Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

We sure do..! I was just doing examples but they all deserve it! (So funny I did the heeb & greek names first so this'll be the latin / English section )

Miranda - Admirable / Wonderful

Viktor - To Conquer

Julie - is actually from a latin family surname so "Descendant of Illulus"

Bradley - OldE surname - Broad Clearing

---

Oh and Zac's full name would be: "G-D Has Remembered Beloved Defender of Men Lark"

“when your happiness is someone else's happiness, that is love” ~ LDR
Old 06-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormySky (View Post)

I am at this conversation. Honestly I answer to either Shell or Shelly in RL. Mostly I just get called Shell by family and friends, just the shortened version of my actual name Michelle
See I assumed this, but then late last year at one point I was talking to Mel on Skype and she was saying "Shelly" and it sort of threw me but I didn't correct her... and then the girls here debating about Shell/Shelly threw me in a loop!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

I'll try to correct my mind but it still goes: "Shelly"..

Old 06-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shelly is fine as I said I answer to Shell, Shelly, Michelle and mum

Shelle
Old 06-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

I pronounced Alex in the usual way for 2 months when we met then he tells me his family pronounced it Ellic (which is sorta strange ) but I retrained myself. But my entire family and his coworkers call him Alex to this day. It's a cluster but he doesn't mind either way

"Don't follow your dreams, chase them"
Old 06-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, that's kinda awkward

I remember when I first liked Zac, like, back around Hairspray release era, I used to pronounce his name Eee-fron, instead of Eff-fron
Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Dani, that sounds so Australian.. The correct original hebrew version would be pronounced sort of EH-FRrrr-OHN with hard syllables -- hard to explain if you've never heard Israelis speak -- they always sound like they're pissed off & arguing even if they're just talking about every day stuff! Which is why I really enjoy the Simpsons in Israel episode.. They captured that feel so prefectly down to a 'T'!

Cheryl, that's a pretty weird way to pronounce Alex.. Sort of like Porky pig almost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormySky (View Post)
Shelly is fine as I said I answer to Shell, Shelly, Michelle and mum
Sort of reminds me of this:

I admire you all w kids -- I'm sticking w my dog!

Old 06-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's weird is that it doesn't seem Australian to me Australians tend to pronounce things in a lazy way. Like if there's a way to say a word that involves moving your mouth less, we'll do that. For example, it isn't "Australia" it is "Straya."
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

Language is so Amazing to me that way -- I mean technically BrE, AmE, AuE, is the exact same language but you've all managed to put your own twist on it & invented nation specific ways to say things & even new words & expressions -- Just even how Spelling and grammar differenciate from ie BrE to AmE is so interesting to me: favour - favor / go to hospital /going to THE hospital.. list comma's.. all the different dialects..! Oh I get heart palpatations -- I adore your language Dani!!

Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

I love when Shelle/Dani say "I have one more sleep before vacation starts" that's so cute!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

That sounds so adorable!

Maybe to get this a bit back on track since I pretty much OT'ed us again -- I need to stop doing that -- I should ask if anyone here's Heard Zac use Zac specific expressions..? I'm curious.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't say he uses any particular Zac like phrases but I feel he uses similar words and phrasing sometimes, particularly throughout the same promo periods. I feel I should have a specific example but nothing is coming right to mind at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacFanForever (View Post)
I love when Shelle/Dani say "I have one more sleep before vacation starts" that's so cute!
Yes. Isn't this a thing everyone says? OR maybe it's a British English type thing??
Old 06-24-2013, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

I can understand he would probably use the same expressions on promo since he's probably asked the same sort questions & they'd have similar answers.. I've noticed he doesn't shy away from emphazising what he has to say w explanatives & I quite like that about him not censoring how he'd normally talk at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartunprepared (View Post)
Yes. Isn't this a thing everyone says? OR maybe it's a British English type thing??
can only say that I would probably express the same thing as: "Just one more night then my vaccation starts" or something like that.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiacs (View Post)

can only say that I would probably express the same thing as: "Just one more night then my vaccation starts" or something like that.
Right!!! Us too, we would say 'one more night!!' I love learning these subtle cultural differences and similarities. It's one of my favorite things that being a Zac aficionado has taught me

Title!!!! Oops!

ETA: More addiction this way

Last edited by Define Obsession; 06-24-2013 at 02:48 PM