Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Starbuck & Helo Friendship#1...Because they workout together!

I was looking for a Starbuck/Helo Friendship thread, and since there isn't one, I'd like to start one for one of my favorite relationships on the show. Sadly this season, they haven't had the screen time, but they did in S2, it left us with some of the best scenes from BSG.

I'll start with a few pics to decorate, feel free to tell us why you like the friendship between the two of them. I feel that with all the couples on the show, it's refreshing to see a relationship that is just platonic, without romance, but with trust and sharing some life/death experiences on Caprica.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. Theirs is one of the most refreshing relationships on television because it is completely platonic. I'm sure there are shippers out there who ship this couple, but I think that they are fine just being great friends...plus I like seeing a female/male pair that doesn't end up with some sort of relationship. Plus, the only time I can really stand Starbuck is when she is trading barbs with Helo.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

I love this pair. You can tell they love each other, and probably understand the other better than they know themselves. And the best part is that it's totally platonic, true best friends. See Men/Women can just be friends.

I love how they had an understanding in the Miniseries, even if it was small... than when they saw each other at the end of Season 1. Fantastic.

I hope we get more scenes. And I'd love a "Hera, this is your Aunt Kara!" scene.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

I loved when they were at her apartment on Caprica. That scene was priceless to me.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel (View Post)
I loved when they were at her apartment on Caprica. That scene was priceless to me.
Great scene!

That do have a a great friendship. They could tell each other anything
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel (View Post)
No doubt, one of my favorite scenes of the whole series, and it so "didn't fit" in the episode as a whole, with everything that went on Galactica at the time

The music caught me and pulled me into the scene even more, I had to get the Charles Glass CD Metamorphosis five

I can definitely relate to the Kara/Helo friendship, as in my own life, I used to have a girlfriend who was just a very close friend, and we didn't have anything romantic going on, but got along very well and understood each other like Kara/Helo do.

My other favorite scene for them is the last scene in "Scar", which is one of my favorite Starbucks "themed" episodes of the show. I listened to the podcast with Ron Moore, and he even said, the little "wrestling" stuff they did was totally candid, not scripted, just the two actors playing off each other. Chemistry that isn't fake, no wonder their friendship is one of the rare BSG relationships that I look forward to watching and seeing more of

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

These two are great. Just two friends without a tragic background.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Helo and Kara have such a unique friendship .

Their scenes on Caprica - and especially the one at her apartment - were awesome.

Alex, I agree about the music, the Philip Glass piano piece fits perfect to the scene. I was pretty mad when it wasn't included in the soundtrack

I loved the small scenes they had in "Unfinished business", the Helo/Kara friendship has been missing this season, I hope we get some of it back as the season continues.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Absolute Fan

It's always refreshing to have these great scenes between those two in between all the drama that is going on in the background.

LiveJournal
Old 02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
My other favorite scene for them is the last scene in "Scar", which is one of my favorite Starbucks "themed" episodes of the show. I listened to the podcast with Ron Moore, and he even said, the little "wrestling" stuff they did was totally candid, not scripted, just the two actors playing off each other. Chemistry that isn't fake, no wonder their friendship is one of the rare BSG relationships that I look forward to watching and seeing more of
Scar is one of my favorite episodes, period. But yeah, I remember listening to the podcast and hearing that. It made me go, "Aw!" because they looked like they were having so much fun. I love scenes like that.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

It would be nice to see some Helo and Starbuck scenes in the future eps.

They are both at points of their life where they could need a friend.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy1302
They are both at points of their life where they could need a friend.
With everything going on in both of their lifes, I think the time is right for a Helo/Kara chat
Old 02-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
With everything going on in both of their lifes, I think the time is right for a Helo/Kara chat
I agree
That would be one interesting conversation.

LiveJournal
Old 03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Okay since the season is starting up this Friday and Kara appears to be back, I hope we at least get some Helo/Starbuck friendship talks... after all we did NOT get a Helo mourning shot when she "died"

Lets hope.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm so glad you started this Alex. I love the Kara/Karl friendship. It's brilliant.
It's so refreshing to see two characters of the opposite sex in a completely platonic relationship on TV. There's no pretense between them, no sexual tension either, and yet there is such a powerful energy that radiates off them. It's a complete trust and love for someone that doesn't need to be anything but friendship. It's almost like a brother/sister relationship and one that i think is integral to Starbuck's character. I was really disappointed that there weren't any scenes with Starbuck/Helo and even more that they didn't address that Helo would have been devasted by her 'death'.

I hope that Season 4 explores this friendship a little further... or at least, has glimpses of it. They are obviously great friends and trust each other impeccably. It would stand to reason that when Starbuck returns, one of her best friends would want to be there... cylon or not. Afterall, Helo is a 'cylon lover'. I would think that he might just be an ally amoung foes for her in the beginning.

Or I could be completely wrong... It's been known to happen

What does everybody else think?

xx Ally

Because to me... it's poetry