Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Discussion: The hardest part of being a "celebrity" #1

Yes, some of them have lots of money and live comfortably but you have to admit that being a celebirty or a famous person can't be all that perfect.

In your opinion, what is the hardest part?

Derek Jeter is a incredibly famous athlete yet he has managed to keep most of his private life private and I really love him for that. But he's one of the so very few. Brad Pitt on the other hand may be too famous for his own good. Lucky for him is mostly love that people have for him, at least for now.

I can't believe some of the things that famous people have to deal with in full view of the public. It must be embarrassing and depressing to have a bad hair day exposed in front pages everywhere! Everyone knowing you cheated or that your partner cheated on you, some mug shot being on every tv screen, sex tapes, etc!

Truth be told sometimes its the only way some of those people get any publicity but when its unwanted, it must be hell!

Not to mention having to do interview shows (Larry King, Today show, Jay Leno, The View, etc...) which can be SO damn awkward! I would NEVER do one of those, not that I'd be in any position to, mind you! I don't watch shows like that because I get nervous for people, especially when they're not very funny and nobody laughs at their jokes. I get all embarrassed for them.

What do you think?
Old 06-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stardom certainly is a hard thing to deal with. It has to be overwhelming. And the paparazzi are absolutely insane at times. But it's all apart of the territory. You can't have the career and not the fame. It goes hand in hand. I realize that it's an intrusive industry, but I hate to hear celebrities bitch and moan about all the attention. It's like, how terrible can your life be when you're making millions of dollars and traveling the world?! You don't want to be seen and photographed, then stay your ass home and don't work. It's not like they're in dire need of the extra money anyway.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Exactly. Also, there are many celebs who just refuse to discuss their personal lives. When they are doing the promoting for their next big movie, they can limit the discussion to be solely about their current project. They can simply refuse to discuss their private lives. I have seen that work very well with many still famous celebs.

I love how Beyonce and Jay-Z refuse to discuss in public their relationship. Although we all know they are very much together, b.c the paprazzi have zillions of photos of them vacationing together and such, they're always so coy when asked about their relationship. It is so cute and it gets the nosey press off their backs.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
New Fan

Marrying a Celebrity Of Hollywood

The celebrities of Hollywood are normal human beings they just work hard and earn a living.The world outside can not understand and think that they are artificial people
What we see is acting stars on the television screen and they act what the Directors tell them to do is just an entertainment.And they don's have to be the same as they
appear on screen. As a celebrity usually runs from paparazzi cameras and crews they like privacy in their personal life's. What ever they do becomes talk of the town Their life is an open chapter to all the mass media. All the time the fans are inquisitive about the latest news of their favorite actors in Hollywood. The acting
star's like to dine out and go shopping but its exciting to see them out with their fans and enjoying the day from movies. They can like somebody outside of the celebrity media its natural to express your interests. Some celebrities are outgoing well dressed and like to be friendly to their loved ones and fans and can even marry
but other celebrities are submissive, and casual. So its their life and they can get married to who ever the super star's feels like. Marrying a celebrity is a great thing
as they are cultured and respectable people.

Farah

Last edited by flower500; 04-10-2010 at 11:05 AM
Old 12-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

As far as the papaeazzi and celebs go, it's much more of a symbiotic relationship then most people seem to know or if they do know they hand wave it away.

95% of the 'casual' photos of celebs or of celebs with bad hair or dressed like a slob or picking their nose or whatever aren't gotcha jobs whetre the paparazzi just miraculously just happened to be driving by and ZOMG THERE IS (insert celeb) PICKING THEIR THONG OUT OF THEIR ASS AND THEN SMELLING AND LICKING THEIR FINGERS!!!!! and the paps pulls in pulls out their cameras and gets the shot.

No.

What happens is the celebs publicist and sometimes the celeb themself call the pap and say (insert celeb) will be at (insert place at insert time) and the paps show up and wha la the celeb is there. That's how it works nowadays.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Like others sad: paparazzi can be a problem (it depends on how famous the caleb is).
And of course: rumors and articles in magazines, then sometimes they quote them wrong...
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-16-2015, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

how they have to often clarify what they've said and why after it's often misunderstood