Old 10-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

As it seems it always is now.

my first and only best friend

lea michele ♥ jon groff
oh my god. love her, love her
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Fan

If you could have one fic updated, what would it be?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

WSMO probably. If I could have my pick. Or maybe Coming Up For Air.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

One fic? A tie between World Spins Madly On and Dissident. WSMO because duh, greatest angsty fic ever and gah, but it's kinda in the middle still, and who knows when it would be updated again. Whereas Dissident is right at the bestest part, and I'm dyinggggggg to read what happens.

If that makes sense.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Addicted Fan

That makes total sense.

I've put off reading WSMO unless its updated again. Although, Ad Vitam is probably one of my favorite SON fic of all time. That author is amazing. I'm always upset I missed out on their earlier work when it was posted on that really weird formatted SON fanfic site (I'm hoping you guys know which one I'm talking about).
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do. Those were great too, but her best stuff is the stuff that's still up to read, so it's okay. And Ad Vitam was amazing, but I think WSMO is better. I can't reread Ad Vitam, idky. It's the kinda angsty that's hard to reread, but I could reread WSMO forever and ever. Recititif and How Shall I Speak of Doom are A+.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

I agree with Ad Vitam. Hard reread. I've only done it a few times.

I really wish I could reread her old stuff or find a place that still had it, like Hard Times in Easy Places.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think I ever reread Ad Vitam, but it's been so long since I read it the first time, so I think I'm going to have to.

Isn't WSMO really angsty, as well?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

She only ever posted those ones on that lame site, and she never saved them. I really loved In My Better Days, and wish it was finished. LE SIGH. And with Ad Vitam, it's one of those where I can only reread certain chapters/parts, as some of it is too hard to read, lol.

WSMO is really angsty, but in the best way. Spashley are in a rehab/looney bin place, and Spencer is a bit crazy (but totally functional and sane at the same time, just sees little men outside the windows), so she just breaks your heart in it, with how lonely and sad she is, and how Ashley realizes that they can't really be together, since she's leaving soon, and gah. I'm not usually into that kinda stuff, but it's honestly SO. GOOD. There's this one line at the end of a random chapter, after Ashley has this big realization that is just so beautifully heartbreaking and sad and I was hooked ever since (though I already was).

Last edited by same old story; 10-06-2009 at 02:50 AM
Old 10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but I don't see any of her stuff on that site anymore so I don't know what the deal is.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Addicted Fan

WSMO sounds so good, but I don't think I could handle reading it all through and then have it just stop abruptly I'm just going to put off reading it for a while, but I don't know how long I'll be able to stay away
Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

She deleted a story by accident once and then deleted them all. She didn't like that site or her earlier stuff, I think And apprently she's thinking of updating WSMO. It does suck that it stopped abruptly, but it was at a semi happy (at least not sad) part.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Stop tempting me to ignore my AP homework and start reading it.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

That really is a shame about her earlier work. I wasn't all woohoo about it, but I didn't hate it and would've liked to reread them.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be great to reread, especially with the drought. Though, some parts of ... Urgh, I can't remember the name. Not Hard Time In Easy Places. The first part of In My Better Days ... Oh! Notorious Ordinary, right? Some parts of that were hard to read, like when Ashley was away in New York, and that stuff with Spencer/Eleanor. And then Ashley's stupidity when she went to visit Spencer in Ohio and broke up with her. And that phone call in the last chapter? Brutallllll. I'm so glad that at the time, I didn't realize that was the end, until she put out the sequel, since I don't remember her saying anything about a sequel, so I would have just thought that was the end, and I probs would have cried, lol.