Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cole Carter (WAYF) Spoilers and Speculation #6 ~ Because he will definitely keep your heart beating!

Previous threads
1, 3, 4, 5

future titles:
Because it's the DJ’s job to get people out of their heads and into their bodies.
Because he found his signature and discovered his sound.
Because you should grab all your friends and see this now!
Because It's Our Time.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

you're welcome!

Old 08-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Zac's 10 million twitter fans and internet fans really let him down. At even $10.00 a ticket only one in ten seeing the movie would have brought in $10 million. I'm so sorry for Zac and disgusted with everyone who reads and tweets about how they love him and then doesn't support his movies, even if they don't think they will like it. Zac gave a good performance, and some people in the media recognized that in spite of movie faults, but there is absolutely no excuse for someone who can draw the crowds and social media followers to have such a record breaking dismal opening. I'm totally bewildered and angry that his "fans" totally let him down. Would they spit in his face if they had the chance...well, that's just what they did by not going to support his movie. Shame on everyone who calls themselves a fan and didn't go this weekend sometime, at least once! Now he's got one of the worst openings on record...I'm sure that will boost his self-esteem when he was so excited about this and thought his millions of fans were supporting him. Poor Zac. You didn't deserve this betrayal.

icon by Shey
Old 08-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

that's why I didn't check Box Office Mojo to see how the movie did. But like I said on the other thread is that they didn't do much promotion here or they didn't advertise the movie much at all here maybe like 2 channels but that's about it. I think more people would have went if they did more promotion for the movie but I support Zac all the time. and I loved the movie and I liked the music I am listening to the soundtrack now.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

too bad all his fans didn't support him as they should... but this fan saw it twice and would see it again if i had the chance! i'll always support him no matter what the critics, reviews or anyone says.. Zac will forever be an amazing actor and his movies will always be #1 to me.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

I saw it twice as well and I'm taking Brooke this weekend now that I know it's a weak R rating

As far as dramas go, it just wasn't dramatic enough for me. I'm starting to think he's right to stick with the raunchy comedy genre as much as it pains me I just really expected more from this movie. More drama, more romance, more excitement, just more

"Don't follow your dreams, chase them"
Old 08-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I like Zac in Comedy's because he's good at making me laugh. When he did a few of those dramas I had to wait for the dvds since they were indie films and where I live we don't get many indie films so that made me mad. But like I said whatever he decides to do more movies of Im still going to support him. I have only seen the movie once but I might see it again if I don't in theaters I will for sure get the movie on dvd like I do with all of his other films.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly - I can never see myself not going to his movies no matter what he chooses - I own every DVD he's ever done and will always support his choices but at times I suffer from let down then I hate myself for it but I think its natural to have faves and less than faves when it comes to his work.

But kate don't get so upset with his fans - I think his true supporters like us do go see his movies, every one of them. I don't know about you but I follow a good bit of celebs on Twitter but it doesn't mean I'm a super fan. Many of the celebs I follow have movies out that I may not even be aware of. When I do catch on that one of them is promoting a movie I still only go see it if I genuinely like the trailer and then again only see it if it's convenient to my schedule/life at the time and have someone to go with. I miss movies all the time that I would like to see but it just doesn't happen. I Hope it doesn't mean I am letting down the actors that are in it. So with that being said, of Zac's 10 million Twitter followers, etc. many of them are just people that like him and saw his Twitter handle here or there and chose to hit follow. It doesn't make them a super fan that will walk thru fire to see his movie but if the opportunity presents itself and the movie is of interest to them, then they will it's a tough time for the movie industry, all movies, not just Zac's. He'll knock'em dead with the next one

Old 08-31-2015, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

I saw it yesterday, and I really liked it. Dramas will always be my favorite type of movies Zac makes. What bothers me about the box office is that The Lucky One was terrible but it made bank, while WAYF was actually genuinely good yet alas. The problem really wasn't with Zac since most people said they thought he was amazing in it and most people like him as an actor, but a movie about DJs doesn't interest most people.

In the end, I'm glad I saw it and it's just a lesson learned for Zac.

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

TLO was loved my many though and the promo was off the chain compared to WAYF. I agree with you 100% that it only appealed to a small group though. It may be what Max wanted and Zac too for that matter but very small audience. No matter how much guys and even a lot of women may not care for Sparks movies, the audience is there as long as they put a good-looking couple in it and have a halfway decent story.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

That's the thing: WAYF at least had better characters and a better story than TLO which made WAYF an overall better movie, but because WB didn't promote WAYF properly so it suffered. Sparks movies are generic and basic, and only appeal to a very specific demographic yet WAYF had appeal (beyond the DJ aspect) to many groups of people. But because all people thought about it was that it was about DJs then that limited the interest for it.

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-31-2015, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe I'm a bad girl fan them Cuz TLO had amazing romance and hotness and WAYF just didn't come close and as a woman over 30, that's what we go for as bad as that may sound, it's just fun to watch especially with good looking guy like Zac. On opening night at TLO there were literally hundreds of women in line with their gal pals excited for a girls night out but then tons of couples as well so it clearly worked as a date movie. WAYF is neither of those. I think I'm just having a hard time comparing the 2 movies Cuz they are just too different with different audiences and a totally different promo take I loved them both - just not in the same way.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

That first picture of Zac got me like

M i r a n d a .