HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3
SPOILERS AND SPECULATION THREAD

That's right folks, it's HSM3 Time! Contracts are being signed,
scripts are being mass produced, casting calls are opening up
and Disney is ready for March!

What do we know?
Well, since this is only the beginning - this is what we know for sure:
  • The third installment of the franchise will center around Prom & Graduation
  • Filming to start May 3 (Utah Film Commission)
  • Big Screen Premiere in October 2008 (rumored to be in SLC)
  • Three new cast members have been added - Matt Prokop, Jemma McKenzie-Brown, & Justin Martin (WD Press Release)

• Troy & Taylor Scene
  • Ryan & Gabriella Duet
  • More Darbus
  • The Infamous Boltbus Duet
  • Troy/Kelsi scenes
  • More Chad/Taylor
  • Zeke should finally hook up with Sharpay
  • Breathless Troy after he sees Gabriella in her dress
  • Chad & Gabriella Duet
  • Chad & Troy "Brothers" Moments
  • Chad & Taylor tango

Articles & Promotions
Variety
Access Hollywood
People
Meet Jimmie & Tiana HERE

Quote:
Disney's "High School Musical" phenomenon leaps onto the big screen in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," which finds Troy (Zac Efron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) facing the prospect of being separated from one another as they head off in different directions to college. Joined by the rest of the Wildcats, they stage an elaborate Spring Musical reflecting their experiences, hopes, and fears about their future. With incredible new music and dance numbers designed to take maximum advantage of the big screen, this motion picture extravaganza delivers plenty of high-energy entertainment from East High's talented ensemble. "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" will be released only in theaters in Fall, 2008.
Source

Quote:
Behind the Scenes: 'High School Musical 3'
Chris Connelly Talks to the Talented Young Cast as They Prepare for a Prom Night Scene
May 20, 2008

The songs, the spirit and the sensation of Disney's television movie "High School Musical" (both "1" and "2") set off a full-throttle show business phenomenon and transformed the lives of its young stars, like Zac Efron.

"You wake up one day and suddenly, you're just cool. I'm not different at all than I've ever been. I don't know what changed," said the 20-year-old teen icon who plays the role of Troy Bolton, a popular basketball team captain.

What hasn't changed is the talent and camaraderie of the cast, now reunited with director Kenny Ortega to shoot "High School Musical 3: Senior Year."

Chris Connelly caught up with the cast on-set getting ready to film a prom night scene.

"We have, like, a prom scene. It's actually a play that we're putting on about a prom ... I have to say we've never dressed so nice -- it almost feels out of character. But you only get to do it once," Efron said.

"So, this is my prom dress, and it's feathery; it's pink; it's rhinestone; it's fun. It's really cool," Ashley Tisdale said as she showed her dress to Connelly. The 22-year-old actress-turned-pop star plays the role of the antagonizing Sharpey Evans.

"And my favorite part about this outfit, when I turn around, it's got Danforth #8 on the back," said Corbin Bleu, a 19-year-old actor who plays Chad Danforth, a member of the East High Wildcats, and Troy's best friend.

"High School Musical 3" will be the first film in the series to open on the big screen, and it'll show its senior-year characters facing some big moments.

"Our kids are growing up. You know, we're now seniors moving into the future, together," Ortega said.

"You see the characters grow up a lot more so than ever before. You know, you have college, you have your relationships, and just trying to figure out which path to take is tough," said Vanessa Hudgens, who stars in the film as Gabriella Montez.

"Troy usually has a pretty big decision to make in every film. And in this movie, you see Troy struggling with these decisions ... whether to, you know, pursue basketball or pursue theater. And it's a pretty big one for him. It's pretty cool," Efron said.

"It's the first time that Troy and I actually get a chance to do a number together ... I'm not going to give it away. Surprise is always the best," Bleu said.

With 17 dance numbers in all, "High School Musical 3" has enough high-energy throwdowns to leave even these actors gasping for breath.

"I came into rehearsals a few weeks late -- bad idea. It was tough catching up with everybody. Corbin, who's just the most incredible natural dancer I've ever seen. I mean, Vanessa's tough to keep up with, man," Efron said.

The day Connelly caught the cast on set, they had just finished 12 hours of straight dancing.

"I think I grew a full shoe size. My feet are so swollen. It's pretty bad, but it's worth it," said Monique Coleman, who plays Taylor McKessie, the leader of East High's science club.

"Well, actually, the shoes are comfortable," Tisdale said. "We had ballroom shoes on and everyone was wearing heels and everybody was like, 'Argh, my feet hurt,' and I'm like, 'Mine are great!'"

Like the earlier films, this one is not being shot on a Hollywood soundstage, but at a real high school: Salt Lake City's East High School.

Even as the last day of shooting, in late June, will be a time for bittersweet farewells, the sheer joy and exhilaration of getting to do a "High School Musical" one more time shows no sign of stopping.

"We all pump ourselves up so much. Like, before the beginning of a take, you'll see us all screaming, 'Whooo! Hooo! Yeah!' Like screaming! And we just get so pumped," Hudgens said.

"But to come back to Utah and be with my friends, it's just a dream come true. I called my mom and dad on the first day and was, like, 'I feel like I'm on vacation.' ... We really are friends and it's pretty fun," Efron said.
source

As always, this is just a beginning - so watch out for these opening posts to change - a lot.

Previous Threads
#1 - He's "Down for 3"
#2 - Because our wishlist keeps growing and growing
#3 - We Don't Want New Characters

Also remember the spoiler rules!

beautiful creatures

Last edited by Fearlessღ; 05-21-2008 at 05:51 AM
Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Total Fan

Here's a link for the video from todays broadcast of the behind the scenes of HSM3 on GMA.

Behind The Scens of HSM3 - GMA

It's about 40 Meg.

And I'll relink the caps in case anyone wants/needs them

GMA Caps
Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening Jill!

Great caps Sher!

Molly.

Last edited by nyychick2; 05-20-2008 at 10:32 AM
Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the caps and the link Sher

I loved Zac's face in this interview and his expressions.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

I was kind of disappointed in the segment to be honest. It was really short, I thought there would be more.

And I'm sorry but with the exception of Zac's suit and Ashley's prom dress I thought the clothing was hideous
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Addict_ (View Post)
Here's a link for the video from todays broadcast of the behind the scenes of HSM3 on GMA.

Behind The Scens of HSM3 - GMA

It's about 40 Meg.

And I'll relink the caps in case anyone wants/needs them

GMA Caps
Thanks Sher Some of these caps You got tongue pic caps

I need to try and sneak into watching the video @ work
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica3311 (View Post)
Thanks Sher Some of these caps You got tongue pic caps

I need to try and sneak into watching the video @ work
How in the world did I miss that when I was actually watching it
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome thread title. Poor MoMo!

Well, the prom clothes are a little extravagant in general, if you ask me. I loved Chad's suit though. I didn't expect anything less from him.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Is that tracklist that has been floating around, the real track list?

Those outfits they were wearing weren't for an actual prom though, it was for a play about a prom...so maybe that's why?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacFanOnWheels (View Post)
How in the world did I miss that when I was actually watching it
Lanie I looked through Sher's caps and well i can spot Zac's tongue anywhere

Ok so after seeing the caps I had to watch the interview So i guess there hasnt been a song with just chad/troy? I know there in a lot of songs of them singing together...i guess with other people. im excited to see that....although im hoping for a Tryan number

and the clothes...well I hope Zac wheres the tux thats in the cut-outs to the real prom...i like it much better than the one he was wearing in the interview...and his hair....oh geez And Mo's outfit too But the interview was cool to see whats going on on-set for the movie.

Last edited by *PassionateJ*; 05-20-2008 at 11:46 AM
Old 05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica3311 (View Post)

....although im hoping for a Tryan number

I could go for that

But I am excited for the Chad/Troy song though...it took them three movies to sing together? Seems odd since they're best friends. I guess Chad finally got over his dislike of musicals
Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Monique needs a different dress...

Beauty and the Beast.
||Azzaria
Old 05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2008 (View Post)
Monique needs a different dress...
You can say that again
Old 05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

It just upsets me Lanie...So much

Beauty and the Beast.
||Azzaria
Old 05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is that tracklist that has been floating around, the real track list?
Are you talking about the one that's on Wiki? No. I'll confirm that one

beautiful creatures