one for a while, but I can never decide with what company to go with. I want a receiver that has TiVo also...
Old 06-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] He was on Kilborn and I missed it? Aw, shucks...

I remembered him being on The Daily Show when Identity was released. THAT was hillarious. I watch that show almost every day, and he was honestly one of the best guests ever. He and Jon Stewart were just chatting like no one was watching them. The best part, though, was when Cusack came in Stewart goes, "Uh, John, there's a woman up there who I was talking to before the show, and she... loves you." *laughing* "No, I'm not kidding! She wants to marry you! So, will you?"
And Cusack looks up toward where Stewart was pointing, shields his eyes from the stage lights and is like, "Let's see, will I ma- Oh! Yes I will!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It was such a nice thing to do for a fan. But now I hate that woman (whoever she was) [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Oh my gosh, the whole standing in the rain thing! YES! I'm glad someone else noticed that. Seriously, I have this thing with many of my fav celebs having little film 'conspiracies' (Harrison Ford gets his left arm hurt, Ed Norton wears wife beaters) and it immediately came to my attention that John is always standing around in the pouring rain [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Which is nice [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So Identity was awesome. I'm into thrillers, grew up on Hitchcock and all, and this one was great. I figured it out half way through, but that's just because of my own research. The end still had me guessing as to who exactly was the killer (if you've seen it, you know what I mean), but I had it narrowed down to about 3 possibilities. Anyway, my brother went with me and afterwards we (both of us want to be directors) were chattering on about all the elements of it...

So my mom's just like "How was the movie?" And we said it was good. Then she goes "How was Kevin?" My brother and I just looked at each other, then looked at her and gave her a 'where have you been look?' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Obviously, she never saw any trailers for the movie and couldn't remember who was in it. She just reverted to the 'must be a Kevin movie if Rachel wants to see it' principle [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Then she was like "No, I meant Ed..." and we kept giving her the look. Finally, she asked who it was that was in it that I wanted to see and I'm like, "Well, John Cusack... and John C. McGinley..." and then she remembered, because at least she's a Scrubs fan [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] What I want to know is, why can't I want to see a movie just because I think it looks good? I wanted to see it before I knew Cusack was in it... on a side note, there are too many people named John [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Final note- I have a 60" Tv and surround sound as well, but how many feet is a movie theatre screen? That's what I thought. My John's bigger than your John [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Verbal

[ 06-01-2003: Message edited VerbalKint ]
Old 06-01-2003, 01:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Fehrocious, we're using Direct right now, and so far, they've been quite the lovely company. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And TiVo, I definitely need to get my hands on one.

Verbal, I noticed that he got rained on quite a bit, too! Of course, I don't mind it myself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (And now that I think about it, Edward Norton does wear wife beaters quite a bit... interesting.) You want to be a director? That's oh so very cool. May I ask what made you decide on this career choice?

Quote:
Originally posted by VerbalKint:
It was such a nice thing to do for a fan. But now I hate that woman (whoever she was) [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Lucky woman! (Note to self: If ever going on a talk show and John is a guest, make sure to find a way to make some kind of contact with him. On screen. Hee.)

Identity was definitely very good. I'm planning on seeing if I can see it again by taking friends who have yet to see it.

On relatives who don't seem to know who's in what movie: my brother's the same way. In fact, when we went to go see Finding Nemo last night, we saw a banner for Pirates of the Carribean that showed Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Geoffrey Rush on it. He and another friend saw Geoffrey Rush and immediately said, "Gandalf!" Needless to say, I was embarrased.

Quote:
Originally posted by VerbalKint:
I have a 60" Tv and surround sound as well, but how many feet is a movie theatre screen? That's what I thought. My John's bigger than your John [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

[ 06-01-2003: Message edited tangled STARR ]
Old 06-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 06-01-2003, 01:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Wow [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Nice pics, I'll be taking those, thank-you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm mad because my av was all pretty until I had to optimize it for it to work on FF. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] Now I have to work on a different one that's clearer *sigh*

How did I decide to become a director? Well, more accurately a writer/director. The writing has always been something I've done, and I knew that whatever I did, I would have to write anyway. As for directing... well, as a kid I was always advanced in my taste of movies [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] When I was 12, my favourite movies included greats such as Psycho and The Sting. I was always interested in them. Then at 14 1/2 I saw The Usual Suspects because my brother told me I'd like it. Boy, did I. Not only did it lead me to become a totaly Spacey freak (good thing [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), it kind of signified my journey into the world of real film, you know? Anyway, I had wanted to be a doctor, but I'm not nice enough. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Film is my favourite thing, and my bro's too. He's trying to decide if he wants to be a writer/director also. He thinks we'd make a good brother-sister team, which would be cool, because we have the exact same tastes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Verbal
Old 06-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sandi, thanks for posting the pics! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
*right clicks and saves pics*

Verbal, I love your av and sig. It's very lovely. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And it's awesome the way you decide to become a writer/director. And if you end up teaming up with your brother, that would be very John/Joan Cusack-esque. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-02-2003: Message edited tangled STARR ]
Old 06-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You know, one of the things I loved right off the bat about John is how he almost always has someone from his family involved in his films. I think it's great that his family's success is still important to him. How nice [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

What are some things you love about John? Something I love is how tall he is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice that some of my favourite men are only a few inches taller than me (I'm 5'8"), but John's got me by 7! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It aides his whole protective man kind of thing... like I loved how in Identity, everyone kind of looks to him to be in charge right from the beginning.

Verbal
Old 06-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree about John involving family in his work. It's awesome because I can't think of any other actor off the top of my head who's worked with their family to the point that he has. Well, both family and Jeremy Piven. I love those two together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

One of the things I love about John (besides being just an all around talented actor/writer) is his hair. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm realizing right now exactly how superficial that is, but I just love his hair - he's got absolutely great hair. The other thing is his voice. It just absolutely kills me. He's got such an amazing voice. Onto non-superficial things, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'd have to say the presence he exudes when he's on stage. He's just gives off this... aura.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Piven! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] He's such a good sidekick to John. Oh so funny.

I know what you mean about his voice. Especially when it's all serious and deep and even. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] And his hair is awesome. I love dark hair. I'm a blonde, so it compliments me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But you're absolutely right about his presence. He just kind of demands your attention, doesn't he? So enchanting.

I love the fact that he's a writer, because of wanting to be a writer/director. Not only that, but the things he's worked on are awesome! I mean, Grosse Pointe Blank is one of my favourite films of his, and he wrote that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Verbal
Old 06-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Awesome! I love this guy. He's the type of guy I usually go for.