Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2003, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

James Dean (Feb 8, 1931 - Sept 30, 1955) #1 - The Original Rebel Without A Cause

I hope there are other Dean fans out there to talk about the man, the legend, the films...everything!

His life was short, but in his brief time on earth James Dean manage to tap to the youth of the 1950's in a way that nobody else has been able to replicate.

I'm seeing two Dean movies and will be looking for "Giant" before school starts! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

May 23rd: New title quote taken from
here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited Sara Grissom ]

Last edited by LaraCroft01; 05-29-2008 at 01:13 PM
LaraCroft01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Woohoo another James Dean fan! I started one a long time ago and people came for a while and then just stopped coming and the thread dissapeared.

I am a huge James Dean fan and have been since I saw that TNT movie with James Franco as Dean on tv. It's really good and inspired me to know more about Dean. I've seen all 3 of his main movies. I love East of Eden the best but now that I want to buy it, I can't find it anywhere!

[img]smilies/rose.gif[/img] audrey [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Extreme Fan

james franco and james dean are hot! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
heaths girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] James Dean

I was really obsessed with him for a while. He is probably my favorite actor ever. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My favorite couple Jimmy and Pier [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

[ 01-03-2003: Message edited angelfallon ]

* mallory *
angelfallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] James Dean! I've seen Rebel Without a Cause and Giant. I have yet to see East of Eden. I find him fascinating- I'm intrigued by any scandal or mystery, and his story is amazing. It's so sad what happened to him...but it's all a part of his legend. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for starting the thread. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm a big James Dean-Fan. I saw "Rebel Without a Cause" and I was so excited about his acting. He was a very impressive and great actor.
And I will never forget how sexy he was [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And miles to go before I sleep.
*MaJendra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Does someone have a picture of that radio producer...?

You know the one who doscovered him and the one everyone thinks he dates... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Peetch Mälba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's great that there's a thread to the amazing actor that is James Dean! Words can't express what I think of him, he was definately a one of a kind person and actor.

I actually spend Christmas lunch watching a DVD on Jimmy: "Hollywood Classics". Very good stuff.

My fave James movie was "Rebel".

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Brekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Yay people responded! I wasn't sure if I was going to get a response, but I am happy that people did! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

I didn't see the last half of "Giant" because I ran out of time, (I went to see The Two Towers for a second time), then the next day I had to leave Vancouver to go back to school on Vancouver Island! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Angeli_Dean - Let's make sure this thread doesn't dissapeare! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I saw that movie with Franco, and it was good! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Did you look on Amazon, or ebay for a copy of East of Eden? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

heaths girl - I totally agree! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

angelfallon - Thanks for the pics! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Are you still obbessed with him? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

*Shannon* - You are welcome for starting this thread! [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img] I am also intrigued by scandal and mystery, and while it is awful what happened to him you are totally right when you say that it is part of his mystery! Someone said that perhaps the best career move he ever did was die! What do you think? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

East of Eden is great! I only saw the first part of Giant, but so far I like EE better! A must of a Dean fan! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*MaJendra* - Thanks for the pics! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Peach Melba - Are you looking for a pic of his agent? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Brekkon - He was definatly an awesome actor! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What's on this "Hollywood Classics" tape? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here's what's on the Hollywood Classics DVD:
DVD 1:
"Hill Number One"
"I Am A Fool"
DVD 2:
"The James Dean Story"
"The Bells Of Cockaigne"
I grabbed it a couple of months ago for only 30 bucks, so I was pleased about that.

I watched "James Dean" (the movie with James Franco]) about a month ago when it aired here, and at first I was a bit sceptical to whether James F could pull it off, but by the end of the movie he won me over.

Glad to see many people still [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] and admire this amazing man!

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Brekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Hey Brekkon ! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

It's great to see a Dean fan here on FF! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Is that "Hollywood Classics" DVD all about James Dean? Does every program have something about him on it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I saw James F in "Spider-Man" before I saw him in the James Dean movie, plus I had read an article about him that asks "James Dean reincarnated?" So I wasn't worried about whether or not he would be able to pull off the role! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

James and Pier are my favorite couple too, hence my name angeli_dean. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

yeah Amazon.com doesn't have East of Eden right now and the used copies are very expensive. I'll just wait a little longer to see if I can get a better price first. I adore the movie...

I went to this 50's inspired store (heaven for me!) and got a license plate with a pic of Dean that says 4 EVR COOL on it. and my sisters got me a clock shaped like a guitar with a picture of him on it for christmas. I love so many things from the 50's! James, Marilyn, I love Lucy ect.

Since the James Dean story on TNT, i've started to follow James Franco's carrer because I just know he's really gonna just get more and more popular as time goes on. A lot of critics compare him to James Dean. There are simularities obviously, but i don't think it's fair for them to expect such ability as Dean had in every role Franco does.

[img]smilies/rose.gif[/img] Audrey [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Audrey - I am totally slow! I didn't get your screen name until now! [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] But now that I do, I totally think its [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I hope you are able to find a good copy of "East of Eden" that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

In what I've seen him in, Franco does appear to be a good actor, but you are totally right, it isn't fair to expect him to be as good as Dean with every role that he takes! Dean is in a catagory all his own- he had the gift of acting, and was an amazing actor! Franco definatly has the potential to be as good as Dean, and I hope he acheieves it! He did a great job playing Dean and was good in "Spider-Man"! Franco will get bigger as time goes on, especially in the way he chooses his projects (he said something about wanting projects with substance)! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The 50's were cool, lots of interesting things pop culture wise emergered from that period! Sounds like you were in heaven on X-Mas day! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angeli_Dean:
James and Pier are my favorite couple too, hence my name angeli_dean. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]
I think they were really beautiful together. I just bought a biography about Pier Angeli from BarnesandNobles and it talks a lot about their relationship and about how much they loved each other. It's cute.

Quote:

I went to this 50's inspired store (heaven for me!) and got a license plate with a pic of Dean that says 4 EVR COOL on it. and my sisters got me a clock shaped like a guitar with a picture of him on it for christmas. I love so many things from the 50's! James, Marilyn, I love Lucy ect.
Okay I love the 50s too. The music, the movies, all that good stuff. I once went to an oldies store and bought and Marilyn Monroe doll that sings "I wanna be loved by you" and her skirt blows up like it did in that famous clip from "The Seven Year Itch". Mostly I collect like coffe table books that have pictures of classic stars and I have one book that's dedicated to James Dean pictures entirely. Very droolworthy.

LaraCroft01- yeah, I'd say I'm still pretty obsessed. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

* mallory *
Old 01-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

James Franco and James Dean

I think James Franco did a really good job in his protrayal of James Dean so I think it's understandable that people are always comparing them. Will he become a legend like James Dean, I dunno but that leads me to an interesting question. Do you guys think James Dean would have still been the legend he is today had he not died so young???

Pictures from my favorite James Dean Movie Rebel Without A Cause co-starring my favorite classic movie actress Natalie Wood !:

[ 01-21-2003: Message edited angelfallon ]

* mallory *
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top