Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

BSG 4x06 - "Faith" Episode Discussion

The cancer striken president Laura Roslin and hothead pilot Kara Thrace both must take difficult leaps of faith in order to accept an uneasy alliance with the cylons

Faith airs May 9th, 10 EST on the Sci-fi channel. You can watch full episodes on the sci-fi channel website right now

Discuss away...

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Fantastic eppy.

Did love the Demetrius storyline this week, because it opened up more of the story as a whole. Now Sam did get a bit trigger happy in this eppy, and poor Gaeta!, there was no need to do that Sam and I hope Gaeta is going to be ok and Athena was so cool as well. it was a great standoff between her and her copies.

Natalie was diggin it as well, and also Sam is getting more inquisitive about being, was hoping that he was going to put his hand in the water, just to see what what have happened. The big pay off was the hybrid scenes and at the end we had more clues. I'm sure now that Laura is the dying leader, as she was in the opera house with the Six and Athena in last season's finale and also the 5 now where Earth is and Laura is one of the final 3, well I'm going with that. This is cooking up rather nicely and them capturing the base star, oh yes!

Laura scenes just rocked so much. I loved the scenes with Laura and Emily, especially when Laura talked about her family *sobs* when when Laura saw her family and wasn't ready to leave. just heartbreaking throughout, but also with hope at the end with the Adama/Roslin scene which just broke my heart in a happy way.

Excellent writing, Mary needs to win an Emmy!, well most of the cast do and great eppy
Old 05-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

^^^ Great Recap wes&fred.

At the end "mission accomplished"...i was like hells yes!

IT's getting soooo good.

Loved this episode

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

While I wasn't too happy with last weeks episode, this weeks sure made up for it

Overall a well rounded episode, even if I'm still missing more screen time for some of the characters . Things are getting more intense now, nice build-up for the mid season finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes&fred (View Post)
Sam is getting more inquisitive about being, was hoping that he was going to put his hand in the water, just to see what what have happened.
I was so waiting for him to put his hand into the basin as well, I wonder what would have happened if he actually had put it in - would the other cylons have recognized him instantly?

Quote:
I hope Gaeta is going to be ok
He didn't look too good, I guess now that they're going back to the fleet he should be fine though. I was wondering - with the Demetrius being on a recon mission, shouldn't they have a paramedic on board?

Quote:
This is cooking up rather nicely and them capturing the base star, oh yes!
Absolutely

Quote:
Mary needs to win an Emmy!
Seriously, if she doesn't get a nomination for her work this year, I don't know who will. Okay, I know she probably won't get one because SciFi shows aren't hip, but one can dream.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved every second of this episode - from the really messed up beginning to the sweet ending.

Laura's scenes should be submited for an Emmy because I thought she rocked. I loved the moment where she saw her mom and when she was talking about God/the gods to Emily.

Quote:
was hoping that he was going to put his hand in the water
me too! I wanted to see what would happen to him and the ship. I like seeing the 4 embrace their cylon-selves and I esp. love how the cylons/humans are working together. Capturing the cylon ship will really come in handy.

I was totally on the edge of my seat when Helo & co. were waiting for Starbuck etc. as the clock was winding down.

Oh, and bring on Three. I can't wait to see her again.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Loved this episode, and a good improvement to last week.

I'm enjoying this Human/Cylons alliance and I'm curious to see how the fleet (Adama and Roslin mostly) will take it. And it's also good the Demetrius is going back "home".

And now we have more clues. One thing I didn't understand, did the hybrid say the final 5 have been to Earth or that the fith cylon, who's identity we don't know yet has been to Earth?

I will agree with everyone else and say Mary was fantastic. And I think we needed to see this Roslin, this dying leader. The last scene was really beautiful. They have each other

I think Gaeta will be fine, at least survive, maybe with one leg only though.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And now we have more clues. One thing I didn't understand, did the hybrid say the final 5 have been to Earth or that the fith cylon, who's identity we don't know yet has been to Earth?
from what I understood the last 5 cylons come from earth
Old 05-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, thanks I didn't watch the episode with subtitles and kinda missed a few things.
but that's interesting. will they remember something when they're all together?

oh, and seems like three is getting back next week!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
Ok, thanks I didn't watch the episode with subtitles and kinda missed a few things.
but that's interesting. will they remember something when they're all together?
I loved the "WTF" look on Sam's face when he heard that the final five would know the way to earth.

I'm glad we finally got to see how Sam is taking to being a cylon. Also like how Leoben and Sam both helped Kara come back to consciousness.

I'm looking forward to next week when we get to see the rest of the fleet's reaction when a starbase jumps in among them. From the previews I think it's going to be interesting to see how the cylons mix in with the humans. I wonder if they will let Caprica Six out of the brig. Also interested to see the reactions of Tigh, Tory and Tyrol when they hear everyone, cylons and humans, will be trying to find out the final five so they can point the way to earth.

I think the mission to un-box D'Anna should be great either next week or before the summer break, I hope.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

I know a lot of people liked this episode, and I have to say I liked it...but I just had to ask why did they choose to do the whole Laura has cancer, visits dying patient, has a revelation storyline right in the middle of the awesome story about Kara and her crew and the cylon base star? It just slowed down the episode to a crawl and right down bored me.

Let me say that I think Mary is an excellent performer, and I'm not criticizing her, just those scenes didn't belong in the episode.

I was hoping for a Baltar free episode, I guess I'm going to have to settle for just "listening to his sermons" now...and what's he on...a 24hr radio station of Gaius Baltar? Does he take a "commercial break" to have sex with Tory or one of his crazy follower chicks?

Having said all of that, I really enjoyed every other part of this episode.

I fear for Gaeta's life, he told Karl that he didn't want his leg amputated if it came to that, and you know it will, b/c it's Galactica..."crap happens" on this show. Felix is one of my favorite supporting characters, I like everything he stands for, he's a less vocal version of Helo. Did Sam really have to shoot him in the leg and I wonder if that will somehow come up and get Sam in trouble with Bill Adama? Maybe?

Speaking of Sam, he went off in this episode. First by almost starting a shoot off in the command room of Demetrious, then going with Kara, having that episode with a Six, and then comforting the dying 8 when they were taking the hybrid off line. He was in the middle of everything! Michael Trucco must be loving where they are taking his character.

Hybrid confirmed that Kara will lead "them to their death"...which won't sit well with Laura when Kara returns with a base star and a "pact between cylons/humans"

I found it interesting that Sharon seperated herself completely from the cylons...but gotta give it to her. Pick a side and stay with it. She's clearly chosen her side a long time ago when she fell in love with Helo. We haven't had much "Agathon" action, but it was neat that it was Sharon's voice when the base star arrived to meet Demetrious, and Helo was really happy to hear it

What's up with Hotdog's new look? Didn't care a bit for that

Something else, Natalie needs to get control over her "centurions", or they'll shoot up some more people/cylons. They seem to have totally just made up their own mind of when to listen to her and other "human cylons".

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:55 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
and what's he on...a 24hr radio station of Gaius Baltar? Does he take a "commercial break" to have sex with Tory or one of his crazy follower chicks?
Sorry, but that one just cracked me up.

On a more serious note, does he transmit his 'sermons' just like that? I mean, wouldn't he need some kind of permission to broadcast his stuff? (on a second thought, maybe Tory helped him with that).

Quote:
and I wonder if that will somehow come up and get Sam in trouble with Bill Adama? Maybe?
Maybe the whole mutiny will come under investigation once the Demetrius is back Or maybe not, since they'll be busy dealing with the whole Cylon/Human alliance stuff.

Quote:
Hybrid confirmed that Kara will lead "them to their death"...which won't sit well with Laura when Kara returns with a base star and a "pact between cylons/humans"
There's definitely a lot room for more Kara/Laura conflicts after the latest Hybrid revelation . Looking forward to see where they'll take it next.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
will they remember something when they're all together?
I do wonder how the memories will come to them. And also, when they step foot on earth will a flashfood of memories hit them? should be interesting.

Quote:
Michael Trucco must be loving where they are taking his character.
he's not alone.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

WOW.

I caught up on the last 2 epps this wekend.

What an action packed episode, especially the beginning!

Poor Gatea. Don't take his leg. No more missing BSG body parts!

I soooo wanted Sam to put his hand in that grid. The hesitation and earning on his part was so "edge of your seat"

I was so antsy when the clock was counting down.
And when they jumped right on top of them, woah!

The only way I can think that Laura's story fit in is that her new vision on the river could lead her to understand the Opera House dream, like the hybrid said she would.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

I think I was the only one who actually laughed when Sam shot Gaeta in the leg. Sam is obviously just as unstable as Kara, and I got a little laugh out of it. But now of course, there's nothing funny about it when he's had to wait for Kara and the others get to get back before he can get proper medical attention. And damn it, Sam was soo close to putting his hand in. Even if nothing happened, that was definitely raise a lot of questions.

If we thought Kara was messed up now, I'm sure now that she got the message that she'd "lead them all to their death", it's only going to get worse. Kind of makes me start to think she's not the final cylon anymore.

And no Lee/Apollo? Bummer. But I guess there wasn't much of a story for him anyway with all the other excitement going on. Perhaps if he were still a pilot, that would be a different story.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
I
And no Lee/Apollo? Bummer. But I guess there wasn't much of a story for him anyway with all the other excitement going on. Perhaps if he were still a pilot, that would be a different story.
I think he would have definitely been with Kara's crew.