Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

Rhinestones OT#8: Because we go through threads faster than we can think of titles...

Rhinestones refer to the gleaming jewels on Vanessa's giant "V" from the HSM tour. We are the Rhinestones which litter that "V".

*original photo of giant rhinestone V thanks to jillrenay, banner thanks to fashionfanatic08
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this Bec.

So. What's new with you?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

No problems Mad

Nothing too much, just weeding through job stuff lately. I have to do another application tonight I'm over it already and I've only completed one

How about you? How's your newspaper job going?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

Go Bec!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

Aww, you're not liking the application writing? How many do you have to do in total? What kind of job are you looking for, btw?

Job is going good. Monday and Tuesday were kinda hectic, but yesteday and today are much easier. I'm in just for a half a day today and tomorrow I'm off. Instead I have to work for a few hours on Sunday and cover the Finnish parliamentary elections, at some local party events. *sigh*
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...SNAP... (View Post)

Go Bec!
So not my fault

Mad, I don't really mind, it's just so tedious. There are so many questions and cover letters, although only a page, take so long. Add onto that how far behind I'm falling with Uni work and I really, really shouldn't be here right now but I figured I'd get some posting done before I really get suck in

I've been looking at graduate jobs at various companies. Basically business analyst type roles which will lead me into consulting Thing is, it's so competitive out there

Ooh, it should be interesting though to be around when they announce the winners of the elections? Are you writing the story?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I bet it is tedious work. I hope you get them done quickly though.

Ooo, the jobs you're looking for sound really interesting and complicated. What would you do in practice? I have no idea what business analysts do!

It should be interesting. I'm kinda nervous though, since I'm not used to writing articles like that. Luckily I just have to be there for a short while, when they announce the preliminary results. Kinda see how the atmosphere is. And take photos.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Believe me, there will be alot of copy/pasting

Basically in practice a consultant works with other companies to help improve their business in one way or another. Like it could be to improve their performance in a certain area, help them decide if they should merge with another company, things like that. We pretty much go in, and give them advice Business Analysts are kinda like the starting point in consulting so I suppose they are almost like junior consultants

Ooh taking photos is fun! I'm sure you'll be fine And it'll be a good experience for you And! you get to see your name in print
Old 03-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

That sounds very important and difficult. I'm very impressed.

I hope it will go well, and it will definitely be good experience. The name in print part, I've gotten used to already. But it's fun anyway.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

Hee, it's such a tough job to get though...so I'm going to apply for some less tougher ones and hopefully I'll get something It's all very daunting

Ooh you've had your name in print already? That is so cool! The only time I've ever been in a newspaper was some local paper near my high school that was reporting on something we had at school. I looked totally dorky in my picture
Old 03-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

I'm sure you'll get a job.

Yeah, I've had my name in print many times. I worked at a newspaper three summers ago, last summer and then I've been temping a lot too in between.

I've been in a newspaper too once. We had this thing in elementary school, and of course they had to take the picture of me! I looked kinda dorky too.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Aww thanks Mad I'm just praying something comes up

Sounds like you've worked at a newspaper alot Do you enjoy working there? Do you want to do it full time once you've finished your thesis?

I think it's a thing with newspaper pictures, you have to look dorky

EDIT:

I have to go now Mad, it was great talking to you again. Hopefully we'll catch each other again soon

Last edited by chuppa_chup; 03-15-2007 at 03:34 AM
Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've been lucky to get to work at newspapers a lot, and get a lot of experience. I do enjoy it. It can be a bit stressful at times, but I think I do want to do it full time once I've graduate.

It was great talking to you too Bec! I'm happy we happened to be on at the same time today.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We go through a new Rhinestone thread every day, don't we? Wow.

beautiful creatures
Old 03-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrenay (View Post)
We go through a new Rhinestone thread every day, don't we? Wow.
Yep! That is so true. There is just so much to talk about!

Hey Stones!