Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Stargate women #1: All the women, independent

They're brilliant and smart. The women in Stargate have strengths in different fields.

Warriors, Doctors and field commanders.

Step right in. Have a seat and let's discuss how these women best can conquer the world with their independence.

Music videos:

The women of SG-1 (Party girls)
This One's for the Girls

Links:

Amanda Tapping
Teryl Rothery
Torri Higginson

If anyone else have a link to a good page for Rachel Luttrell please post the link here.

Last edited by Lorency; 12-11-2004 at 11:14 PM
Lorency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Another one. Okay, I'm game for it. I just subscribed to the thread. We really need a board.

Speaking of Rachel, I was thinking about turning my fanlisting into a full site.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just subscribed as well, I can't keep track of all the threads
Suga*Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, drat, I've had to subscribe too.

can I just say how much I wish we had a forum...Watch we'll get one just in time for S9. Argghhh!

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Eye of Botox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:10 AM
Absolute Fan

Caroline!

That's such a great start! You're awesome I love all the pics on the first post, and the banner is perfect.

Full site Marina? That's sounds cool, I've really started liking her character more over the past few eps

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

*Sugi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

I try my best. Glad you guys are here.

Marina, that sounds cool. Fullsite and all...

Ishta:

Old 12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Extreme Fan

just so long as there is Anise we'll all be good. I vote no Anise pictures (or Laira or that Skank who made Jack old!) Sara would be okay.....

Well, did I wake up whinney or what??

edited to say Is that goldilocks Tey-Lo is fighting with?? Tell me Tey-Lo kicks her @$$ back to her little hole in the ground...

Old 12-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone know why TR left Stargate? I mean, most of an actor/actress's life is spent finding work. Why leave?
Old 12-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie
Does anyone know why TR left Stargate? I mean, most of an actor/actress's life is spent finding work. Why leave?
It wasn't her decision to leave. Her character was just written out of the show. It's sad because based on a recent interview Teryl hasn't really spoken to anyone from the show since.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Great Ishta avies!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye of Botox
Is that goldilocks Tey-Lo is fighting with?? Tell me Tey-Lo kicks her @$$ back to her little hole in the ground...
Oh yeah! There was some serious Goldilocks whumping going on there. Teyla kicked ass in that scene... it looked really cool.

Yeah, they wrote TR out of the show because by the time they shot Heroes, they were pretty certain it was going to be the last season. If they'd known they were going ahead with season 8 then I doubt they would have done it. Were you a fan Reggie?

Last edited by *Sugi*; 12-12-2004 at 09:12 PM
Old 12-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by coolove
It wasn't her decision to leave. Her character was just written out of the show. It's sad because based on a recent interview Teryl hasn't really spoken to anyone from the show since.
I read that interview....made me so sad how she hadn't really spoken to anyone in a long time. The whole interview gave me a bit of a bittered impression.

I always felt Janet was as much part of the main cast as everyone else and you don't just go and kill off an important character!!
Dances With Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Janet was like the heart of SGC, the soul. Killing her off was like...a sandwich without a drink...to bathe in a puddle of mud instead of that really big pool you had been promised.

Can't they just make her immortal? You know...like Highlander? They could throw that in. I would accept it.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Absolute Fan

They could always bring her back in an AU? Janet died the real way, I don't think the writers would be fair to her character if they 'explained' her back to life. The way she died was such a great tribute to what her character did. If anything I wish we could have seen more of a reaction in SG1, about how they dealt with losing her.

And what the hell happened to Cassie!?

This show is known for it's incredible continuity, but they slacked off on that plot line.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

That I agree to. More Cassie thank you! Not fair to Cassie at all that we didn't get to see her dealing with the loss of her mother.

I still want a episode when she freaks out totally and wants revenge. I mean the kid had dealt with alot of crap during her time. No one would blame her if she went whacko.

They could bring in Janet from a AU where everything went bad and she is working with the resistence. Still a Doc though.

And she comes to this universe and maybe...I'm just saying maybe here...she can meet Cassie from time to time.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Extreme Fan

i wish Cassie would start making chess pieces twirl again...

*sniff* I miss that Napoleonic Power Mongerer. But ITA Sugi, it was a wonderful way to send her off....Even if I STILL get weepy every.damn.time. I watch that ep.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top