Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Which Actors Do You Think Are Underated? #1

This thread is a place for people to post actors they think don't get the props they deserve.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

good idea... lets see.

Alexis Denisof! definately. This man is the most talented actor in Buffyverse in my opinion. And he's always being pushed into the shadows behind the other males on the show. ie David Boreanaz and now James Marsters.

Christopher Meloni - great actor who doesn't get any recognition for his work.

I'll have to think of more at a later date.

[ 11-15-2003: Message edited justsmile ]
Old 11-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

James Franco...
he hasn't been given his big break yet. i always wished that he was cast as spiderman instead of tobey maguire

[ 11-15-2003: Message edited ILuvTheChad ]
*t a r a* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with all the actors mentioned so far.

Don Cheadle is my favorite actor but most people have never head of him. He was in Ocean's 11, Boogie Nights, Family Man, and Traffic.

Old 11-17-2003, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

My Nicky Katt. He is so talented and is such a great actor, yet no one really recognizes him. He's more of those 'Hey, that guy looks familiar' actors.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:32 PM
New Fan

I have so many choices for this topic, so I'm just going to tell you my choices, and there are a lot of them
1)Gael Garcia Bernal=(self-explanatory)
(if anyone saw y tu mama tambien, they'll know what I'm talking about with 1 and 2)
2)Diego Luna=(again self-explanatory)
3)Ryan Gosling= if you forget about justin, j.c. and britney from the new mickey mouse club, you'll remember him. and he has definitely matured since, eith roles in Murder by Numbers, The Believer, The Slaughter Rule, and he's going to be in The Notebook, another adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks book. Hotness!!
4)Michael Pitt= Such gorgeousness. In Murder by Numbers, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Bully. You can't even deny the beauty of his mouth alone, and he's a Jersey boy, and you can't hate on that.
5)Eric Szmanda= If anyone ever watches CSI, you will fall head over heels for the lab tech Greg Sanders (sidenote: the other dudes in this show: so beautiful.)
6)All the dudes on Queer as Folk: Gale Harold as Brian, Randy Harrison as Justin, Hal Sparks as Michael, Peter Paige as Emmett, even Scott Lowell as Ted. Such great actors, all of them and easy on the eyes, too.
7)Norman Reedus= So hot, this guy. Just watch and see how many times he touches his face in such a sexy way. WOW!!!
8)Jonny Lee Miller= best friend of Jude Law and Ewan MacGregor but should get just as much recognition as they do. and again, BEAUTIFUL!!
9)Jonathan Rhys-Meyers= If you ever see Velvet Goldmineor Bend it like Beckham, you know who I'm talking about. Those eyes, that accent, the way he wears makeup better than I do. Holy Crap!!
10)Jason Lee= very adorable in Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Almost Famous, and has the best smile I've seen since Ewan MacGregor.
I would put more but 10 should be the max limit. Send me your thoughts on my choices.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally posted by justsmile:
good idea... lets see.

Alexis Denisof! definately. This man is the most talented actor in Buffyverse in my opinion. And he's always being pushed into the shadows behind the other males on the show. ie David Boreanaz and now James Marsters.
Meg, I totally agree with you 100%. Alexis is the most underated actor in Hollywood. The best actor by far in the Buffyverse.

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 11-16-2004 at 08:20 AM
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by orliluva84:
3)Ryan Gosling= if you forget about justin, j.c. and britney from the new mickey mouse club, you'll remember him. and he has definitely matured since, eith roles in Murder by Numbers, The Believer, The Slaughter Rule, and he's going to be in The Notebook, another adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks book. Hotness!!
I know, I love him. I used to watch MMC all of the time, and then he was on Breaker High and Young Hercules. I can't wait until The Notebook comes out.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was just about to come into this thread and start talking about Ryan Gosling too. He is extremely underrated. He barely got any notice for his performance in The Believer.

I personally feel he deserved an Oscar nod for that role, and if anybody had seen it they would have agreed. I remember some magazine around Oscar time that year throwing his name around with a bunch of others, but I never heard him mentioned anywhere else. I'm hoping that The Notebook will bring him much more recognition when it comes out.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I know. Since it was a Nicholas Sparks book, it'll probably get a lot of publicity and do fairly well. I hope so. I love him and I want to see him out there more. I want him to have the kinda hype someone like Orlando Bloom has.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Alexis Denisof: In fact all of the men on Buffy and Angel have been underrated and religated to "Teen Idol" status. Joss Whedon has some of the best casting of any show.

Wes Bentley: Oh Wes, where art thou? You were so promising in American Beauty but you've just fallen off the radar after making some very average films

Nick Weschler: A very talented comic actor, sorely and grossly underused in Roswell. Has also faded from the spotlight on account of the fact that he apparently has been auditioning like crazy but hasnt been offered roles. Sad.

Morgan Freeman: Is absolutely brilliant in everything he's in. Can make an average film good, steals nearly every scene and falls into the catagory of almost being so consistantly good that he doesnt get recognised for it, its just expected.

Sean Hayes: Very funny and versatile, but probably gets lumped into the catagory of being "that funny gay sidekick" on Will and Grace. He and Megan Mulally steal every scene, give them their own show dammit!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Dupe postage

[ 11-21-2003: Message edited sarzy ]
Old 11-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Alexis Densiof and James Marsters [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]..There both wicket actors but half the ppl i kno don't even know who they are
Old 11-22-2003, 06:36 AM
New Fan

Definitely Malcolm Gets
Lizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Addicted Fan

james franco. his acting in the "james dean" movie deserves was one of the best i've seen since dean himself.

so many others, though. there are so many wandering around the streets, acting on the streets because the fools of hollywood can't recognize true talent when it's right in front of their faces.
sadly, all they care about are BIG names.

VOTE for KERRY
Mirea is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top