Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Zooey Deschanel #5: Because she can win hearts over effortlessly

PERSONAL INFORMATION
  • Born January 17 1980 in Los Angeles.
  • (from imdb.com) Her father, Caleb Deschanel is an Academy Award-nominated cinematographer (perhaps most notably for The Passion Of The Christ) and her mother, Mary Jo Deschanel (née Weir) is an actress who starred in Twin Peaks.
  • Sister is Emily Deschanel (FOX's "Bones").
  • (from imdb.com) Named for the male character in J.D. Salinger's "Franny and Zooey".
  • (from imdb.com) Graduated from Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences in Santa Monica, Attended Northwestern University.
  • (from imdb.com) Is part of the cabaret group called If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies.

PERSONAL QUOTES
"I don't really like to go out very much. I'm not scandalous. I'm not, like, in this to be famous. I also find it so embarrassing when you read about people and it's like they were so trashed at Skybar and stumbling around. I don't want to be that person. That's just so embarrassing to have that written about you."

"I love old music, old movies, screwball comedies, vintage clothes, and basically I'm an old-fashioned gal."

"I don't want to go to another roller-coaster ride of a movie. If I want that, I'll go to Magic Mountain. I'm really interested in the young directors that are doing different things in cinema. I think the movies people will hold onto are the Rushmores and the Being John Malkoviches. Those are the kind of films I want to do; that's what I'm passionate about."

UPCOMING PROJECTS
"Simply Halston" (2007) (announced) Liza Minelli
"Barry Munday" (2007) (pre-production) (attached) Jennifer
"Surf's Up" (2007) (filming) (voice) Lani
"The Good Life" (2007) (filming) Frances
"The Assassination of Jesse James..." (2007) (post-production) Dorothy Evans
"Bridge to Terabithia" (2007) (post-production) Ms. Edmunds
"Flakes" (2006) (post-production) Miss Pussy Katz
"The Go-Getter" (2006) (post-production) Kate

FILM ROLES

(Missing: "Live Free or Die" (2006) Cheryl)

(Left) "Failure to Launch" (2006) Kit | (Right) "Once Upon a Mattress" (TV; 2005) Lady Larken

(Left) "Winter Passing" (2005) Reese Holdin | (Right) "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (2005) Trillian

(Left) "Eulogy" (2004) Katie Collins | (Right) "Elf" (2003) Jovie

(Left) "It's Better to be Wanted for Murder..." (2003) Gas Station Girl | (Right) "All the Real Girls" (2003) Noel

(Left) "Abandon" (2002) Samantha Harper | (Right) "Sweet Friggin' Daisies" (2002) Zelda

(Left) "The New Guy" (2002) Nora | (Right) "Big Trouble" (2002) Jenny Herk

(Left) "The Good Girl" (2002) Cheryl | (Right) "Manic" (2001) Tracy

(Left) "Almost Famous" (2000) Anita Miller | (Right) "Mumford" (1999) Nessa Watkins

SHORTS

(Left) "House Hunting" (2003) Christy | (Right) "Whatever we do" (2003) Nikki

TELEVISION

(Missing: "American Dad" (Kim (voice) 2005))

(Left) "Cracking Up" (Heidi (2004)) | (Right) "Frasier" (Jen Doyle (2002))

"Veronica's Closet" (Elena (1998))

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome.

So last time you joked that you wouldn't have time to find stuff for the new OP, but it turned out to be true!

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wan't lying, I knew it wouldn't happen
Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Well then, leave it up to me in that case.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nah, I've already asked someone to do the arts. She just doesn't have access to her computer right now. When she does, she'll do them though. You can help us if you want, more than happy to have more help/
Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

How can I help? Finding pics for her to work on?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know yet tbh, she's good at getting pics anyway. She did some art for the Zooey thread at New Girl.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Okay, just let me know.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I shall do, and hopefully she can get to it soon
Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Haha, tonight's episode was definitely about the other half of Schimdt that is not in me. I am totally not a clean or organizing freak in any way. I can definitely clean well, and I will leave a place or room looking superb if I work on it, but it's only with a strong incentive.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

TFTNT

Didn't see tonight's ep yet. I'm a total clean and organizing freak though.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Haha, good to know, Mel.

Feel free to check out how we ended the last thread, if you haven't already. We sure are a hilarious twosome, aren't we?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm waiting to watch the ep now, fingers crossed I see it before I have to go out.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

I still like the show, but it hasn't really given me a full belly laugh the last few episodes, which if I'm going to stick with a sitcom, I look for one of those each episode, so... Better get crackin, New Girl, or you're gonna get tanked by me pretty soon.

For me, the show that's giving me great laughs (other than Modern Family) is the one that comes on right before NG, which is "I Hate My Teenage Daughter." I definitely recommend it, and at least not a lot of eps have passed so there's a good chance to catch up. And Mel, you might appreciate it a bit more since you're from Texas.

Anyway, just putting it out there if either of you feel like catching it.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top