Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Believer (View Post)
He does. It's called Beastly.
What's it about?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I'm reading right now and it's based on a modern version of Beauty and the Beast.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Alex is at #35 on Britain's top 50 most eligible bachelors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
What's it about?
So far the only known cast members are Mary-Kate, Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens, and Neil Patrick Harris. Alex is the main lead playing Kyle/Adrian, Vanessa is playing the love interest, Mary-Kate is playing the witch and Neil is playing a blind tutor

ET preview of Beastly on the set... airs Monday 6/22

Quote:
It's official! Vanessa Hudgens has a new man in her life.

Yes, she's still dating Zac Efron, but I can exclusively reveal that 19-year-old British actor Alex Pettyfer has been cast to star opposite Hudgens in Beastly, a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast, for CBS Films.

Directed by Daniel Barnz, Beastly is based on Alex Flinn's novel of the same name. Shooting begins this summer in Montreal.

A child model turned actor, Pettyfer's credits include Wild Child opposite Emma Roberts and Stormbreaker.
Vanessa Hudgens Getting Beastly With British Boy - E! Online

Quote:
Daniel Barnz, who is adapting and directing a film version of Alex Flinn's novel Beastly, said that the movie could be the next Twilight. It may not have the following of Stephenie Meyer's series of vampire novels, but it deals with a teen perspective on the fantastical Beauty and the Beast story.

"It is a studio film that's a kind of dark teen romance," Barnes said in a group interview last week in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his debut feature film, Phoebe in Wonderland. "It's sort of a curious mixture of Juno, Twilight and Say Anything. The premise is this incredibly magnetic good-looking 17-year-old guy is transformed into somebody who is hideously ugly and must find love in order to reverse that. So there are shades of Beauty and the Beast in it."

Barnz is still casting the project for CBS Films. "We're shooting it this spring, so we're just beginning preproduction," he said.

Barnz anticipates bringing an indie sensibility to Flinn's story. "It's a very commercial idea that I get to tell in a highly artistic fashion," he said. "There are certain elements of kind of fable which intersect with that one as well, so it's kind of a great next project."

Phoebe in Wonderland also deals with a world of fantasy. Phoebe, suffering from undiagnosed Tourette's syndrome, escapes into the world of Alice in Wonderland. Barnz explained his continuing theme of fantasy in Beastly.

"I think I've always been just drawn to magical realism in film," Barnz said. "Some of my favorite films have that element to it. Heavenly Creatures was a huge inspiration. But I think because I had such a kind of rich, imaginary world when I was a kid, that always just felt like that was what you'd want to include in stories. Now that I have children, I feel it sort of doubly so." Beastly is scheduled for release in 2010.
Director: Beastly is the next Twilight | SCI FI Wire

Marilyn

Last edited by |Sweet Disposition|; 06-21-2009 at 02:17 AM
Old 06-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

Ooops... sorry for the double post
Marilyn
Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I'm so looking forward to watching the preview.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

PREVIEW

I am soo excited for this movie

I usually like the book better than the movie but for Beastly... I think I will be liking the movie better
Marilyn

Last edited by |Sweet Disposition|; 06-22-2009 at 11:43 AM
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Alex is looking so good, cant wait to see this
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Here is a more indepth description of his role and the movie itself

Quote:
Alex Pettyer First Photo from Beastly
Posted By: Michael

Alex Pettyfer will be starring alonside Vanessa Hudgens in an upcoming film called BEASTLY being made by CBS films. Below is your first look at the film and Alex as The Beast. It is a retelling of the classic tale Beauty & The Beast

“Beastly” is an edgy teen romance about learning how to see past false surfaces to discover true inner beauty. Kyle Kingson (Alex Pettyfer) has it all – looks, intelligence, wealth and opportunity – and a wicked cruel streak. Prone to mocking and humiliating “aggressively unattractive” classmates, he zeroes in on Goth classmate Kendra, inviting her to the school’s extravagant environmental bash. Kendra accepts, and, true to form, Kyle blows her off in a particularly savage fashion. She retaliates by casting a spell that physically transforms him into everything he despises. Enraged by his horrible and unrecognizable appearance he confronts Kendra and learns that the only solution to the curse is to find someone that will love him as he is – a task he considers impossible.

Repulsed by his appearance, Kyle’s callous father banishes him to Brooklyn with a sympathetic housekeeper and blind tutor. As Kyle ponders how to overcome the curse and get his old life back, he chances upon a drug addict in the act of killing a threatening dealer. Seizing the opportunity, Kyle promises the addict freedom and safety for his daughter, Lindy (Vanessa Hudgens) if she will consent to live in Kyle’s Brooklyn home. Thus begins Kyle’s journey to discover true love in this hyper-modern retelling of the classic “Beauty and the Beast” story.

Alex Pettyer First Photo from Beastly - MoviesOnline

Here's a picture of him on-set and more at JJJ

Vanessa Hudgens & Alex Pettyfer: Beastly Buds | Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens | Just Jared Jr. - JJJ
Marilyn

Last edited by |Sweet Disposition|; 06-23-2009 at 11:00 PM
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for all the news.

He looks so handsome.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Believer (View Post)
Thanks for all the news.

He looks so handsome.
ohh can i be add to the list i think his brillant can't wait for Beastly plus if there is ever a movie on the books mortal instument series i think his the best guy to play the charater Jace plz can i be added
Old 07-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I don't think there is a fan list

There is going to be a movie based on TMI series and I agree that he would be so perfect as Jace Wayland

Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 PM
New Fan

hi girls my name is rachel and i am also a fan of alex and van. if you want to know more about beastly than i sugguest you girls go on team hudgens. they have a alex thread all about him if you girls like vanessa that is if you don't like her than just visit alex thread on there
Here with you here with me
Old 07-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for letting us now

There are new pics of Alex here
Old 08-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with the title. He is such a babe
Looking forward to Beastly.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Me, too

I really hope he has more movies after Beastly.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top