Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Eric Millegan Appreciation Thread #1: Because he's Zack Addy!

Hi all!

I looked and couldn't find an already existing thread for Eric, so I thought I'd start one because he more than deserves it!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the name, here's a little info!

Quote:
Eric is currently starring as the genius forensic anthropologist Dr. Zack Addy in FOX's hit detective drama, "Bones," now in its third season.

Though a relative newcomer, Eric has already worked on some of television's biggest shows. He has appeared on the huge NBC hit "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and Sidney Lumet's A&E courtroom drama "100 Centre Street." On film, he starred in the erotic independent film "On_Line" (directed by Jed Weintrob), which was the Official Selection of the Berlin Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, and Cinequest Film Festival. He also starred in "The Phobic" which recently premiered at the Screamfest Horror Film Festival in Los Angeles.

Before making his break in Los Angeles, Eric had a successful ten year career in the theater. Employing what Variety called "winning stage presence and a sweet, melodious tenor," he starred as Harold opposite Oscar winner Estelle Parsons in the world premiere of Harold & Maude: The Musical at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey. His New York theater credits include the Broadway revival of Jesus Christ Superstar, the Encores presentation of Hair at City Center (in which he sang the "Aquarius" solo), and the New York premiere of Dead Man Walking at Lincoln Center. He has played lead roles in workshops and readings of The Wayside Inn (directed by Jason Moore), Uncle Broadway, Barry Mann & Cynthia Weil's Mask (directed by Richard Maltby Jr.), the Off-Broadway hit Altar Boyz, and the current Broadway hit Spring Awakening (directed by Michael Mayer). His regional theater experience includes roles at the Guthrie Theater, Cincinnati Playhouse In the Park, and The Repertory Theater of St. Louis. Recently, during the holidays, Eric starred as Frederic in Gilbert & Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance at the Silva Concert Hall at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts in Eugene, Oregon.

His diverse career has also included playing a dancing polar bear in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in Myrtle Beach, writing a sports column (which was quoted on CNN and CNNSI) as "The Fan" of the Portland Trail Blazers for OregonLive.com, hosting "Broadway La Cage" in Atlantic City, and singing "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch at Shea Stadium following which the Mets exploded for six consecutive runs. He currently plays in the NBA Entertainment League and writes for the Court Reporters on NBA.com.

Eric is an alum of the Interlochen Arts Camp and holds a B.F.A degree in musical theater from The University of Michigan. In New York City, he has studied acting with Eric Loeb and singing with Liz Caplan. He currently resides in Los Angeles.

Bones S1 screen caps

Eric on his favorite Bones episode
"The Christmas episode. It made me cry three times. It was funny and touching and the
case was involving as well."

Eric on comparing himself to Zack
"Hm. I skipped the 7th grade. I was Valedictorian in high school. So I suppose I’m smart.
But I’m not nearly as smart as Zack. Nor am I as stupid as him. I know what "take a hint"
means."

Bones S2 screen caps

Eric on Zack's shocking finale twist on Bones
"He's not so much a bad guy. He's more a victim of brainwashing. It's Zack's intelligence
that got in the way, because Gormogon rationalized [his cause] with him."

Eric on his post-Bones plans
"In terms of returning next season, they didn't kill my character, and they could have. So
the fact that my character's still alive certainly leaves the door open for a return. And you
never know if they're going to do it or not, but I would say there's a good possibility. Otherwise
I'll be auditioning for television and film projects, and I hope to get another project soon that I
can tell you all about."

Bones S3 screen caps

What Other's Have to Say About Eric

“As Dr. Zack Addy on Fox's Bones, Millegan dons a lab coat and sports a vocabulary that gives Stephen Hawking a run for the money. In doing so, he has quite possibly earned the title of prime time TV's sexiest geek.” - Jenny Sherwin, AfterElton.com

“....Zack, the mild-mannered brainiac—delicately and winningly played by Eric Millegan....” - Matt Roush, TV Guide

“(Millegan's performance as Zack in the second season finale)...is
probably one of the most honest depictions of what someone
goes through when given the option of performing their duty
in a war zone.” - Richard Keller, TV Squad

“Eric Millegan made a captivating debut at Sterling’s
Upstairs at Vitello’s... grabbed hold of his audience with his eclectic
opener ‘I’m So Tired’ and never let down...his fluid vocal
range served him admirably, as did his humorously quirky in-between
song comments, boyish good looks and irrepressible
charm - all blended sublimely to create a very entertaining
evening.” - Don Grigware, ReviewPlays.com

....the baby-faced, shaggy-haired Millegan handles his songs
with considerable assurance, a leading man in the making.
- Michael Kuchwara, Associated Press

Shippers
1. Applebehrygrl23
2. Enigma
3. Purple Nurple

Zack Clip of the Moment

Eric Interview of the Moment

Last edited by Augusta; 08-06-2008 at 05:11 PM
Augusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Eric is wonderful! I'll never forgive Bones for what they did to his character. I'm totally mad and unsure if I'll tune in this Fall.

This guy is so talented! He can do anything. I'm looking forward to see what he's doing next.

Great OP!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the thread.

I'm a fan.

And yep, I'm pretty upset about the whole thing too.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

I know it, don't even get me started on what they did to his character... I'm actually debating whether or not to watch this season. It won't be the same, that's for sure. They made a big mistake doing what they did.

And I agree, Eric is super talented! I think he's going to do some Broadway, but I honestly have no idea. Hopefully he finds something somewhere that'll appreciate him and his talents!

I'm so glad people are posting on here! Let me know if any of you guys want me to start an appreciation thread!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Eric is amazing and I still can't believe what they did with his character on Bones. He was the reason why I watched Bones.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

^ He was mine too
Old 07-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes, add me to the list please.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
Yes, add me to the list please.
Added you to the list
Old 07-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me to the list too please.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Added.

I love your quote and icon too btw
I hear Heath knocked that role outta the park
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Anyone here?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

I guess most people visit his thread on the Bones board.

Do you have any news?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

I don't think people visit there much either

And no news that I know of. I think Eric is enjoying his time off and auditioning for other projects.

Maybe someone cam help me out... I'm trying to add video clips to the first post. But I have no idea how to add a video on there without just putting a link; Like I want the actual video to appear, not just the link to where it can be found. I've asked in the past people on the OTH board, but no one answers my replies. I'm just looking for some pointers.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awww. Yeah, some of the people I like don't have that big of fandoms either. Always makes me sad since I like talking about my faves.

He probably is.

All I know about videos is You Tube. You use the code [*yt] [*/yt] and just take out the stars. Inbetween the tags you use the You Tube code in the link.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top