Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

Tom Hiddleston #5 - 'Actor ... brother, son, friend, runner, dancer, prancer, loon.'

Join the campaign to give him a board on

Hiddleston was born in Westminster, London, on February 9, 1981, the son of Diana Patricia (née Servaes), a former stage manager and arts administrator, and James Norman Hiddleston, a scientist in physical chemistry who was the managing director of a pharmaceutical company. He attended The Dragon School in Oxford and then went on to study at Eton College. He studied for his Classics degree at Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, earning a double first. In 2005, he graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.

In Hiddleston's second term at Cambridge, he was seen in a production of A Streetcar Named Desire by Lorraine Hamilton of the notable actors’ agency Hamilton Hodell, and was shortly thereafter given his first television role in Stephen Whittaker’s adaptation of Nicholas Nickleby for ITV. While still at university he appeared in Conspiracy (BBC/HBO), and as Randolph Churchill, the son of Winston Churchill the Wartime Prime Minister, in the BAFTA and Emmy award-winning BBC/HBO drama The Gathering Storm, opposite Albert Finney and Vanessa Redgrave.

On graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Hiddleston won his first film role as Oakley in Joanna Hogg’s award-winning first feature, Unrelated. He also appeared in the leading role of Edward in Joanna Hogg's second feature, Archipelago. He has also had leading roles in Declan Donnellan's company Cheek by Jowl's productions The Changeling (in which he played Alsemero and for which he received an Ian Charleson Awards 2007 Nomenation), and Cymbeline (Posthumus Leonatus & Cloten), for which he won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Newcomer 2008.

His Donmar Warehouse credits include Cassio in Michael Grandage's production of Shakespeare's Othello alongside Chiwetel Ejiofor and Ewan McGregor to much critical acclaim and later Lvov in their West End revival of Chekhov's Ivanov. These two roles earned him the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards for Best Supporting Actor 2008.

His TV credits include Magnus Martinsson in the BBC detective drama Wallander, Bill Hazledine in Suburban Shootout, John Plumptre in the BBC costume drama TV film Miss Austen Regrets and William Buxton in the Christmas edition of BBC costume drama series Cranford.

He portrayed Loki in the 2011 Marvel Studios feature film Thor directed by Kenneth Branagh. In 2011, he portrayed F. Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris, written and directed by Woody Allen, and is set to appear in War Horse, directed by Steven Spielberg, and the upcoming The Deep Blue Sea, based on the 1952 play by Terence Rattigan, alongside Rachel Weisz and Simon Russell Beale. He will reprise his role as Loki in The Avengers, to be released 4 May 2012 in 3-D. On May 13, it was announced that Hiddleston would star in Henry V as the title character, in a BBC film version of the play by William Shakespeare, in addition to a part in Henry IV alongside Jeremy Irons.

Tom has also joined the cast of Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive, set to shoot in 2012, and in February 2012 it was confirmed that he had been cast in the film adaptation of Elliott Chaze's 1953 crime novel Black Wings Has My Angel, which will co-star Anna Paquin and centers around a thief and a call girl whose lives are changed by an armored car hiest.

Along with a successful acting career Hiddleston has also narrated the audio book for The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner.
[*]

IMDb profile
Tom Hiddleston Online
TomHiddlestonArchive @ Tumblr
The Avengers trailer | Trailer 2
War Horse trailer
The Deep Blue Sea trailer
BBC2 The Hollow Crown promo (Henry IV & V)

Follow Tom on Twitter

Supporters
bengirl25
Hawthorn
buffyfan145
ღEmrys
lyndell75
JulieB
OnlyException
obthavariable
quin611
eireanne
kgp1217
lisagslack14
Schumiac
hiddleskittlesღ
Lei D Loki
Jade Lizabetta Lautner
theDane1988
baelfire24
JMRamos
sourburst
Musickat18
tranquility

Possible titles:

- "I never get afraid of things, I only get excited."
- "The dream is to keep surprising yourself, never mind the audience."
- "Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming. And don’t be afraid of wearing your heart on your sleeve."
- "If you’ve got something to say, say it from the rooftops."
- "Ain't no short-ass gods around here."
- 'Actor ... brother, son, friend, runner, dancer, prancer, loon.'
- "I am a fanboy first and an actor second."
- "He's an action man, he's got the looks, he's an incredibly talented actor." - Benedict Cumberbatch
- "He's one of the finest actors of our generation." - Benedict Cumberbatch
- 'One of the cleverest actors in the business.' - Empire Magazine
- "Tom is wonderful." - Rachel Weisz
- "He really is a very intelligent man, and a very gifted one." - Terence Davies
-Everyday We're Hiddlestonin'
- Prince Charming does exist and his name is Tom Hiddleston
- We can't wait for Peace Pony.
- His intelligence and eloquent speaking is a turn on; we'll say it from the rooftops.
- The eco-friendly love pod is the place to be!
- He has an army, and it covers the world.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp1217 (View Post)
I just ran into this on my dash, and wow I'am so upset. I can't say I'm surprised, but c'mon guys. This is unacceptable, and has gone too far already
Glad Tidings From a World Made Christmas-y
I haven't read this yet, Kris...

ETA: OK I read it and all I can say is
Spoiler:

Those Twitter users should be banned. OMG.

Last edited by hiddleskittlesღ; 12-16-2012 at 05:58 AM
Old 12-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 12-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Welcome

Have you read the link Kris posted?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)
Welcome

Have you read the link Kris posted?
Yes, some VERY nasty stuff i am so sorry for her that people would ever post something like that.

ETA: sorry i was under the impression that the tweets were directed towards you, but it doesn't make it any better that they are directed to Sian, that just makes it extremely creepy instead of cruel.

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 12-16-2012 at 01:58 PM
Old 12-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Thanks for starting the new thread Kara!

I think that was the last straw for me honestly. Going on twitter and making fake accounts to manipulate Tom in thinking your his hairdresser or Ted Allpress, the child actor who played baby Loki is bad enough, but to go as far as attack people in his life is disgusting.

ETA - Tom tweeted a photo earlier of himself with a fan made Wendy magazine. So cute!

k r i s tine | my art

Last edited by love on the brain; 12-16-2012 at 01:49 PM
Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

These crazy people should not be allowed to internet.

Thanks for the Tom happy post.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

Happy Tom always warms my heart! Happy to see that after that tumblr post. We should ban those crazies from the Internet, yes!

k r i s tine | my art
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tom wants to direct

Quote:
Tom Hiddleston has revealed he would like to step behind the camera as a director.

The British actor, best known for playing villain Loki in Thor and Avengers Assemble, is helping to judge the Jameson Empire Done In 60 Seconds short films competition, and admitted he would like to make his own movies in the future.

"I've never actually made one myself, apart from messing about on my phone. I've written stuff that has gone on to be produced, which is definitely for the best for all of us," he said.

"I would love to do it at some point. The trouble is, I've just been so busy with acting that I haven't had the chance to take out the time to produce my own stuff."

Tom insisted he won't be the Simon Cowell of film, and will instead be supportive of budding filmmakers entering the competition.

"No way, absolutely not. I know how hard it is to make films and to be in them so I will be much more compassionate," he said.

"I'm an ambassador for the competition so I hope I can encourage people to pick up a camera and shoot and send in entries so we can get as many films as we can."

He added: "I'll be looking for confidence and style. Every filmmaker has an individual take on the world and what I find most impressive is when somebody has the confidence to put their own stamp on something."

The closing date for entries to be submitted for the competition is January 20 2013. See Jameson Empire Awards 2013 Done In 60 Seconds for details.
Before you go on directing Tom, DO SOME MORE ACTING FIRST! If you're behind the camera, I won't get to see you.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Aww, I love that Wendy mag!!! Good job!!! And he looked so pleased with it!

I dunno how to feel about the directing thing. Part of me thinks it's too soon, but what do I know... I was a director of plays in high school and college, but that's different. It would be interesting to see what his style would be though.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

He can direct our film

k r i s tine | my art
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think almost all actors are asked if they want to direct and most of them say yes but only a few of them act on it. Tom was just giving a default answer to this typical question. Except his default answer is more articulate than the other actors.

Yo, Kris. Do you need extras?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Hiddleston

The more, the merrier

k r i s tine | my art
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here's Tom on another year end list: IMDB's Top 10 Emerging Stars of 2012

Quote:
Take a look at the highest-ranked emerging stars who made their debut in the top 100 of IMDb's STARmeter this year thanks to memorable performances.
Quote:
#7 Tom Hiddleston - enters top 100 at 45

A villain you truly loved to hate, Hiddleston's Loki was a delicous Big Bad in Joss Whedon's The Avengers, more than holding his own against a cavalcade of superheroes; it's a role he's slated to revive in Thor: The Dark World.
I am happy he made these kinds of lists but I am still waiting for some casting news. Now that Thor 2 has finished filming, what work is he gonna do? I really hope he's just waiting for the holidays to be over before making any decisions or announcements. *crosses fingers*
Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Wow!