Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Graham Chapman our favourite looney. Oh DON'T stop the sketch!

Announcing the new thread for the great Dr. Graham Chapman! Cambridge educated with advanced genius, out of sheer boredom I should think, attained a Medical degree. This guy, much different from the OTHER Pythons, had a way of acting by not acting and creating his characters by letting the characters become himself in many ways.
His early achievments included him joining the Cambridge Footlights review with fellow future Python John Cleese with whom he began writing regularly. Their partnership carried over into writing for the BBC in the mid 1960's writing for David Frost and Marty Feldman. The first established pre-Python writing project became "At Last The 1948 Show" with Cleese, Chapman, Feldman and fellow Footlights alumnist Tim Brooke-Taylor.

In 1969 Chapman and Cleese teamed up with Michael Palin, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam, all from "Do Not Adjust Your Set" and began a group effort form a show that would change the face of stuffy establishment forever. To this day no one has been able to touch it. Monty Pythons Flying Circus.

Chapman was a spokesman for Gay rights as he was openly gay. His closest friends included that of Keith Moon, Harry Nilsson, Ringo Starr and Douglas Adams (yes, the sci-fi writer) and partner from 1966 till Garhams death, David Sherlock.
In 1980 he published a memoir unusually called "A Liar's Autobiography"
Besides homosexuality in his personal life Graham, untill 1978, suffered greatly of alcoholism.
In 1988 he, by all accidental means during a dental checkup, Graham was diagnosed with a rare spinal cancer that led to his death in 1989.

I want to celebrate the life of the Great Dr. Chapman as he was my first love in Python. I mean c'mon, those eyes. You can't say no to THOSE eyes
So dish out the goods on the fabulous Grey!

Graham and David Sherlock

Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Awesome!!!

YouTube - Remembering Graham Chapman (2006) - Part 1/2
YouTube - Remembering Graham Chapman (2006) - Part 2/2

As Biggus Dickus

They all look pretty good here.
"I think my favourite comedy is like poetry in a way. Browning said a metaphor is if you take two completely disparate ideas and you put them together and instead of getting a third idea you get a star. And that is what humour can be -- you get ideas together and you make not a star but a laugh." - Terry Jones
Ya_Big_Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread :-) The last pic makes me laugh :-) And that video with all of them is talking about him very sad :-(
sanna_o75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's about time eh? Let me dig up some more pics from the Cambridge years that I have in my collection. I do have some of the Footlights era somewhere.

On that note I will say that Graham was the first eye-opener of attractivness of the Pythons as he does stand out among them in so many ways He had that quality, you know what I mean? The particular demeanor that carried him and his characters.
I don't know.
As a whole though, Michael is the perfect man I wish there was more of him to go around
Old 05-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Welcome guys. I'll add this to the Board Guide.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker (View Post)
Welcome guys. I'll add this to the Board Guide.
Thanks again DreamWalker
Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He was a good looking man, I agree with that. I watched one of his last interviews, and he's very charming too. Very dry subtle English humor

Quote:
As a whole though, Michael is the perfect man I wish there was more of him to go around
Haha, that made me laugh :-) But it's true, though :-)
sanna_o75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay!! The Graham thread is here. Gotta love the posted pictures and intervies from the other Pythons. Yep, Graham is the first one I really noticed. Like I said, something about that blond hair and gorgeous eyes. I've even had a naughty dream about him, but I won't reveal details. Here's one of my favorite pics.

and here's the colonal...

YouTube - Monty Python - Army Protection Racket
Old 05-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

One of my favourite Graham and John
YouTube - Monty Python - Art Gallery

the young and handsome Graham
YouTube - At Last The 1948 Show - Shirt Sketch

on alcoholism and politics of acting
YouTube - Graham Chapman interviewed on Grampian TV 1987

all three spanning from 1966 to 1970 to 1987(interview)

Love this man
Old 05-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

YouTube - Monty Python - Flying Lessons
One of my fave sketches with Graham and Terry Jones.
"I think my favourite comedy is like poetry in a way. Browning said a metaphor is if you take two completely disparate ideas and you put them together and instead of getting a third idea you get a star. And that is what humour can be -- you get ideas together and you make not a star but a laugh." - Terry Jones
Ya_Big_Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya_Big_Jonesy (View Post)
YouTube - Monty Python - Flying Lessons
One of my fave sketches with Graham and Terry Jones.
LOVE that sketch. So freakin hilareous!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:30 AM
New Fan

the most handsome Python, in classic beauty sort of way. We all have our preferences, but I think no one would argue that Gray was a beautiful man. And he had beautiful voice too.
When I started watching Python (long time ago), I kind of never noticed him specially (John and Eric stood out for me at the time), funny thing, because the man is a beauty.
I love him. For me he is kind of divinity. Divine creature.
Fave moments : Flying Lessons (yeah !!!), Raymond Luxury-Yacht (both sketches), Biggles, Penguin on the TV, Brian and a lot more.

Last edited by Kisch; 05-18-2008 at 05:08 AM
Kisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisch (View Post)
the most handsome Python, in classic beauty sort of way. We all have our preferences, but I think no one would argue that Gray was a beautiful man. And he had beautiful voice too.
When I started watching Python (long time ago), I kind of never noticed him specially (John and Eric stood out for me at the time), funny thing, because the man is a beauty.
I love him. For me he is kind of divinity. Divine creature.
Fave moments : Flying Lessons (yeah !!!), Raymond Luxury-Yacht (both sketches), Biggles, Penguin on the TV, Brian and a lot more.
As I stated before he was my first love of the Pythons. I must agree with you in that he was definately a classic beauty. You hit that one for sure! He was in some ways. The eyes

But as a realist I had to come to terms with the fact that the guy is no more Ceased to be

Michael is HOT!!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's a good picture from LOB, Lady April. There is another pic from that same movie where Graham is laying on his back with his hands behind his head, asleep. He has really pretty eyelashes. If I could ever find that pic again, I'll post it here, as it's one of my favorites.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

OOOOOOO I wanna see the pic of Grey sleeping
I also very much love the rather ditinguished Graham