Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Supreme Fan

sMoores #24 - We'll chase her everywhere, even to see Chasing Liberty on Jan 9th!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Welcome to the Mandy Moore Appreciation Thread! [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Banner by Alyssa/~Last Dance~

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Recent Pics [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Recent Acting Projects [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

All I Want - Formerly Try 17, the story of a young man who enters college only to discover that he can learn more about life and love from his neighbours in the apartment building where he lives. Also starring Elijah Wood and Franka Potente.

Chasing Liberty - Formerly known as First Daughter [not to be confused with Katie Holmes' First Daughter movie!] and Flirting with Freedom, a romatic comedy, the U.S. president's 18-year-old daughter gives the Secret Service the slip to go on a romantic European road trip unsupervised by the earpiece set. Also starring Jeremy Piven, Anabella Sciorra and Mark Harmon. Released January 9th 2004!!

Saved - A girl at a Southern Baptist high school finds that her pregnancy makes her an outcast. The film is a coming-of-age story and also a dark comedy. "It's like those monster vampire high school kind of movies, only here the monsters are Jesus-freak teenagers." says Michael Stipe, the former R.E.M. lead-singer turned movie producer. Also starring Jena Malone and Macaulay Culkin. Current release date April 23rd, 2004.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Upcoming Acting Projects [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Cursed - A serial killer stalking women in Los Angeles is cursed by a hunger he cannot define, but changes he cannot explain, by the incessant howling he hears every night. Mandy's role is that of the "cameo first murder victim" and it pretty much over withint the first 5 minutes of the movie. Also starring Christina Ricci, Shannon Elizabeth, Milo Ventimiglia and Scott Foley. Written by Kevin Williamson and Directed by Wes Craven this promises to at least be interesting. Current release date is 2004.

Racing Stripes - The animated story of an abandoned baby Zebra, [Frankie Muniz] that grows up believing he's a racehorse. With the help of barnyard friends and teenage girl who dreams of being a jockey, he overcomes prejudice and self-doubt to pursue his dream of running with thoroughbreds. Also voiced by Dustin Hoffman, Whoopi Goldberg, Joe Pantoliano, Joshua Jackson, Michael Rosenbaum, David Spade and Jeff Foxworthy. The film will be released January 14th 2005.

Romance and Cigarettes - A small, indepandantly made movie due to start filming in March 2004. Not much is known about the movie or other cast members yet, but it will be posted as it arrives. The movie will be made by John Turturro and will no doubt be as original and interesting as his past movies.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Recent/Upcoming Music Projects [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Coverage is the name of Mandy's 4th album, currently in stores now. It is an album of cover songs ranging from Cat Stevens to Elton John, and her first single from the album is Have a Little Faith in Me. Catch the video on TRL and other music channels now!

In Summer 2004 mandy will be revisiting England to release her ner album, only with a twist. Since Mandy Moore nor Coverage have been released in England, the new C.D. will be a mix of tracks from the two. It will be entitled Mandy Moore as it re-introducing her and the track listing can located towards the end of the last thread.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] sMoores [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
1. Switch [Britni]
2. I Got You A Cookie [Alyssa]
3. Angela627 [Angela]
4. StevenStarkill [Steven]
5. b.e.b.e [Hope]
6. ~*spiritual darkness*~ [Maddie]
7. Josh'sTexasGal [Stacy]
8. Luthien Ancalime
9. The Christmas Nazi [Lauren]
10. motl6 [Angela]
11. IndianSpice
12. freak42gether [Kristy]
13. beautifulgarbage [Rachel]
14. Shirlei
15. zales00
16. PoP NoT SoDa
17. Rain Sierra
18. Kawaii_Jay [Joey]
19. Godless Angel [Suzie]
20. ~*Nikki*~ [Nikki]
21. abby-anne
22. dixieland_dreamer

sMoores #23 - Because everyone should go out and buy Coverage! Now! Right now!.

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited Switch ]

"i'm not perfect or saved, baby." - wil wheaton
Old 01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

WOW! New Thread!! Thanks Switch!

Mandy new movie news from Coming Soon and Captured site:

Mandy's looking forward to another film in the works as well. "I'm starting a new project in March that's a little independent film where I'm playing a supporting role. It's a John Turturro film and I'm excited. He's directing it. I'm excited about that because it's a little different for me. Mandy can't say much about her role yet though. "I don't know if I can talk about it yet? It'll all come out in the next couple of weeks or the beginning of the year. It's a really cool cast and stuff, so I feel very honored. It'll be different. Different role, pretty different type of movie."
She did this interview not too long ago, so this is just a confirmation post that 'Romance and Cigarettes' IS a real film she will be in :0) I can't wait!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

That's great news about her new movie! I just realized I'm not on the list, please add me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Supreme Fan

nikki, i've added you to the list... aswell as suzie from the last thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

gio, thanks for the tibit, i've added romance and cigarette's to the upcoming movies list too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

i was planning to post some large images from the cl premiere, but unfortunately the site i need is being a pain in my ass. i'll try and return with them later on this evening. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

and for those of us not in the u.s. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
chasing liberty release dates

u.k. - 19th march 2004
germany 15th april 2004
france 14th july 2004
:://bri

Old 01-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Passionate Fan

woo! brit gets to see a Mandy Moore film in theaters [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

interesting tidbit, seems Ms Mandy tried out for Mona Lisa Smile but they told her she was "too young," hmm I wonder which part it was, the brat, the brain, the free spirit, or the underdog?

Angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 01-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Supreme Fan

mls isn't out here yet either. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] surely mandy isn't that much younger than julia stiles and kirsten dunst? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] shrugs

and yes, mandy movie in a cinema. wonderful wonderful. that is one thing i will go along to see. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 12:28 AM
Passionate Fan

julia: 28 March 1981
kirsten: 30 April 1982
maggie: 16 November 1977

so kirsten is 2 years older than mandy. I can see why they went with the 3 girls they got though, bigger names, bit more experience. And I think Julia and Maggie are better actresses than Mandy. Not a big fan of Kirsten though, heh, but she does have the name. Would have been interesting to see Mandy in that movie though, but I can see why they said she was too young.
Darn, all these good roles Mandy can't get cause she too young (first Lucy Liu's role in Chicago, now MLS).

Intersting enough, Julia is suppose to be in Romance and Cigarettes as well.

Angela
What is the life of a star? Why is it such a big deal? I'm from Vancouver. I came down here to do a job. I have a real problem with celebrity and how it's glamorized. What confuses me is why people are in awe. ~ Carly Pope
Old 01-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Angela I'm sure with age and a bit more experience Mandy will be up there with the best of them. Although, it is a shame she missed out on those roles.

Mandy Moore Goes Against The Grain On 'Coverage'

Gregg Shapiro of Windy City Media Group caught up with Mandy Moore for a Q&A about her new movie 'Chasing Liberty' and her latest album 'Coverage'. Asked if the album of covers was a conscious effort to separate herself from the pack of young female singers, or was it a way to show off your excellent taste in music, Mandy responded, "Thank you! It was a conscious effort to be creative and have fun and go against the grain. Because I had been absent from the music scene for two years and I know I hadn’t had too much musical success, so there were no expectations. I felt like I had the creative control to make whatever sort of record I wanted. When I started to compile a list of my favorite songs, the more I thought about it, I thought I can be selfish and kind of self-serving and do this music, not only just for me but to introduce people my age to it, who might be unfamiliar with some of these artists and music." Read more

Mandy Moore Won't Pose For Men's Magazines

Mandy Moore tells The Associated Press even though she recently got a tattoo on the second toe of her right foot, don't look for a tattoo of her boyfriend Andy Roddick's name. "No, no names. I think that's the worst decision ever when getting a tattoo," she said. Moore also said that she's not interested in sexy photo shoots for men's magazines like FHM or Maxim. "It's not my cup of tea," she said. Read
more

Shh..Andy Doesn't Know Of Mandy's Tattoo
"I keep showing people my feet, which is pretty disgusting," she says with a laugh, then does just that, baring and raising her foot to show off an "itty-bitty-bitty tattoo." ("It took 30 seconds and didn't hurt at all.")
"Andy doesn't know yet," she says with a "shhh," referring to her boyfriend, tennis pro Andy Roddick. "Hopefully this (story) won't come out until I see him next. I just want to see if he notices." Read more

Click Here for pics in the Feb. issue of YM.

Mandy: Liberty Rising (Includes New Chat!)
Mandy had a lot of fun on European locales while shooting her movie but is a homebody at heart, glad to be back in the U.S. talking to us about her CD choices and kissing “five or six” guys on first meeting to choose her “Liberty” leading man. Read more

Pics from the premiere.

All's Fine And Mandy
Moore did recently get in touch with her daring side, having a tiny heart tattooed on her second toe, with hard-partying pal Jack Osbourne along for the ride.
"That's rebellious, but I think that's as rebellious as I'm gonna get," she admits. Read more

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited funktified ]
Old 01-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for adding me brit [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

oh.. isnt she lovely.. i especially love her hair at the moment...

her new movie is chasing liberty right? .. i´m from germany.. i dont thinkg we will get to see this movie .. at least not for the next 6 months.. its not fair...

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-09-2004, 06:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Godless Angel:

her new movie is chasing liberty right? .. i´m from germany.. i dont thinkg we will get to see this movie .. at least not for the next 6 months.. its not fair...
Im there with ya! I dont think Australia will get it for around about that long. Sucks..
Old 01-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

she talked about getting a tattoo in one of the MTV shows here (in the Philippines) when she came and it's so cute that hse really went ahead & got one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

brit, what was going on in that recent pic on top of the page? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by Ron_Cullen
Old 01-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Godless Angel:
her new movie is chasing liberty right? .. i´m from germany.. i dont thinkg we will get to see this movie .. at least not for the next 6 months.. its not fair
release date for cl in germany is april 15th 2004. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] always check previous posts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

b.e.b.e , i'm not sure what exactly was going on. i'm in england so i don't get to see trl, unless i get a video download. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but i suspecting they said something to either shock or shame mandy. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] either way, i thought it was quite cute. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

angela, i get what you mean about her being young. i didn't realise how much younger than kirsten and julie she was. at the end of the day i guess i can also understand why they chose that cast, even if i really don't like kirsten. both the julia's are superb actors.

either way, i think once mandy gets a few more established movies under her belt she'll be able to party up there with the rest of them. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

funktified , thanks for all the tidbits.

i'm still on the lookout for big cl premiere pics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Passionate Fan

this is a cute interview

(oh and yahoo has some CL premiere pix)

Quote:
The Mandy And Matt comedy hour

RITA ZEKAS

They are an impossibly good-looking couple and get an A in chemistry. Pop princess turned actor Mandy Moore and British actor Matthew Goode, who co-star in the romantic comedy Chasing Liberty, could have shot the interview. They are a latter-day Burns & Allen, bantering and riffing back and forth.

The lanky Goode sprawls in his chair, an unlit cigarette in his mouth, which he doesn't light in deference to Moore, who hates smoking.

In the film, Moore plays Anna Foster, 18-year-old daughter of the U.S. President who escapes her Secret Service babysitters to traipse around Europe accompanied by Ben Calder (Goode), this hot, 23-year-old guy she meets when he rescues her on his Vespa, but who happens to work for her daddy.

We posit that Goode comes across on screen as a hetero Rupert Everett.

Moore disagrees. "No, Hugh Grant, I think," she contends.

"I hear Rupert Everett has the reputation of being a bastard in interviews," Goode worries.

Co-starring opposite Madonna in an ill-conceived film can do that to a chappie.

Moore, 19, had a butt double for the scene in which Anna stripped to go skinny-dipping.

"Matthew was my butt double," she kids.

"I have a good bottom," he agrees. "Maybe I should have shaved my legs."

"I got a bunch of Polaroids from women in the Czech Republic who wanted to play my butt double," Moore adds. "I had to audition a couple of girls but how was I supposed to be critical? Next time, Matt must be part of the process."

Liberty is Moore's first foray into romantic comedy, having previously appeared in A Walk To Remember and How To Deal, and it constitutes Goode's film debut. A student of classical theatre, he has amassed TV and theatre credits in his native London including the lead in the BBC's Inspector Lynley Mysteries and Ariel in The Tempest.

"I did the auditioning process and they made me sweat. Andy (Cadiff, the director) fought for me, an unknown."

"Matt had no idea who I was," Moore interjects.

"I thought she was a bit of a diva," Goode counters. "Someone said she was sweet as candy."

Moore swats at him.

"When they hear I'm classically trained in England," Goode continues, "suddenly I become Anthony Hopkins."

Though Moore was 15 when her first CD was released, she can relate to the character's struggling for her independence. In fact, she has a new appreciation for the trials and tribulations of the Bush Twins.

"I have so much sympathy for them, I can never complain about my life," she says. "I have no security and there are no paparazzi lurking in the bushes except for one incident in Venice (the film was shot in five European locations) when a photographer kept jumping on an adjacent water taxi. The photo made it into People magazine saying I was vacationing in Venice with friends."

The duo was disappointed not to have done their own bungee jumping in the film and Goode was allowed to do only a little actual Vespa driving.

"They didn't want Mandy to have skin grafts," he cracks.

This being a Hollywood movie, it has the requisite happy ending, with Anna and Ben in smooch mode. So, do they live happily ever after?

Moore and Goode, who both claim to be incurable romantics, disagree. "To be honest," Moore admits, "I don't think they would stay together."

"That's a terrible thing to stay," Goode protests.

"I think it's unrealistic," she insists, "it's her first relationship and he's the first guy she sleeps with . . . "

"Are you saying Ben is bad in bed?" Goode demands.

"She has a lot to learn and has to experience life," Moore continues. "Maybe somewhere down the line they'll get back together."

"Maybe Ben started cheating on her during the honeymoon," Goode suggests. "Maybe he slept with a stripper.

"I suppose I agree," he confesses, "though I'm hoping for a Notting Hill (Hugh Grant/Julia Roberts) ending."

Moore met tennis star Andy Roddick while filming How To Deal in Toronto last year. They are still together, but she is pragmatic about it.

"How can you say it will last forever?" she asks rhetorically.

And Moore debunks reports that Roddick will star in his own reality series. Too bad. They could be like The Newlyweds, with Moore running around in a little, white, pleated tennis skirt.

"No," insists Goode, "Mandy will be a throwback to the `20s in trousers, a cigarette holder and a wooden racket."

And he's off to light that cigarette now lodged behind his ear.

Additional articles by Rita Zekas
Angela
Old 01-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

News from Siquomb and Captured site:

Mandy Has ANOTHER New Film!

Paramount Pictures has made a deal to acquire Au Pair, a thriller that will star Mandy Moore, whose third film, Chasing Liberty, opens today.

The film is being called a reverse Hand That Rocks the Cradle, with Moore playing a teen who takes a job watching the two children in what seems like an ideal household. She finds deception and danger instead.

The deal came with a first script draft that was written by Judy Klass, a Brooklyn-based writer-professor who hatched the concept. The studio will look to bring in a writer to script a new draft. The film will also get a new title.

Moore next stars in the John Turturro-directed musical Romance and Cigarettes, alongside James Gandolfini, Susan Sarandon and Kate Winslet.

Date: January 09, 2004
Old 01-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Supreme Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] thanks for posting that ang, it was a really funny read. seems like matt and mandy get on really well... plus, he's hot which really can't hurt. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i think i may stalk him after all. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

anyway, review of chasing liberty...

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Chasing Liberty" chases romance and comedy across Europe for nearly two hours without ever quite catching either.

Essentially a teenage rendition of William Wyler's immortal "Roman Holiday" -- with the princess transformed into the virginal 18-year-old daughter of an American president and the journalist changed into an Anglo-American Secret Service agent -- the movie contents itself with superficial and obvious situation comedy interspersed with a travelogue of several photogenic European cities.

Toplined by singer-actress Mandy Moore opposite British newcomer Matthew Goode, "Chasing Liberty" will attract young women entranced by "The Princess Diaries," but the box office looks modest at best. At least its major competition, Fox's similarly themed "First Daughter," has moved off the same playdate to an early spring release.

It's a pity first-time screenwriters Derek Guiley and David Schneiderman didn't more closely study the model of "Roman Holiday," especially the warmth in the relationship between the princess on the lam and her escort with an ulterior motive. Instead, the writers settle for an often cold and brittle affair with so much animosity between the first daughter and her secret Secret Service escort that their falling in love loses all credibility.

Moore's Anna Foster is more spoiled first brat than first daughter. She sees the security cocoon surrounding her not as necessary protection but a movable prison, which male suitors penetrate at their peril. While on a diplomatic mission to Prague with her parents, Anna plots an escape with the daughter (Beatrice Rosen) of the French ambassador. However, her dad, President Foster (Mark Harmon), has foreseen this possibility and taken the precaution to plant Secret Service agent Ben Calder (Goode), a cute guy with a beguiling British accent and a Vespa, on her escape route.

She jumps onto the back of his motorbike while fellow Secret Service agents Weiss (Jeremy Piven) and Morales (Annabella Sciorra) give chase through the crowded nighttime streets of Prague. Anna's main goal is to make it to Berlin's Love Parade, a popular Mardi Gras-like musical parade that attracts more than a million young people annually. After spending the night together, first for a nude swim in the Vltava River and then hiding on the rooftops above a large town square, the two make a dash for a railroad station.

They board the wrong train and wind up in Venice, where an oddball British backpacker befriends, then robs, them. Since Ben's cell phone is malfunctioning thanks to the midnight swim, the other Secret Service agents are always a couple of steps behind the runaways as the two couples make their way through Italy, Austria and Germany.

Rather than cozy up, though, Anna's impetuous nature and Ben's dedication to duty keep them constantly at odds with each other. A parallel romance between Weiss and Morales takes a similar tack, with snide, not-so-good-natured banter between the two. Throw in the president and his wife's (Caroline Goodall) constant quarrels about their daughter, and it's fair to say that Guiley and Schneiderman view all romantic relations as varying degrees of the Bickersons.

While the movie covers a good deal of ground geographically, the couple's adventures are surprisingly mundane, with bungee jumping being about as dramatic as the incidents get. Clearly, the filmmakers do not want real life with security and terrorists concerns intruding, but they ignore too many dramatic possibilities. Freedom changes the first daughter not one iota: Her escape never allows her to become more authentic or in touch with who she really is. Danger never crosses the runaways' path, nor does the agent-in-disguise ever drop his mask to expose his real self. The two never even encounter a "Lost in Translation" moment since people of all nationalities encountered here speak the accented pigeon English of Hollywood movies of the '30s and '40s.

Under the direction of television veteran Andy Cadiff, the movie moves sluggishly, and location work always seeks out the touristic rather than the insider's view in the film's many lush locales.

Warner Bros. Pictures. Alcon Entertainment presents a Trademark Films production.

Cast: Anna Foster: Mandy Moore; Ben Calder: Matthew Goode; Alan Weiss: Jeremy Piven; Cynthia Morales: Annabella Sciorra; President Foster: Mark Harmon; Michelle Foster: Caroline Goodall; Gabrielle: Beatrice Rosen.

Director: Andy Cadiff; Screenwriters: Derek Guiley, David Schneiderman; Producers: David Parfitt, Broderick Johnson, Andrew A. Kosove; Executive producer: Wayne Rice; Director of photography: Ashley Rowe; Production designer: Martin Childs; Music: Christian Henson; Costume designer: Rosie Hackett; Editor: Jon Gregory.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Source.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top