Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Christine! Nice to meet you!

You don't like LA Mandy? I love it there. I'm toying with the idea of a job there. How are you feeling today?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'm just sick of it here. I find alot of stuff very fake, it's the nature of a film town, sorry to say. A bit better, thanks for asking. I've still been on toast and tea today, though.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Is there someplace else you'd rather be?

Tea and toast, can't get better than that when you don't feel good. I hope this passes quickly.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New York, it's a different sort of art vibe. I have a few British friends that say I'd do well over there but I've never visited so I don't know.

Thanks babe.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

I have a friend who is an actress in NY, and she loves it, but I just can't really get into the city. I have been a couple times the last few months, and while it is fun to visit, I can't imagine really living there.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just love it there, it's so, and I know I'm going to sound cliche but alive the people there are just so much more literate on the whole and the art vibe is completely different. Put it this way, they took a poll of people on the streets of LA and in NYC during the elections and asked "Do you know who Joe Biden is?" and 79% of New Yorkers knew when only 22% here did...it just to me perfectly encapsulates what I mean by different.

There are only three things I hate about NY...I have yet in any of the times I've visited been able to get a shower the temperature I wanted, the humidity in summer is killer, and the roaches/rats thing is an issue.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

That's funny.

The rat/roaches thing is a big deal for me. I tried the subway. Until there was a rat on one of the trains. From that moment on, I made my friends take taxis - I was willing to pay.

I haven't been in the summer since I was a kid, but a group of us are planning on meeting there in late July or early August. The humidity is something I dread - my hair is very important to me.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Mississippi has about 85% humidity or higher almost the entire summer. Humidity is something I'm totally used to Hate it, but lived with it all my life

Quote:
I don't mind at all. I own/operate a small theatre company. I direct/produce in the area but I usually am working the odd job to supplant my income and going to school part time, though I'm taking this semester off.
I didn't know you actually owned the company. That's really cool

Quote:
Hi Avery, really nice to meet you! I'm Christi.
Cool beans. Nice to meet you too What part of the world do you hail from?

Quote:
Hey missy, I didn't get to talk to you over the weekend. How's it going?
She's in trouble for that, btw
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

I live in Colorado. Colorado Springs to be exact, close to the mountains. Where do you live?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hehe, huge rats in the city. I had a friend who used to live in the city and she swore she saw one with a six inch tail.

When I visited twice in the summer I swear every time I walked outside I felt I needed to back inside and take a shower.

I do indeed own it.

And Chris is in trouble? Wah Oh...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

6 inches ?!?! I shuddered just reading that. Another thing I didn't like was the pigeons. From my perspective, pigeons are just rats with wings.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like birds, even pigeons until they crap all over the car hood and then they are not so fun.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey, welcome Christi! I'm Red.

Quote:
The rat/roaches thing is a big deal for me.
Yeesh. I couldn't do roaches. I don't think I've actually ever seen in a real rat in my entire life, so I can't say if they bother me. But mice don't really bother me. Not unless there's a whole bunch scuttling away, then it's a little ukky. I do NOT do bugs tho. Insects of any kind, pretty much, is an issue. I'm the girl who'd rather call the neighbor over to deal with a spider than deal with it myself .

Quote:
Mississippi has about 85% humidity or higher almost the entire summer.
Holy mother! 85%?! I'd probably die. I visited L.A. once and the humidity was intense. I suppose I more or less got used to it by the end of the week that we were there, but holy, the first day I felt like I was having trouble breathing. Mind you, it's pretty dry here, especially in the winter. I'm in Alberta, Canada, btw, if I haven't mentioned that before.

Quote:
From my perspective, pigeons are just rats with wings.
Nice. I like birds, but pigeons are irritating. We had a bunch hanging around or barn a few years ago, and they made SUCH a mess and were super irritating. When they were out on the grass we'd send the dog barking off after them to try and scare them away.

~Red

[ icon ]
Old 03-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wb, Red. You know roaches don't bug me. My friend lived in a crap apartment and she had them. They sprayed and sprayed and they always came back. It was gross but I grew not really be too bothered by them. He wasn't bothered by them at all, of course. Boys.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Red! Really nice to meet you.

Can't do roaches. Just can't do it. Really bugs of any kind. I have a vacuum on each floor of my home that is labeled a bug vacuum. I see a bug, it gets vacuumed up. It started out as just for moths, cause we get a ton of Miller moths, but I realized the bug gathering potential. I even have my son trained to suck them up with the vacuums too, though he isn't afraid and would much rather squish them for the fun of it.