Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jack Jansen (The Paperboy) S&S #7 ~ Because between new stills and the impending trailer, we are so excited!

Narrator Jack Jansen is the son of the Moat County Tribune's editor and publisher.
While Jack's older brother, Ward, reports for the Miami Times, Jack has settled for a job
delivering papers for the Tribune. But when Ward and his partner, evil dandy Yardley Acheman,
come to Moat County to investigate the four-year-old murder of the local sheriff, Jack assists them in
the inquiry.

Zac Efron ... Jack Jansen
Nicole Kidman ... Charlotte Bless
Matthew McConaughey ... Ward Jansen
John Cusack ... Hillary Van Wetter
David Oyelowo ... Yardley Acheman
Scott Glenn ... W.W. Jansen
Macy Gray ... Anita

Official Site

Quote:
CANNES -- Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron will star in an adaptation of the 1995 Pete Dexter novel The Paperboy for Millennium Films.

Lee Daniels is set to direct the sexual thriller, which follows a Miami Times reporter as he returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the imprisonment of a death row inmate. Pedro Almodovar developed a feature project with Dexter for more than a decade before Daniels became involved early this year.

Hilary Shor is producing with Daniels. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short and Danny Dimbort are executive producers.

“This is a good film for us,” said Lerner, “a project that has Pedro Almodovar attached, is set in the steamy South, directed by Lee Daniels, Hilary Shor producing, and with the incredible cast of Matthew, Tobey, Sofia and Zac.”
CAA’s Roeg Sutherland and Maha Dakhil put the package together. Nu Image is repping foreign sales.
Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara, Zac Efron to Star in 'The Paperboy' (Cannes) - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
An Oscar nominee just over a year ago, director Lee Daniels (Precious) was in Cannes yesterday talking up his latest film, The Paperboy, a thriller that is sort of an arty cross between Basic Instinct and Body Heat which he starts shooting in New Orleans in July with Matthew McConoughey, Zac Efron, Tobey Maguire (in a bad boy role) and Modern Family's Sofia Vergara. He also shares a screenplay credit with Pete Dexter, writer of the original novel and Pedro Almodovar who spent some years developing the movie as a vehicle for himself. Nu Image/Millennium's Avi Lerner is bankrolling it and held a party at Baoli Beach Club for Daniels to meet many of the international buyers from Australia to Scandinavia who have already nabbed the film. No U.S. deal is in place yet but it shouldn't be a problem with that cast.
CANNES: Jodie, Mel, Meryl, And Money – Deadline.com

Quote:
Director Lee Daniels' followup to his Oscar-nominated 2009 drama "Precious" was supposed to be the civil-rights drama "Selma," set in Alabama but shot in New Orleans. With financing still apparently not solidified, however, Daniels is moving on from "Selma" for the time being -- but not from New Orleans.

'Precious' director Lee Daniels, second from right, poses with his movie's co-stars, from left, Mariah Carey, Mo'nique and Paula Patton, at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.

The Oscar-nominated director's next project will be the big-screen adaptation of the dark 1995 crime novel "The Paperboy," a Florida-set story about a newspaper reporter on a life-or-death hunt for answers.

The production is set to arrive in town over the next couple of weeks in preparation for a July shoot.

The cast to this point includes Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron.

Written by Pete Dexter -- author of the award-winning "Paris Trout," which was turned into a film in 1991 -- "The Paperboy" focuses on the son of the publisher of a small-town newspaper who gives up his job as a newspaper deliverer to help his hot-shot reporter brother investigate the murder of a death row inmate. Complications ensue, naturally.

Nu Image / Millennium Films ("The Expendables," "The Mechanic," "Drive Angry 3D") is producing. No release date has been announced.
Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, Tobey Maguire to join Lee Daniels in New Orleans for 'Paperboy' | NOLA.com

Possible Titles

Shelle

Last edited by StormySky; 07-29-2012 at 11:40 AM
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing this over from the end of the last thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB (View Post)
paperboy intervew & video from EHS Carnets de voyage > Carnets de voyage N°49 - Carnets de voyage à... Cannes 2012 - Jour 9 - une émission AlloCiné can'r understand language (my letter after h doesn't work anymore so can't say country..guess can't post very good wth no vowels but a,e,o,u - so excuse funny posts)
Can anyone translate?

Shelle
Old 07-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

I could but I don't have sound for the moment. I will do it later.

We need to change James to Jansen in the OP too. We could update the cast list too

Last edited by juju81; 07-29-2012 at 11:23 AM
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Sorry..I see this is alreaady here.interview from Cannes, just posted but fixed computer, is in Italian? Zac looks good, but maybe a bit tired or bored?? comes on at 1.03.
Carnets de voyage > Carnets de voyage N°49 - Carnets de voyage à... Cannes 2012 - Jour 9 - une émission AlloCiné

Last edited by KateB; 07-29-2012 at 11:28 AM
Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

It's in french and from the Cannes festival
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Change James to Jansen and just updated the cast list so its the same as on the official site. I also included a link to the official site.

Shelle
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for opening!

I'll watch that video later. thanks for the link!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt
Old 07-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT I noticed in the poster car pic & other car face pic he looks so different..both are great, but he has so many looks..love it
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Between the new stills and the promise of the trailer I am freakishly excited!
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Ok I watched the video and Zac said he wanted to be a part of the project right away. He didn't understand everything in the script at the beginning but he was excited and it was a challenge.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

hopefully we get to see Zac's character talk in the trailer. LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacfan12 (View Post)
hopefully we get to see Zac's character talk in the trailer. LOL
Same here we will find out Wednesday.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the translation Julie

Cant wait for it to be Wednesday (well I could do without having to go to work) but at least I have the promise of the trailer

Shelle