Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

The Oxford Union [OT]#81: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

Welcome to the 81st Off Topic Thread!

"Perfection is intensely annoying" - Hugh Laurie

Off Topic Queens
01. Mrs.Almeida (Jen)
02. merveille (Lara)
03. only girl (Aroa)
04. Grace Like Rain (Kali)
05. how2savealife (Kelsey)
06. mokis (Mónica)
07. sam_doc (Andi)
08. entity22 (Ada)
09. Talkative One (Sarah)
10. Julien Suncrisbe (Silvia)
11. pinkpaisley (Yvonne)
12. Retta75
13. nonameface78 (Marie)

Oxy - Our OT Piggy Pal

Off Topic Things That Make Us Happy:

Title Ideas
-Which Thread is This Again?
-Maybe Some Day He Will Post Here
-Our Real World

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Andi

I'm feeling a bit and sort of looking like Oxy this morning but haven't eaten anything since lunch yesterday whats up with that?

must be because it's so dreary looking outside...

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel like Oxy right now. I just went to a Christmas party.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

I wanna be Oxy right now, I just wrapped about a billion presents and I want to collapse

Thanks for the new thread Andi

Anna♥Bates
Old 12-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I hate the holidays. Mostly because I feel alone.

Of course I'm still kinda down about things. I mean, I'm 33, single and have no kids when everyone else I went to school with is settling down.

Today I told a friend about my ex-best friend and her family acting like they are better than me because their kid has a job and is getting married while I'm unemployed and single. Well, she said I'm jealous. Duh! She also said that the ex-friend's guy must have no personality because that's the only logical thing since she doesn't have a personality.

But I'm REALLY sad. I get depressed this time of year but this year it seems like it is worse.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Awww Marie, I'm sorry you are feeling down, but you know, it's not about who has more skids or is in a better relationship, if you compare yourself to others you'll always be unhappy. No one likes to be alone on Christmas, but I'm sure there are good things in your life as well and you can be happy about them!

Happy Monday everyone! I ave a long study day ahead and I need to work out a few times this week, the holidays and the large amounts of food are approaching fast

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

^ Oh man, you're so good to get some work outs in. Christmastime is definitely a time for over eating. I know I won't be able to get to the gym until the new year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameface78 (View Post)
I hate the holidays. Mostly because I feel alone.
Hey, it's almost the end of the year and the beginning of a new one. you don't know what 2012 will bring you so try and stay positive. Maybe what you're looking for is just around the corner

Anna♥Bates
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

*screams in disgust* I'm sick of the love around the holidays. Now they're talking on the news about this couple that fell in love while practicing for the Philadelphia production of The Nutcracker! I'm so frustrated with being single! And it's not like I can do anything about it because my standards are so high for living in a horrible hick town.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Morning everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Icon

- Andi
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Morning Andi!

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys

We're flying to Charleston tomorrow, to spend Christmas with my husband's family. Wish me luck trying to entertain a 1 year old on an 8 hour flight!

I'm taking my laptop so should be able to post while we're away

Anna♥Bates
Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan (View Post)
We're flying to Charleston tomorrow, to spend Christmas with my husband's family. Wish me luck trying to entertain a 1 year old on an 8 hour flight!
Hehe I dunno how my sister-in-law does it, taking my 1.5 nephew to S. Korea. Now THAT'S a long flight. NO THANKS. You have my sympathies
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I found the silliest gif today...

LOL. He's such a kid.

Come to think of it, I do silly stuff like this when I'm in the toy section at Target...great minds think alike, I guess.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Kate, have a good trip! Hope to see you around though!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Icon

- Andi
Old 12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel pretty depressed.

And today my therapist told me I need to make peace with what happened in my past. I feel like I never will because to do that, I feel I need to confront the people and tell them what I feel and half of them I can't confront because they are not nearby anymore.

I'm also pretty sad because I keep seeing all these couples enjoying the holidays and I walk the streets alone. I've been thinking about that a lot since I found out about my ex-best friend. Oh and my therapist weighed in on that too. I told her how ever since my dad had to go into early retirement because he hurt himself on the job. In fact, her whole family has acted like my family is white trash just because my parents aren't as educated as them. Well, my therapist made me realize that this friend wasn't much of a friend and that REALLY makes me angry.

I feel so alone right now. So very alone.