Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KervyQT16 (View Post)
Yeah I agree, TWW requires more put in that S60 just because of subject matter. I think S60 was funny, but funny in a more realistic way. Hour long comedies/dramadies are hard sells unfortunately.
I think that's very true. They're a sort of awkward type of show. They're too long for the people who just want a 22min laugh & relax to invest in, but not quite gritty for the drama lovers. I love them though, many of my favourite shows are similar, or if more drama than comedy, have a definite sense of comedy to them. Some are almost exactly half and half comedy/drama.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like when shows fuse together the funny and the dramatic because life is both funny and dramatic and often times simultaneously. That's the think I really like about Sorkin's work, I always feel like they have a hyper sense of reality about it.

Btw, Anna, thanks for the title for the post count thread.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I agree. Every drama I've ever really loved has been witty and fun along with it.
without alcohol.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thus is the magic of a good tv show.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Passionate Fan

It's not an easy feat, either, that's why you can really tell the good shows from the pack, they're the ones who pull it off.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hear, hear...if only more people just realized this.

On a side now, so sorry about the Joan board Anna. Though I never watched it I hate when boards close.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

I know Mandy. I was so sad to read that. I watched the show, but have never posted there.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never saw it, I always wanted to because I'm a Amber Tamblyn fan but I never got around to it.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

I saw an episode once, I think. It's one that when I hear/read anything about I say to myself I'll watch that one day, and yet never get around to
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks, guys. It's been quiet there for ages, so it was kind of inevitable, but it sucks cos that show brings up so much discussion points, you need to discuss it everytime you rewatch, and it's going to suck not having a forum to go to to do that.

It's a really good show, I recommend catching it on repeats or maybe renting the DVD. Obviously I recommend buying the DVDs too, but I understand that you wouldn't want to do that without seeing the show first.

JoA kind of fits into the conversation too, because it is one of those shows that had it's comedic moments, but also had it's heavier moments, and it was really nicely balanced. It's one of the rare ones.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll add it to my ever growing list of stuff I've got to watch. Seeing any forums close hurts, I know. I've moderate two boards that eventually closed and that stung like the dickens let me tell you. It's particularly hard when shows, as you say, bring up a multitude of discussion points ect.

I really think that Danny/Jordan had alot left to say. Their courtship was relatively easy and I think sometime they'd have had to have discussed Jordan's role in the work place as the mother of a new baby and I always felt like the baby-daddy might have resurfaced at some point and time so I think we were left kind in fill in mode there.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KervyQT16 (View Post)
I really think that Danny/Jordan had alot left to say. Their courtship was relatively easy and I think sometime they'd have had to have discussed Jordan's role in the work place as the mother of a new baby and I always felt like the baby-daddy might have resurfaced at some point and time so I think we were left kind in fill in mode there.
That is never an easy situation for a relationship to be in, and as much as I believe that Danny would stand by Jordan no matter what, I'm sure the baby's father would complicate life. It seems that often absent fathers seem to decide at one point that, actually, yes they want to be a part of the kid's and then try and complicate the whole set up. Something like that would not likely be taken to well by Danny as he'd probably not appreciate the intrusion, especially as the father is a complete *********.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. Parental rights are always tricky, even when you sign them away especially in states like California. Yeah, I agree, I don’t think Danny would take that well and he and stressers aren’t good. Both he and Matt tend to turn to the wrong things when they are feeling worried or stressed.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

I agree about Danny and Jordan not being done. There relationship was one I would have liked to see explored. Their chemistry was amazing, and I would have loved to see how that played out.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's unfortunate. I am glad that we got a little closure because I was worried we'd end with Jordan in the hospital fate unknown for awhile.