Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Zac's Dream Role Thread #1: The Next Big Thing...

We've tossed around ideas about this thread for a while
and it's now finally coming to life. We have a
'Who would you like to see Zac work with..." thread,
but that doesn't even venture into the type of roles we
would like to see him in. So here we are, in the Dream Role Thread.

What's the role you want him in? What's his next project?
& Is he really the Next Big Thing?

Start posting!

beautiful creatures
Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Aw Jill I totally overlooked this thread.

New topic and what a great one. Thanks for opening

Let me think about future projects and I'll get back to you.

Zac the Next Big Thing? I'd say so yes, I think he's got lots of potential. He's got lots to learn but I think he's very promising!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Passionate Fan

He's the current big thing, the past big thing and the next big thing, all rolled into one

Great idea for a thread, too
Gonna teach you tricks that'll blow your mongrel mind
Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

I love the opening and the picture you chose indeed fits perfectly, Jill.

I gotta think about this a little more, but I guess I'd love to see him in more grown up roles from now on. No more High School please (after HSM3 that is ) and maybe even some action or adventure movie.

Anyone know Into The Wild with Emile Hirsch? That would be a project I'd love to see Zac in.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphiress (View Post)
He's the current big thing, the past big thing and the next big thing, all rolled into one

Great idea for a thread, too
my feelings exactly, and if he chooses his roles carefully he will likely fulfill his promise. i think M&OW is a great start, and the more i read about 17 the more promising that movie sounds as well. not that i wouldn't have gone see it, but i wasn't expecting much. but now i am!!!!!

as far as future roles i'll have to put on my thinking cap. but can i just say, i'm so glad he didn't get speed racer. maybe its just me

thanks for opening, and the pic is one of my all time favs
Old 02-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening, Jill Artwork looks great!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

I'd love to see him in a role like Brad Pitt played in Seven. That would be so far away from high school student and let him do some serious dramatic acting.

And of course, I want to see him and V in something like Mr. and Mrs. Smith someday!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

I was saying a while ago I would love to see him in something dark like Sweeney Todd. I think that would be really interesting and different for him.

I'd love to see him branch out and try different type of roles....which I think he is starting to do.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want him in a Historical piece. I just watched GWTW again and I think he'd do really well in those type of roles

beautiful creatures
Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

I have been to a test screening of "Fireflies in the Garden" on Tuesday and I really loved it. I can see Zac in that kind of family epos story * la "The House Of The Spirits", but historical sounds like a good idea, too.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
as far as future roles i'll have to put on my thinking cap. but can i just say, i'm so glad he didn't get speed racer. maybe its just me
I'm with you 100% on that.

I think after this summer (and if/when he does Footloose) it should be the end of high school roles for Zac.

I would love to see him in something really funny and subversive. Maybe something like Superbad.

I'd also love to see him in something historical. I'm a sucker for a historical epic romance

And looking at one of the caps from the Details interview video, where he looks kind of crazed it really made me envision him in something where he was a psychopath. Something completely different for him, and maybe even where he was scary and unlovable. Although, I tend to be freaked out by people who play those parts (I still can't see Antony Perkins or Christian Bale without getting scared and changing the channel so I take that back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Extreme Fan

It's really a hard thread
A good one, but still difficult for me ... Love the OP and the pic though =)

I can't picture what exactly I wish for him, what kind of character or movie I'd love to see him into ... I guess I hope he'll try everything in fact
I don't think I've got a lot of expectations, I just want him to do various things, explore as much as he can, and just believe in what he does.

But I, for sure, want to be surprised, and I trust him to do that

I'm gonna think a little bit more of roles or kind of movie I could picture him making though ... Maybe I'll find a little something to add to your list of great ideas =)

Apart from cinema, I'd love if Zac could be on stage too, have a part in a play (again, I suck at finding a precise type of role, I'm sorry )
Wicked is my religion
- The Regent is my church -
Old 03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't mind seeing him play a bad boy. He is always playing the good guy so that could be interesting.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peryne
Apart from cinema, I'd love if Zac could be on stage too, have a part in a play

ICA Peryne! I would love for Zac to do a role in a play some day. I know that Irish is crazy over him doing Rent. I don't know what part I'd like him to do, but it would be amazing for him to do some stage work, in a leading part.

Of course, I would die to see him play Link on Broadway!

Nonna, IA that I'd like to see him play a bad boy too. I doubt we'll see that for awhile, though. But, one day, it would be great to see him take on a different kind of character.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by write2me (View Post)
I wouldn't mind seeing him play a bad boy. He is always playing the good guy so that could be interesting.
I would actually really like to see that.